Windows 10: relocate.xml file for new windows 10 computer, made on windows 7 compu

Discus and support relocate.xml file for new windows 10 computer, made on windows 7 compu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been watching tutorials and searching everywhere. I am far from computer literate but know enough to get in trouble. My desktop and laptop are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thealien, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Thealien Win User

relocate.xml file for new windows 10 computer, made on windows 7 compu

I have been watching tutorials and searching everywhere. I am far from computer literate but know enough to get in trouble. My desktop and laptop are both running windows 7 ultimate and when I originally installed the OS I used the sysprep and relocate files to move my user files to my secondary D drive and am happy with how it went. Actually was surprised and proud of myself LOL.

I am buying parts and plan on building a 4K video editing desktop and am researching and trying to get things prepped for the relocate on the new computer. It seems when I save the file from the tutorial it changes to this which is different than what I copied from the tutorial. Is this because I am doing it on a windows 7 computer? Confused, please help. I am 57 years old and not the brightest bulb in the string! Thanks in advance!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
    <settings pass="oobeSystem">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <FolderLocations>
    <ProfilesDirectory>D:\Users</ProfilesDirectory>
    </FolderLocations>
    </component>
    </settings>
    </unattend>

:)

Thealien, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 13, 2018
  4. relocate.xml file for new windows 10 computer, made on windows 7 compu

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Hi guys,
    Okay, so I wanted to know, I currently have a pc at home with a paid Windows 7 installed. I am getting a new computer either Friday or Monday with an SSD. Seeing as I want Windows 10 now and not 7 and I want it on my SSD how to I get to do this. I already downloaded a Windows 10 file in order to make one of my flash drives eligible for a windows 10 installation.

Will it be possible for me to just install windows 10 on the new SSD with this flash drive using my Windows 7 key, whilst my original windows 7 is still installed on the old Hard drive. And if it is how to I go about deleting my old OS from the HDD, seeing as I also want to use that HDD in my new pc, without formatting all the games I have on it currently?

Thank you in advance

MichaelDFF, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

relocate.xml file for new windows 10 computer, made on windows 7 compu

1. relocate.xml file for new windows 10 computer, made on windows 7 compu - Similar Threads - relocate xml file

2. What made the "RELOCATED"?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What made the "RELOCATED"?!: Dear Sir/Friends: I often use the "Optimize" to improve my pc speed. I know when it do the "Optimize",steps are: defragmented and consolidated. BUT recently a new step named " relocated" joined in. It even does more times than"defragmented" and "consolidated" The more, the...
  3. What made the "RELOCATED"?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What made the "RELOCATED"?!: Dear Sir/Friends: I often use the "Optimize" to improve my pc speed. I know when it do the "Optimize",steps are: defragmented and consolidated. BUT recently a new step named " relocated" joined in. It even does more times than"defragmented" and "consolidated" The more, the...
  4. What made the "RELOCATED"?!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 1.14 WINDOWS xml file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1.14 WINDOWS xml file: Hello.Toady i notice at may users folder an -1.14 windows xml file.What is it?Should unistall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/114-windows-xml-file/7dabdba9-199c-4fc7-b0fe-9041b6aa9093
  6. 1.14 WINDOWS xml file

1.14 WINDOWS xml file: Hello.Toady i notice at may users folder an -1.14 windows xml file.What is it?Should unistall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/114-windows-xml-file/7dabdba9-199c-4fc7-b0fe-9041b6aa9093
  7. XML Files

XML Files: Hi folks! Just registered to this forum and glad to have found it. So I was installing Ubuntu on my computer which already had windows 10.I wanted to have a dual OS. Things went south and windows got deleted/ over written or whatever. I used a hard drive recovery device to...
  8. OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10: I HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON AN OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7? I JUST BOUGHT A NEW "HP LAPTOP" WITH WINDOWS 10, AND OPENED A NEW ACCOUNT BY ACCIDENT, USING PHONE # 1-850-225-4905~!! MY OLD ACCOUNT IS "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" and is what i use to sign-in to...
  9. Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup: Anyone ran across a Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup? That Works!!!*Biggrin 5106
  10. Installing Windows 10 on new computer with Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new computer with Windows 7: I just purchased an HP Elitedesk 705 G1 MT. It came with Windows 7 installed but it was supposed to be upgradable to Windows 10. Since the free upgrade period has expired I purchased a Windows 10 download from Microsoft. Last year I upgraded my old computer and I had the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. relocate.xml

2. relocate.xml windows 10

3. windows 10 relocate.xml