Windows 10: Reloading windows 10 with Vista already on the machine

Discus and support Reloading windows 10 with Vista already on the machine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, two days ago I opened a fraudulent notice from Pay Pal that turned out to be a malware/virus, whatever. Within 20 seconds of opening the email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartyJOE, Dec 1, 2020.

1. MartyJOE Win User

Reloading windows 10 with Vista already on the machine

Hello, two days ago I opened a fraudulent notice from Pay Pal that turned out to be a malware/virus, whatever. Within 20 seconds of opening the email the virus completely zapped windows 10 and all associated apps off of my machine. The only disc I had to get on line and seek help is Vista. After loading it, I got in touch with Microsoft and they allowed me to down load and reinstall Windows 10, but it won't install with Vista in the way. Please help. Thanks in advance

:)

MartyJOE, Dec 1, 2020

2. RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link Windows Update: FAQ

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Reloading windows 10 with Vista already on the machine

Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Reloading windows 10 with Vista already on the machine

1. Reloading windows 10 with Vista already on the machine - Similar Threads - Reloading Vista already

2. windows 10 reload

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 reload: Computer crashed, reloaded windows 10, now icons, background, pictures, etc. look off. The resolution isn't clear like before. Somethings look sort of stretched. Checked resolution in settings it's at the recommended, tried to fix it in display and view, and personalization...
  3. Activating an offline machine running Windows Vista - Is is possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating an offline machine running Windows Vista - Is is possible?: Hi there!I’m having an issue with my old Vista machine. I can’t seem to activate Vista over the internet. It’s a 32 bit system running Windows Vista, and because of the hardware, it will not run Windows 8 or higher. I could re-install Windows Vista but it’s very annoying...
  4. Activating an offline machine running Windows Vista - Is is possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating an offline machine running Windows Vista - Is is possible?: Hi there!I’m having an issue with my old Vista machine. I can’t seem to activate Vista over the internet. It’s a 32 bit system running Windows Vista, and because of the hardware, it will not run Windows 8 or higher. I could re-install Windows Vista but it’s very annoying...
  5. Reload Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reload Windows 10: I have a Windows 10 computer with the latest updates. It's become VERY slow to load. Quite frequently the computer "hangs" and the only way I can get to boot is to do a Ctrl Cmd Delete move. I'm wondering if I should put a fresh copy of Windows on it and if so, how to do...
  6. Reload Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Reload Windows 10: I have a Windows 10 computer with the latest updates. It's become VERY slow to load. Quite frequently the computer "hangs" and the only way I can get to boot is to do a Ctrl Cmd Delete move. I'm wondering if I should put a fresh copy of Windows on it and if so, how to do...
  7. Windows 10 reload

Windows 10 reload: Can I remove windows 10 and download a fresh version to get rid of the log files that are using all of my hard drive space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reload/bf434695-4c8b-45b4-aa63-d61ae1f7a58d
  8. Reinstalling windows 10 on a vista machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling windows 10 on a vista machine: Was given this vista pc, I Made a mistake and reset the device to its original state. I got this computer very used but in good shape had a lot of things stored from the previous person. this was about 4 or for five months ago. Well I totally messed the computer up because...
  9. Vista to Windows 10

Vista to Windows 10: How do I do a clean install from Vista Home Premium to Windows 10? What drivers or programs will need to be loaded after the install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/vista-to-windows-10/86a6f3aa-d214-4825-93db-b4a1ae513702
  10. Reload 10 or not?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reload 10 or not?: I currently run W10 build 9879 on two computers, one gets used quite a lot more than the other. The favoured one has 41 successful updates and 3 failures to date and the other one has had 11 ok and 15 fails. At the moment I can't seem to get the five outstanding updates to...