Windows 10: Relocating Windows.edb

Discus and support Relocating Windows.edb in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows.edb is taking 26 GB on my C drive. I want to relocated to my D drive. I'm thinking I might as well rebuild it so it will be defragged and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ric982, Apr 28, 2020.

1. ric982 Win User

Relocating Windows.edb

My Windows.edb is taking 26 GB on my C drive. I want to relocated to my D drive. I'm thinking I might as well rebuild it so it will be defragged and otherwise cleaned up. My question is what is the correct procedure for doing this. So far, I have:

1 Created:

D:\ProgramData\Microcode

2 I used Control Panel>Indexing Options> Advanced Options: Select New and set New location after service restarted to

D:\ProgramData\Microsoft

Should I next press the "Delete and Rebuild index" button?

- Will that stop the index service, delete the index, change the location, and restart the service?

Is it correct that I don't need to backup the Windows.edb - because windows will regenerate if it is lost?

:)

ric982, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Rey Cam Win User

WINDOWS 10 EDB FILE KEEPS INCREASING

Hi James,

To know the windows update that may fix your issue with .edb files, we would like to know the current specifications of computer.

To know current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer,
    follow the steps below:

• Select the
      Startbutton.
    • Type
      About your PC.
    • Press
      Enterto find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Meanwhile, we could run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic For Search and Indexing issues.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to change the index location and check if the large Windows.edb file still exists, Please perform the following steps to move the file:

• Enter Indexing Options into the Search field on the Start Menu.
    • Click on Indexing Options.
    • Click on Advanced at the bottom.
    • Click on Select New and specify a new location for your Windows.edb file.
    • Click on OK and wait until Windows restarted.
    • Check if issue persists.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if the issue was left unresolved, kindly get
    back to us with the answers to our inquiryso that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Apr 28, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Relocating Windows.edb

Windows 10...maybe later (not possible to relocate you user profile folder)

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I’m sorry for the Inconvenience caused. Unfortunately there is no option to relocate the user folder. I would suggest you to share your feedback in the Windows Feedback app. To share

• Type Windows Feedback in the search bar and press enter

• Follow the onscreen instructions.
    If you need any further assistance let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Relocating Windows.edb

1. Relocating Windows.edb - Similar Threads - Relocating edb

2. Docs&Pics in onedrive wont relocate.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Docs&Pics in onedrive wont relocate.: There are folders of the same name that I've downloaded data to from onedrive. I've unlinked OneDrive, diddled with ownership, and made various changes to security settings and get the same error. Help!...
  3. Docs&Pics in onedrive wont relocate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docs&Pics in onedrive wont relocate.: There are folders of the same name that I've downloaded data to from onedrive. I've unlinked OneDrive, diddled with ownership, and made various changes to security settings and get the same error. Help!...
  4. Docs&Pics in onedrive wont relocate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. is it posiblein any way to relocate the "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it posiblein any way to relocate the "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" folder.: It takes up 62gb of my 70gb storage but i have another drive I'd like to move the folder to is that even possible it dosen't have to work afterwards but it would be nice if it did...
  6. is it posiblein any way to relocate the "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it posiblein any way to relocate the "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" folder.: It takes up 62gb of my 70gb storage but i have another drive I'd like to move the folder to is that even possible it dosen't have to work afterwards but it would be nice if it did...
  7. is it posiblein any way to relocate the "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" folder.

8. How do I relocate my photos once I have accidentally deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I relocate my photos once I have accidentally deleted?: I have checked my recycling and they are not there! Please help I need them photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-relocate-my-photos-once-i-have/7c9c412b-1efa-4683-9762-cbf7f1d45e69
  9. How do I relocate my photos once I have accidentally deleted?

How do I relocate my photos once I have accidentally deleted?: I have checked my recycling and they are not there! Please help I need them photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-relocate-my-photos-once-i-have/7c9c412b-1efa-4683-9762-cbf7f1d45e69
  10. I lost my phone number due to relocation and change the job

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my phone number due to relocation and change the job: Hi. I lost my telephone number and cannot get authentication code. I have challenged to recover my account may times which is somehing like exam, but automation system does not satisfy my answer. I guess it would never satisfy my answer any longer. How can I recover such...