Windows 10: Remapped ram with msconfig, no change in performance.

Discus and support Remapped ram with msconfig, no change in performance. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have an Acer apu system that I upgraded to 8gb of ram. Windows want using all of it and was keeping 4gb in hardware reserve. I did the thing I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lt_Matthew, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Remapped ram with msconfig, no change in performance.

So I have an Acer apu system that I upgraded to 8gb of ram. Windows want using all of it and was keeping 4gb in hardware reserve. I did the thing I’m msconfig to force it to use all 8gb, but even though task manger, msinfo, and resource monitor all day I now have 5gb available instead the 2.6 I had, there is no change in performance.

submitted by /u/lt_Matthew
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lt_Matthew, Mar 6, 2020

2. Accidentally disabled RAM in msconfig Windows 7

While trying to activate some extra RAM in my computer I accidentally disabled all of my RAM except for 10 MB in the advanced boot options in msconfig. Now when I boot my computer it blue screens with the error msg "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO." I have tried
    booting in safe mode but it does the same thing. Running msconfig through the cmd prompt in System Recovery Options isn't working either. Any suggestions on how I could get to msconfig or change the advanced boot options without booting my computer into windows?

Thank you.

HankWesson, Mar 6, 2020
  3. InTech Win User
    My Desktop Performance issue

My desktop computer specification is

• Processor: AMD FX 8320
    • Motherboard: Asus M5A97
    • RAM: Kingston HyperX 16 GB (8*2)
    • HD: 1TB WD Black
    • Graphics Card: 2GB Saphire 5450
    • SMPS: Cooler Master 650W

I optimized my desktop computer well.

• Limited applications are installed in my desktop computer.
    • Limited applications are enabled in startup.
    • In msconfig, limited services are enabled.
    • Browsers are optimized.
    • No games are installed.
    • No temp/ junk files
    • Internet Speed is fine.
    • Internet Security is updated and working fine.
    • In Task Manager, CPU usages and temperature are normal.

However, its performance is low.

• Please guide me for additional steps or in-depth steps for its improved performance.
    • And I would like to diagnose its benchmark performance. What applications I can use for it?

With Regards

InTech

InTech, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Remapped ram with msconfig, no change in performance.

4GB RAM only 3.12 usable?

Check your memory remapping feature in the bios.

Also, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978610

this:
    and this:

Black Panther, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Remapped ram with msconfig, no change in performance.

1. Remapped ram with msconfig, no change in performance. - Similar Threads - Remapped ram msconfig

2. After changing Maximum ram to 0 from msconfig, PC fails to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After changing Maximum ram to 0 from msconfig, PC fails to boot: I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop. So, out of curiosity I changed the maximum ram to 0 from msconfig and now after restarting my pc won't boot and stuck at black screen. I'm afraid I might lose my data. In that case what should I do? Please help me!!...
  3. Rollback msconfig changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback msconfig changes: Hello! I've got a following issue: I changed option in msconfig to Diagnostic startup. After that I rebooted my laptop. Some updates have been installed after reboot. And after that I lost access to admin user - pin is not working with error 0x8007139f and I forgot last admin...
  4. Rollback msconfig changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback msconfig changes: Hello! I've got a following issue: I changed option in msconfig to Diagnostic startup. After that I rebooted my laptop. Some updates have been installed after reboot. And after that I lost access to admin user - pin is not working with error 0x8007139f and I forgot last admin...
  5. Rollback msconfig changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. BSOD on startup after changing maximum ram on msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on startup after changing maximum ram on msconfig: Recently, after changing my maximum ram on msconfig in attempt to make my computer use the entirety of my installed ram, I've been stuck in a loop of blue screens and restarts. I've tried all the advanced options for restarts and safe mode as well as the windows recovery...
  7. BSOD on startup after changing maximum ram on msconfig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on startup after changing maximum ram on msconfig: Recently, after changing my maximum ram on msconfig in attempt to make my computer use the entirety of my installed ram, I've been stuck in a loop of blue screens and restarts. I've tried all the advanced options for restarts and safe mode as well as the windows recovery...
  8. BSOD on startup after changing maximum ram on msconfig

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Msconfig not keeping changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Msconfig not keeping changes: I am having problems with a program, and their help desk instructed to un-check "Load startup items", click Apply and click OK. When I do this I am not getting the expected restart message. When I reopen Msconfig, the change has not been made....
  10. msconfig changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    msconfig changes: I took a picture of my msconfig and I noticed that in a day the numbers behind these 8 services changed they were DevicePicker_ DevicesFlow_ MessaginService_ Sync Host_ Contact data_ PrintWorkflow_ User data storage_ user data access_ they all had the same number...