Windows 10: Remap single key of bluetooth keyboard

Discus and support Remap single key of bluetooth keyboard in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to remap a single key on a bluetooth keyboard? It is a key that opens up a new instance of my internet browser (see link). Instead I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/klkmom, Jul 24, 2020.

1. /u/klkmom Win User

Remap single key of bluetooth keyboard

Is there any way to remap a single key on a bluetooth keyboard? It is a key that opens up a new instance of my internet browser (see link). Instead I would like it to take a screenshot of my screen.

https://imgur.com/2NjjTKC

submitted by /u/klkmom
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/klkmom, Jul 24, 2020

2. Keyboard Remap and Macro

(Windows 10 Pro)
    I need a recommendation for software that will ...
    1. allow me to remap a few keys on my keyboard
    2. one of them is the Windows Key
    3. allow me to create keyboard macros
    I keep hearing about sharpkeys but doesn't sound like it can create macros. I am hoping I can get the job done with a single program.
    Any suggestions? Thx, Henry Fiddler

Henry TFiddler, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Remapping keyboard keys

thanks for this but the first post is to "assign a macro or program to a key" which is not what i want to do.

Im not sure why i would need to run the troubleshooter because there is nothing wrong with the keyboard i just want to remap the keys.

i am unsure also why you are referring me to update with the media creation tool? these seem completely unrelated to my problem....

note: i just tried selecting the 'send key combinations' on my remote desktop client and this allowed the remapping software to recognise the CMD key as the left windows key so i thought i was in luck. i remapped it in the software to the left CRTL key and
    restarted but it doesnt seem to have done anything at all....frustrating.

Default Username 40, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Candic3 Win User

How to remap combinations of keys including the windows key?

To avoid the XY problem, I'll explain my problem and then the problem I have with my attempted solutions:

Problem

I have a windows laptop (hp elitebook), and I use my wireless bluetooth mac keyboard with it. Because the keyboard shortcuts do not translate well from windows to Mac, I want to remap them. I can either 1) remap the keys on the windows machine, such that the bluetooth mapping is what I desire, or 2) remap the keys on the bluetooth wireless keyboard.

I chose 1) because I want to be able to use my bluetooth wireless keyboard with other machines.

Attempted Solution

Let's say, for example I want to map the cntrl+W to Windows key+W. I can't just map Cntrl to Windows key, because I need the cntrl key for other things. I want to map the combination to another combination.

I tried this SharpKeys , but it only maps single keys to single keys.
    I tried Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator, which looked promising, but in the layout interface, there is no windows key (strange, since it came from Microsoft).
    I even tried editting the .klc file, which is what this guy suggested, but I found it very difficult to edit the .klc files for my purpose. The klc files can be downloaded using the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator, and the codes for the keys can be found here. But , even still I do not know how to edit it to allow combations of keys, again it seems like it is only good for one to one.

Any suggestions for the Problem or the Attempted Solution? Thank you.

Candic3, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Remap single key of bluetooth keyboard - Similar Threads - Remap single key

2. remapping a single keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remapping a single keyboard: my laptops number pad has a different layout to my usb keyboard, I'd like to remap my laptop keyboard but not my usb keyboard may be both active at oncepowertoys can't do thiswindows 11 proudly has thousands of features I don't want. can microsoft implement this feature I do...
  3. remapping a single keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remapping a single keyboard: my laptops number pad has a different layout to my usb keyboard, I'd like to remap my laptop keyboard but not my usb keyboard may be both active at oncepowertoys can't do thiswindows 11 proudly has thousands of features I don't want. can microsoft implement this feature I do...
  4. Keyboard Keys Remapped for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Keys Remapped for no reason: Yesterday, while browsing in Chrome, I realised that some of my keyboard keys had been remapped. As I am writing this, I am using the touch keyboard to type.Currently, these are the problem keysn - <Notification Panel> z - z7 7 - z7 WinKey - <Notification Panel> on Win10, it...
  5. Keyboard Keys Remapped for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Keys Remapped for no reason: Yesterday, while browsing in Chrome, I realised that some of my keyboard keys had been remapped. As I am writing this, I am using the touch keyboard to type.Currently, these are the problem keysn - <Notification Panel> z - z7 7 - z7 WinKey - <Notification Panel> on Win10, it...
  6. Remapping Bluetooth remote controller keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remapping Bluetooth remote controller keys: Hi, I have an air mouse which is controls devices using a Bluetooth dongle. It works but some buttons don't. For example the back button does nothing on windows. The air mouse pointer works and certain basic functions work too. So how do I make windows to read those buttons?...
  7. Keyboard key spontaneously remapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard key spontaneously remapped: Recently after using Windows a while the "l" key lower case on the keyboard gets mapped into the "move to the rightmost desktop" key. or maybe just repeated "move desktop right" actions. This is not a physical problem since it even happens if I use a Bluetooth keyboard....
  8. Remapping keyboard keys

Remapping keyboard keys: Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not (please let me know if there's a better sub), but I 'm trying to remap one of the keys on my keyboard since it doesn't seem to be working properly. Basically, I found a keyboard that someone had tossed out and I...
  9. keyboard key remapping app recommendations?

keyboard key remapping app recommendations?: I work on a Macbook and at home I use a Windows 10 PC. I know I can remap keys on my Macbook but I think I now prefer they key mappings there than on Windows. Wondering if I there are any recommended apps remapping keys on Windows submitted by /u/andy_d0 [link] [comments]...
  10. Remapping keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remapping keyboard keys: I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on the windows side, specifically the apple CMD key to the windows control key. thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remap bluetooth media button windows