Windows 10: Relocation gone wrong

Discus and support Relocation gone wrong in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey! So I relocated my default library folders on my drive D: so that my SSD wont get filled. I didn’t made any folder on drive D before relocating. so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by messierxx, Aug 6, 2020.

1. messierxx Win User

Relocation gone wrong

Hey! So I relocated my default library folders on my drive D: so that my SSD wont get filled. I didn’t made any folder on drive D before relocating. so i move it again to drive C: WITHOUT making new folder again. then everything went downhill, they all got renamed to one folder name “Camera Roll” and everytime I store something to a folder, it does the same to the other same named folder. also when I do things on my desktop, it appeared on the same renamed “Camera Roll” folders. I just bought my laptop, it is very new.

How do i rename them to their corresponding folders again? Or is ther any way I can just restore it again as like brand new? i wanted to try to system restore it but it is OFF when i checked.

:)

messierxx, Aug 6, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10...maybe later (not possible to relocate you user profile folder)

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I’m sorry for the Inconvenience caused. Unfortunately there is no option to relocate the user folder. I would suggest you to share your feedback in the Windows Feedback app. To share

• Type Windows Feedback in the search bar and press enter

• Follow the onscreen instructions.
    If you need any further assistance let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Aug 6, 2020
  4. de123 Win User

Relocation gone wrong

Windows 10 - Relocate the Users folder Part 2 -Creating Account Issue

I decided to leave your suggestion as a last resort (before re-installation). I have my AppData folder ~ 15 GB and also my user profile is placed on the bad sectors of the drive. It took me about 5 mins to login into my desktop with a lot of disk grinding. Anyway, I tried Clonezilla in a "rescue" mode (becasue of unreadable sectors) to clone my drive. I replaced the drive with the clone and It somehow worked quite well. I am able to login and within 2 secs I get usable desktop; even Cortana suddenly came alive again and my menu shows up full. I may still have to fix some minor glitches in my profile or AppData. But everything works well and my user accounts and Program Files (that allow themselves to be installed in any locations) sit happily on the second drive.
    Thank you Kari

de123, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Relocation gone wrong

1. Relocation gone wrong - Similar Threads - Relocation gone wrong

2. Upgrade gone wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade gone wrong: I bought the upgrade from Win 10 home to Pro from the Microsoft store. My system was fully patched & Activated before I upgraded. When I ran the upgrade I received error 0x80070005. I restarted the system. The system installed and upgraded and restarted at least one. Upon...
  3. Mobifi gone wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mobifi gone wrong: I have a mobile wifi. When I connect it to computer, it is getting recognized as a cd drive. Can somebody please explain Step by step what I have to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobifi-gone-wrong/1f16ba47-b243-4fb0-8029-7219319defec
  4. Update Gone Wrong

Update Gone Wrong: On Saturday, I woke up to all of my files deleted, or at least I thought. I took my computer into the Geek Squad, where they informed me that MS had an update and it sent all of my files to the recycle bin! I was able to restore my files, but I have lost the ability to open...
  5. What's gone wrong?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's gone wrong?: Hi Can anyone help, please? My PC was working fine last time i used it 2 days ago. But today it starts with black screen with just a cursor, which sits there for around 5 minutes. Then take another 5 minutes to get to the login screen. After logging in and waiting...
  6. EVERYTHING GONE WRONG!!!!

EVERYTHING GONE WRONG!!!!: When i started using Windows 10, i felt really excited! Well, a few days later, it already showed me that storage was almost full, even though i started using it. Surprisingly, the WHOLE system tooked up Half of my storage! And now i tried everything to have enough storage...
  7. update gone wrong

update gone wrong: I have a Toshiba laptop and i went to update it and it is now stuck in a loop of the welcome Toshiba screen with a loading circle then it says ''attempting to recover installation undoing changes made to your computer'' can someone help please, thank you....
  8. Factory Reset Gone Wrong

Factory Reset Gone Wrong: I am having a problem with my computer. I did a factory reset because it was slow and my disk was always high so when I did i fell asleep because i knew it was going to take a little while. When i wake up my computer was turned off and when i turn it on, All i see is the logo...
  9. update gone wrong

update gone wrong: Why did my settings get messed up when I updated to windows format 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-gone-wrong/903608e0-f88e-462e-bb8c-19bfa1b4d220
  10. Reset gone wrong

Reset gone wrong: I was planning on selling my laptop acer aspire e14 windows 10 it froz at 14% for a couple of hours so I turned it off and back on again when I turned it on it came up administrator preparing windows it takes about 15 minutes then a message pops up saying...