Windows 10: Remap Home button

Discus and support Remap Home button in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a MX3-L wireless airmouse/keyboard and would like to remap the Home button on it to a combination of keys. I want to use the Home button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by noob00224, Dec 3, 2018.

1. noob00224 Win User

Remap Home button

Hello,

I have a MX3-L wireless airmouse/keyboard and would like to remap the Home button on it to a combination of keys.
    I want to use the Home button for starting a new window of Firefox (Ctrl+N).
    Default page for Firefox is google.com.
    If I press the Home button while the window is not focused it opens a new window.
    If I press the Home button while the window is focused on it goes to the default page. So if I'm on any other page other than the default, I loose it, which I don't want.
    This used to work properly in Win7, but fails in Win10.

I also have a Microsoft Ergo 4000 wired keyboard which has a Home button. The button can be remapped/disabled by the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
    The default for the button is Start Web Browser. It behaves the same as the Home button on the airmouse. What I can do here is map the button so it starts a program. Setting it to start firefox.exe give me the result I want.
    Problem is this only affects the Microsoft keyboard.

Tried the following software:
    Key remapper
    Sharp keys
    Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator
    Keyboard-layout-editor.com
    KeyTweak
    MapKeyboard
    Key Mapper
    Key extender

Some did not see the Home key at all, and even the ones that saw it did not work.
    The only one that could remap to combination of keys is Key remapper, but does not work properly:
    I make the change to remap Home to Ctrl+N.
    This reactivates the Home button on the keyboard, even If I have it disabled.
    Pressing the Home button on the airmouse opens a new window, but also sends the old to it's default.

What other software can I use, or how can I achieve the desired result?

:)

noob00224, Dec 3, 2018
  2. pagalms Win User

Remap wireless mouse buttons?

Hey there! *Smile Remap Home button :)
    I have Logitech MX620 wireless mouse and i'm looking for remap search button (never used it) to something more useful, like Refresh for i-net browsers. Is it possible to remap it without using additional software (editing registry or something like that)?
    *Smile Remap Home button :)
    BTW pic of the mouse and it's button, that i wish to remap:

Remap Home button [​IMG]

pagalms, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Button Remapping (Xbox)

Hello Microsoft, i was wondering if there is a setting to remap your triggers. You can remap any other button, but not the triggers which is the one i want to remap. And if there isn't a way, can you make it so there is?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

BeauBarbie, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Remap Home button

Trying to remap gamepad buttons

Hello,

I was wondering if there's anyway I can remap my gamepad's button assignments? Ideally, I'd rather not do this for a specific game/application, but rather in general.

Right now, I have one of those PS2 to USB adapters. While it works just fine, the buttons assignments are a bit screwy. Usually, most games I play with this gamepad allow for me to just remap button assignments within the game. But, this year's Madden NFL title is giving everyone fits; users cannot remap "pre-snap" button commands. *Frown Remap Home button :(

Anyway, I was just curious if there's some software or registry tweak that would allow me to change my gamepad buttons?

Oh, and I think it might be worth mentioning that I went into my Registry and changed my gamepad's name. While that now allows Madden to recognize my device as a Logitech, the button assignments are still incorrect, (or correct...depending on how you look at it *Wink Remap Home button ;) ).

- Thanks!

Details:
    Hardware: PS2 Gamepad using XANGA PC-2802 USB Adapter
    Device OS Name: XINGA USB v2003

JoeyRoland, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Remap Home button

1. Remap Home button - Similar Threads - Remap Home button

2. Bluetooth headset button remapping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset button remapping: Hi folks,I wanted to remap my Bluetooth headsets button to skip frames in VLC media player.Any Idea how to do so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-button-remapping/364ae052-ba34-4bf6-9524-21e274ee5eef
  3. Bluetooth headset button remapping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset button remapping: Hi folks,I wanted to remap my Bluetooth headsets button to skip frames in VLC media player.Any Idea how to do so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-button-remapping/364ae052-ba34-4bf6-9524-21e274ee5eef
  4. How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click?: I recently started using windows after being a mac use for the past decade. One thing I've gotten very used to is using the left-side button on my (microsoft) mouse to "open in new tab" when I'm in a web browser. However it seems in windows the default mapping for this button...
  5. Remapping keyboard Home and Menu buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remapping keyboard Home and Menu buttons: How to remap / re assign standard desktop keyboard "Home (IE)" and "Menu" button to open any other application? Is there a registry key which can be modified? For example instead Home (MSIE) multimedia player. Thank for any ideas which could help searching solution. 159749
  6. trying to remap buttons on my logitec mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trying to remap buttons on my logitec mouse: i recently bought a computer but the buttons on the mouse were odd inputs. when i go into the mouse option the mouse itself is not there. i use the mouse so it has to work it is connected through a USB. the mouse is a logitec G300....
  7. Keyboard remapped

Keyboard remapped: my key next to spacebar has been remapped(deleted) and doesnt do anythung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-remapped/9aadb5df-cf96-44ec-926d-bbfdd1bfb1fc
  8. Forward/Back buttons on mouse got remapped on Windows update

Forward/Back buttons on mouse got remapped on Windows update: Hello, I have been using a J Tech Digital V628P mouse with my windows laptop for some time. Recently, without any action on my part, the functionality tied to the forward/back buttons changed. Now, the forward button launches the calculator (no matter which program is...
  9. Keyboard remapping

Keyboard remapping: Hi, I'm new to computers in general and have recently bought a laptop with Windows10. I find the right hand shift key hard to reach and often press the PgUp key instead. Is there any way of swapping these keys around? TIA...
  10. home button

in Browsers and Email
    home button: I have set yahoo as my home page, when I open edge that is what opens, if I go to another site and then hit the home button msn opens, I check in settings and yahoo is still my home page, I close edge and reopen and yahoo is there, why is it doing this and how do I stop msn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remap home button nativescript

2. remapping home button