Windows 10: Remapping keyboard keys

Discus and support Remapping keyboard keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gonadgranny, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:42 PM.

1. Remapping keyboard keys

I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on the windows side, specifically the apple CMD key to the windows control key. thanks.

:)

2. Keyboard remapping

I don't think it's possible to remap the keyboard keys. At least there are not built in applications to do that.

Linley Meslier, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:49 PM
  3. Need to remap several keys on keyboard!!

My spacebar and backspace keys do not work, I wanted to remap them on the keyboard to other keys that I don't use. I've tried many downloadable programs like SharpKeys, but they are not working... I have Windows 10 and need to know if there's something
    else I can do to remap the functions of these two keys to another location....

4. Remapping keyboard keys

TairikuOkami, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:49 PM
Thema:

Remapping keyboard keys

1. Remapping keyboard keys - Similar Threads - Remapping keyboard keys

2. Remap Home button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remap Home button: Hello, I have a MX3-L wireless airmouse/keyboard and would like to remap the Home button on it to a combination of keys. I want to use the Home button for starting a new window of Firefox (Ctrl+N). Default page for Firefox is google.com. If I press the Home button while the...
  3. transposition of keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transposition of keyboard keys: My keys for " and @ are now transposed on my keyboard. How can I reverse these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transposition-of-keyboard-keys/2399b78c-c32d-4d9b-b9d7-ea9b2333056c
  4. Keyboard remapping

Keyboard remapping: Hi, I'm new to computers in general and have recently bought a laptop with Windows10. I find the right hand shift key hard to reach and often press the PgUp key instead. Is there any way of swapping these keys around? TIA...
  5. Stubborn keyboard keys

Stubborn keyboard keys: All of a sudden about 2 weeks ago, certain keys on my keyboard have become extremely hard to activate. As far as I can tell so far, the problem is limited to the c, q, k, and period keys. That's it. All other keys behave normally I can get those problem keys to activate by...
  6. Keyboard key problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard key problem: My Keyboard key scrolled automatically. specially right key. Moreover most of the laptop keyboard are not working properly. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/keyboard-key-problem/e6f46a01-4a74-4f2b-9a3c-6bb4dd818357
  7. Remapping key FROM REGISTRY

Remapping key FROM REGISTRY: My 'delete' key doesn't work anymore. I'd like to remap it to the 'insert' key. I've tried EVERY. SINGLE. Third party program. I've tried Microsoft's program for remapping. None have worked. I want to go straight through the registry so I can do ctrl-alt-del. I haven't...
  8. disabling the keys on keyboard

disabling the keys on keyboard: can we disable the keys on he virtual keyboard if we don't want to use them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disabling-the-keys-on-keyboard/90b1cae3-3265-4630-85f3-0dddf0a41893
  9. Remapping "Windows Key + W" To "Alt + F4"?

Remapping "Windows Key + W" To "Alt + F4"?: I like using Alt + F4 to close windows, but it's hard to hit. Could I change it to something else? If so, could I use Windows Key + W? Is it used for anything else in windows? 12129
  10. Remapping & Disabling keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remapping & Disabling keys: Hi! I am new to Windows (been a Mac for ever). I am afraid of messing up my system. I really need to disable the Home button. It is next to my backspace button and I keep hitting it. needless to say, AARRGGHH.*Confused I see that there are apps that claim to remap the keys....