Windows 10: REM command acting strangely since 2021-07 Windows 10

Discus and support REM command acting strangely since 2021-07 Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings,since the beginning of July 2021, I have noticed that some of my batch files containing REM command on the 1st line are failing.I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matej_R, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Matej_R Win User

REM command acting strangely since 2021-07 Windows 10

Greetings,since the beginning of July 2021, I have noticed that some of my batch files containing REM command on the 1st line are failing.I have experimented and found a one-line example of such a batch I named it funny.cmdREM command acting strangely since 2021-07 Windows 10 :mad:rem is.microsoft.funny/?answer=NOI would expect this batch to produce no output -- but instead I get:C:\temp>funny.cmd NO was unexpected at this time. C:\temp>@rem is.microsoft.funny/?answer=NOThe funny thing is, the REM command was working fine until end of 2021-06 -- it seems some MS update "improved" its functionality.Currently the simplest workaround is to a

:)

Matej_R, Jul 29, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile REM command acting strangely since 2021-07 Windows 10 :)

3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown REM command acting strangely since 2021-07 Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jul 29, 2021
  4. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

1. REM command acting strangely since 2021-07 Windows 10 - Similar Threads - REM command acting

2. Windows 10 2021-07 Cumulative update error installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2021-07 Cumulative update error installing: Hi, yesterday I noticed my computer had an error installing 3 updates. The updates are listed on the screenshot. However as I attempt to update them, I get an error , saying the following: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep...
  3. 2021-07 cumulative update for Windows 10 KB5004945

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2021-07 cumulative update for Windows 10 KB5004945: This is the update about the "PrintNightmare" vulnerability. Here's my situation:I downloaded the update through Windows Update yesterday. After clicking "install," things went as expected, until it got to "Installing: 100%" where it just sat for a good half hour. Having run...
  4. Windows apps acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps acting strange: Latley Ive had in issue with windows apps acting strange This is only in windows apps, Start Menu, Settings, Xbox Ive linked a video to showcase the issue https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SXs2wztCGS71yZ4WsClB9_ciYVse01-l/view?usp=sharing...
  5. desktop acting strange

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop acting strange: It is as if the devil took my working desktop w/ w10, cntl/alt del wont bring up task master. web sites change font size if I try to scroll using mouse wheel. cortina wont input. the list goes on and on. And then if i wait long enough, (10 -20 minutes) things start working....
  6. Windows Security Acting Strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security Acting Strange: Running into a strange bug with Windows security that I haven't been able to figure out: I have Windows security active on my PC, nothing out of the ordinary there. With a recent update Windows security has been informing me when it blocks changes to the system. These blocks...
  7. Windows Explorer acting strangely..

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer acting strangely..: Explorer annoyed me with it's quick access thing making me wait and grouping things the way it wants and effectively putting things out of sight... so I disabled it via the view/options thing. and that worked for maybe ten minutes. Until I next shut down windows explorer...
  8. DVD IS ACTING STRANGE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD IS ACTING STRANGE: HI I JUST PURCHASED A NEW HP ELITE X2 1012 G2. I HAVE A PLUG AND PLAY LG DVD DRIVE. I PLUG IT IN AND WINDOWS SEES IT THEN I PUT THE DVD IN. THE WINDOWS SAYS IT NEEDS A PLAYER FROM THE STORE. SO I DOWNLOADED THE PLAYER AND IT STILL WANTS A PLAYER? I WENT INTO THE PLAYER AND...
  9. EDGE Browser Acting Strange Since Fall Creators Update.

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE Browser Acting Strange Since Fall Creators Update.: For some reason EDGE is no longer allowing me to log into my bank account. Enter all info, click "Log In" and nothing happens at all. It's just like my mouse pointer is a ghost. With Firefox, I log in as usual. No problem. I'm experiencing this same "no response" from...
  10. Notebook pc acting strange since win 10 icon showed up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Notebook pc acting strange since win 10 icon showed up.: Hi, new member here and am running win 7 home professional and have had the win 10 icon there for a while and a couple days ago i had the prompt saying it was ready to install but haven't installed it yet due to all the problems im hearing about as well as not having another...