Windows 10: Relocating Pictures directory.

Discus and support Relocating Pictures directory. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 about a month ago, and I changed the default location of "Pictures", "Downloads", "Documents", "Audio" and "Video" folder. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brad1138, Nov 20, 2015.

1. brad1138 Win User

Relocating Pictures directory.

I installed Windows 10 about a month ago, and I changed the default location of "Pictures", "Downloads", "Documents", "Audio" and "Video" folder. I changed them so they resided on my 750 Gb storage drive instead of my 120 Gb SSD drive. All was fine. Now, last week after the big Windows 10 update, the pictures folder has been moved to my "Onedrive" (cloud storage drive) and when I try to change it back to my storage drive (or anywhere else), it say "access denied".

This sounds like something MS would do, but there must be a way to change it back to where I want it. Anyone know how?

Thanks

:)

brad1138, Nov 20, 2015

2. Using separate hard drives for Windows 10 and data storage.

You'll find dozens of web pages explaining how to move the Users or <user name> folder to another drive. They usually work. But Microsoft has never supported them. See
    this
    Microsoft publication

What's supported is relocating individual folders like Downloads, Documents, Pictures, and Music.

• Right-click the personal folder, and then click Properties.
    • Switch to the Location tab in the dialog box.
    • Click Move....
    • Select the destination folder path and then click OK.

JerryLippey, Nov 20, 2015
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

Relocating Pictures directory.

1. Relocating Pictures directory. - Similar Threads - Relocating Pictures directory

2. How to relocate thumb cache?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to relocate thumb cache?: How to relocate thumb cache? Or have two cache streams? (at diff locations)? I know that this/these are someway possible :) 124782
  3. OneDrive on-demand issues: property of contents in pictures directory automatically...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive on-demand issues: property of contents in pictures directory automatically...: My issue is with OneDrive on-demand file properties for contents in my pictures directory. I store a lot of photos on OneDrive, and since they can't all be stored locally on my machine, I set the property of all files in the pictures directory as "cloud only" by selecting...
  4. Relocating Users Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Relocating Users Folder: Does the Users folder have to be relocated to an empty drive on an existing win 10 installation, or is any local drive ok? 39109
  5. Updates and upgrades with relocated folders

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates and upgrades with relocated folders: Hello, I've been reading in the tutorials how to relocate the user folders and what you need to do in order to upgrade the system. As I have my user and programs folders in another partition (wich I consider is the best way due to the malfunction of windows OSs) some...
  6. Issues with relocated Users folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issues with relocated Users folder: Hi everybody, I recently performed a clean install of Win 10, following the instruction of this Forum to relocate the users folder on another drive. Now, I'm having troubles with Microsoft Edge browser, and I'd like to restore it. I've followed the instrucions of this and...
  7. relocate the Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    relocate the Edge favorites: Am I able to relocate the Edge favorites so that they are stored on a non-system drive, ie the "D" drive? Thanks 15110
  8. Relocate folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocate folder locations: I got myself into this mess. Please pleaseee, if anyone could help me solving it I'd be really grateful since it's driving me mad. Initially I wanted to relocate my main folders such as Documents/Music/Downloads etc. into new location. However, I somehow managed to combine...
  9. Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder: Hi Guys, I accidentally deleted my Pictures folder. Being the smart cookie that I am, I had it backed up. I copy and pasted my Pictures Folder to C:\Users\\Pictures. Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\\Pictures....
  10. Delete everything but picture files from a directory structure?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete everything but picture files from a directory structure?: Got an odd request, anyway to delete everything but picture files from a directory structure ? 64233