Windows 10: Remedy sought

Discus and support Remedy sought in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is there a double entry on file explorer for my attached passport disc partitions,, windows 10, ie Partiton G: is repeated in list of partitons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by blacksmith60, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Remedy sought

Why is there a double entry on file explorer for my attached passport disc partitions,, windows 10, ie Partiton G: is repeated in list of partitons

:)

blacksmith60, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Wile E Win User

Firefox 11 Goes Beta

That would be a valid point if the inflated version numbers didn't break some plug-ins.

Wile E, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    desktop files/folders don't automatically appear anymore

Nikilet,

The more common remedy is to right-click then select Refresh.

I also suffer from this from time to time and have never found a solution.
    • I did search for solutions at first and I wasted whole days of my life following through steps that sometimes had an effect for as long as half an hour.
    • There is no remedy because there is no diagnosis.
    • Other than rebooting & hoping, I do not bother doing anything about it any more.

Denis

4. Remedy sought

Firefox 11 Goes Beta

They did it for two reasons:
    1- because both IE and Chrome numbers were suggestive of more advanced software; and
    2- most importantly, Mozilla sought to reduce the deployment cycle of software updates.

Their next step is to blur the lines of version numbers with a mechanism of persistent updates.

Personally I couldn't care less. I suggest that if anyone gets too caught up with version numbers they need to re-evaluate their priorities.

MikeMurphy, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Remedy sought

1. Remedy sought - Similar Threads - Remedy sought

2. Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete - Status: Quarantine failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete - Status: Quarantine failed: Hello,Windows Defender found a virus on my computer, however, before I could deal with it on the Virus & Threat Protection tab the message regarding the virus disappeared. I've run both Quick Scan and Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan. Still, it shows "No current...
  3. Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete - Status: Quarantine failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete - Status: Quarantine failed: Hello,Windows Defender found a virus on my computer, however, before I could deal with it on the Virus & Threat Protection tab the message regarding the virus disappeared. I've run both Quick Scan and Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan. Still, it shows "No current...
  4. I have been trying for days to remedy the error message I get when attempting to install a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been trying for days to remedy the error message I get when attempting to install a...: I have been trying for days to remedy the error message I get when attempting to install a Windows 10 update. Error message 0x80070643. Please advise on a remedy....
  5. I have been trying for days to remedy the error message I get when attempting to install a...

I have been trying for days to remedy the error message I get when attempting to install a...: I have been trying for days to remedy the error message I get when attempting to install a Windows 10 update. Error message 0x80070643. Please advise on a remedy....
  6. I have been trying for days to remedy the error message I get when attempting to install a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Is there any remedy for DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE other than reinstalling Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any remedy for DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE other than reinstalling Windows?: Hello,This DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE failure has been with me for several months now.It occurs suddenly during normal operation. The signs that it occured are:WiFi turns off without any possibility to troubleshootUSB PnP service turns OFF but external HDDs that were...
  8. Is there any remedy for DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE other than reinstalling Windows?

Is there any remedy for DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE other than reinstalling Windows?: Hello,This DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE failure has been with me for several months now.It occurs suddenly during normal operation. The signs that it occured are:WiFi turns off without any possibility to troubleshootUSB PnP service turns OFF but external HDDs that were...
  9. Is there any remedy for DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE other than reinstalling Windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows Edge no longer plays audio despite trying every remedy offered by this site.

Windows Edge no longer plays audio despite trying every remedy offered by this site.: My desktop is used in a home business situation. It is an HP 8300 SFF, which runs Windows 10, the program necessary to run my business machine's software.I would like to try to return to an older version of Edge, but cannot find it on my machine. Is there a location to...