Windows 10: Remap/retask Realtek ports on Windows 10?

Discus and support Remap/retask Realtek ports on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My front-panel headphone jack appears to be broken (only one earphone plays sound). I'd like to remap one of my extra back ports to be a headphone jack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by owegly, Nov 22, 2019.

1. owegly Win User

Remap/retask Realtek ports on Windows 10?

My front-panel headphone jack appears to be broken (only one earphone plays sound). I'd like to remap one of my extra back ports to be a headphone jack so I can keep my speakers and my headphones plugged in.

I tried to follow the instructions here
    How to remap / retasking Realtek onboard jacks / ports | Reaper-X
    but it didn't work and the setting kept getting overwritten. I read around a bit and saw that the remapping doesn't work with newer Realtek drivers. Is that true?

I'm using Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.8273, the latest recommended from my mobo support page (Z270G). Windows 10 x64.

:)

owegly, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Total Win User
    Total, Nov 22, 2019
  3. mav20 Win User
    About this new realtek driver

Hello,

i need to permanently remap outputs because my front speaker jack is broken.
    I tried remapping in HD Audio Manger and by registry (How to remap / retasking Realtek onboard jacks / ports | Reaper-X) but on every reboot the mapping gets reset.

Is there a way to force re-mapping after restart?

mav20, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Remap/retask Realtek ports on Windows 10?

Headset not recognised. No other online help is helpful.

Thank you for getting back to us. Let's try to remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back/front panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select
      Headphone.
    Update us on the outcome.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Remap/retask Realtek ports on Windows 10?

1. Remap/retask Realtek ports on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Remap retask Realtek

2. Keyboard remapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard remapped: my key next to spacebar has been remapped(deleted) and doesnt do anythung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-remapped/9aadb5df-cf96-44ec-926d-bbfdd1bfb1fc
  3. Remapping keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remapping keyboard keys: I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on the windows side, specifically the apple CMD key to the windows control key. thanks....
  4. Remap Home button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remap Home button: Hello, I have a MX3-L wireless airmouse/keyboard and would like to remap the Home button on it to a combination of keys. I want to use the Home button for starting a new window of Firefox (Ctrl+N). Default page for Firefox is google.com. If I press the Home button while the...
  5. Keyboard remapping

Keyboard remapping: Hi, I'm new to computers in general and have recently bought a laptop with Windows10. I find the right hand shift key hard to reach and often press the PgUp key instead. Is there any way of swapping these keys around? TIA...
  6. Realtek audio ports are all kinds of messed up

Realtek audio ports are all kinds of messed up: My motherboard is a Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, I just bought it last week. When I refer to things that happened "in the past", I mean with Realtek audio on other motherboards. I keep speakers plugged into the back panel and I have headphones plugged into the front panel. This...
  7. Remapping key FROM REGISTRY

Remapping key FROM REGISTRY: My 'delete' key doesn't work anymore. I'd like to remap it to the 'insert' key. I've tried EVERY. SINGLE. Third party program. I've tried Microsoft's program for remapping. None have worked. I want to go straight through the registry so I can do ctrl-alt-del. I haven't...
  8. Remapping "Windows Key + W" To "Alt + F4"?

Remapping "Windows Key + W" To "Alt + F4"?: I like using Alt + F4 to close windows, but it's hard to hit. Could I change it to something else? If so, could I use Windows Key + W? Is it used for anything else in windows? 12129
  9. fonts - remapping number system

fonts - remapping number system: I have a pack of fonts, that when used with office 2013, it shows up as gibirish. I have them since office 2003, and had the same problem when I upgraded, and used them with office 2007, a friend of mine, was able to remap them (some type of number system), and it worked...
  10. Remapping & Disabling keys

Remapping & Disabling keys: Hi! I am new to Windows (been a Mac for ever). I am afraid of messing up my system. I really need to disable the Home button. It is next to my backspace button and I keep hitting it. needless to say, AARRGGHH.*Confused I see that there are apps that claim to remap the keys....