Windows 10: Relocating Pictures directory.

Discus and support Relocating Pictures directory. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 about a month ago, and I changed the default location of "Pictures", "Downloads", "Documents", "Audio" and "Video" folder. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brad1138, Nov 20, 2015.

1. brad1138 Win User

Relocating Pictures directory.

I installed Windows 10 about a month ago, and I changed the default location of "Pictures", "Downloads", "Documents", "Audio" and "Video" folder. I changed them so they resided on my 750 Gb storage drive instead of my 120 Gb SSD drive. All was fine. Now, last week after the big Windows 10 update, the pictures folder has been moved to my "Onedrive" (cloud storage drive) and when I try to change it back to my storage drive (or anywhere else), it say "access denied".

This sounds like something MS would do, but there must be a way to change it back to where I want it. Anyone know how?

Thanks

:)

brad1138, Nov 20, 2015

2. Using separate hard drives for Windows 10 and data storage.

You'll find dozens of web pages explaining how to move the Users or <user name> folder to another drive. They usually work. But Microsoft has never supported them. See
    this
    Microsoft publication

What's supported is relocating individual folders like Downloads, Documents, Pictures, and Music.

• Right-click the personal folder, and then click Properties.
    • Switch to the Location tab in the dialog box.
    • Click Move....
    • Select the destination folder path and then click OK.

JerryLippey, Nov 20, 2015
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

Relocating Pictures directory.

1. Relocating Pictures directory. - Similar Threads - Relocating Pictures directory

2. What made the "RELOCATED"?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    What made the "RELOCATED"?!: Dear Sir/Friends: I often use the "Optimize" to improve my pc speed. I know when it do the "Optimize",steps are: defragmented and consolidated. BUT recently a new step named " relocated" joined in. It even does more times than"defragmented" and "consolidated" The more, the...
  3. Relocation of Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Relocation of Folders: Can I change the location of folders, say Photos, from SSD drive to internal hard drive? From C drive to D drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/relocation-of-folders/60ff9525-9da6-4468-bba8-bdc0ab627629
  4. Cannot relocate "Picture" folder to original place

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot relocate "Picture" folder to original place: So i wanted to move my Picture folder from C to D drive but i accidentally didn't specify a folder and i relocated to the D drive itself and when i try to revert back to default it give me this error: translated it says: Cannot relocate folder here Failed to create the...
  5. Relocate applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Relocate applications: Hi Folks,I have an application that runs locally on the desktops. It is a nuisance to manage over all the individual desktops. Can this be configured to run on a Windows Server and display on the individual desktops? I don't want to use Remote Desktop; what I imagine is more...
  6. Cannot relocate Documents/Pictures anymore from the default location

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot relocate Documents/Pictures anymore from the default location: Part of my job is to login to customer's laptops who bought them from us for a tuning session. I often advice them to NOT connect to the internet while creating the account during the initial setup wizard otherwise they will be forced to sign in with a Microsoft account....
  7. Relocating Windows.edb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Relocating Windows.edb: My Windows.edb is taking 26 GB on my C drive. I want to relocated to my D drive. I'm thinking I might as well rebuild it so it will be defragged and otherwise cleaned up. My question is what is the correct procedure for doing this. So far, I have: 1 Created:...
  8. upgrading to win 10 from win 7 with relocated user directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to win 10 from win 7 with relocated user directory: I am currently running Win 7 SP1. When I installed my windows 7 a few years back, I moved my user directory to a different partition, using the method outlined here: User Profiles - Create and Move During Windows 7 Installation - Windows 7 Help Forums My question is, will...
  9. Relocate folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocate folder locations: I got myself into this mess. Please pleaseee, if anyone could help me solving it I'd be really grateful since it's driving me mad. Initially I wanted to relocate my main folders such as Documents/Music/Downloads etc. into new location. However, I somehow managed to combine...
  10. Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder: Hi Guys, I accidentally deleted my Pictures folder. Being the smart cookie that I am, I had it backed up. I copy and pasted my Pictures Folder to C:\Users\\Pictures. Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\\Pictures....