Windows 10: Remapping keyboard Home and Menu buttons

Discus and support Remapping keyboard Home and Menu buttons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to remap / re assign standard desktop keyboard "Home (IE)" and "Menu" button to open any other application? Is there a registry key which can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by robilong, Jul 1, 2020.

1. robilong Win User

Remapping keyboard Home and Menu buttons

How to remap / re assign standard desktop keyboard "Home (IE)" and "Menu" button to open any other application?
    Is there a registry key which can be modified?
    For example instead Home (MSIE) multimedia player.

Thank for any ideas which could help searching solution.

:)

robilong, Jul 1, 2020
  2. pagalms Win User

Remap wireless mouse buttons?

Hey there! *Smile Remapping keyboard Home and Menu buttons :)
    I have Logitech MX620 wireless mouse and i'm looking for remap search button (never used it) to something more useful, like Refresh for i-net browsers. Is it possible to remap it without using additional software (editing registry or something like that)?
    *Smile Remapping keyboard Home and Menu buttons :)
    BTW pic of the mouse and it's button, that i wish to remap:

Remapping keyboard Home and Menu buttons [​IMG]

pagalms, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Remapping keyboard keys

Hi, Gonadgranny,

How to remap Windows Keyboard to match the Mac Keyboard layout.

https://9to5mac.com/2016/03/17/how-to-remap-win...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Smittychat., Jul 1, 2020
  4. Remapping keyboard Home and Menu buttons

Keyboard remapping

I don't think it's possible to remap the keyboard keys. At least there are not built in applications to do that.

Linley Meslier, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Remapping keyboard Home and Menu buttons

1. Remapping keyboard Home and Menu buttons - Similar Threads - Remapping keyboard Home

2. remapping a single keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remapping a single keyboard: my laptops number pad has a different layout to my usb keyboard, I'd like to remap my laptop keyboard but not my usb keyboard may be both active at oncepowertoys can't do thiswindows 11 proudly has thousands of features I don't want. can microsoft implement this feature I do...
  3. Bluetooth headset button remapping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset button remapping: Hi folks,I wanted to remap my Bluetooth headsets button to skip frames in VLC media player.Any Idea how to do so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-button-remapping/364ae052-ba34-4bf6-9524-21e274ee5eef
  4. Keyboard malfunction or remapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard malfunction or remapped: Laptop: Msi GP627RDFew keys are working properly.Esc, E, V, Y, [, Alt, Tab.Pressing 'E' also presses 'Esc'.Pressing 'V' combines with '[' and come as 'v[' and if caps on '[' changed to '{'.Pressing 'Y' also presses 'Alt'.'Alt+Tab' don't change windows, only 'Tab' shows all...
  5. Remapping keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remapping keyboard keys: Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not (please let me know if there's a better sub), but I 'm trying to remap one of the keys on my keyboard since it doesn't seem to be working properly. Basically, I found a keyboard that someone had tossed out and I...
  6. Remap Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remap Keyboard: I installed the new Powertoys from Microsoft and I was able to remap the F7 key the way I wanted to. I would like to know if there is a way to remap the function keys with a second mapping maybe Ctrl F7 for example, also is is possible to map something like ctrl L to do...
  7. Keyboard remapped

Keyboard remapped: my key next to spacebar has been remapped(deleted) and doesnt do anythung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-remapped/9aadb5df-cf96-44ec-926d-bbfdd1bfb1fc
  8. Remapping keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remapping keyboard keys: I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on the windows side, specifically the apple CMD key to the windows control key. thanks....
  9. Remap Home button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remap Home button: Hello, I have a MX3-L wireless airmouse/keyboard and would like to remap the Home button on it to a combination of keys. I want to use the Home button for starting a new window of Firefox (Ctrl+N). Default page for Firefox is google.com. If I press the Home button while the...
  10. Keyboard remapping

Keyboard remapping: Hi, I'm new to computers in general and have recently bought a laptop with Windows10. I find the right hand shift key hard to reach and often press the PgUp key instead. Is there any way of swapping these keys around? TIA...