Windows 10: Remember DPI Scaling per Display Setup / resolution

Discus and support Remember DPI Scaling per Display Setup / resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Windows perfectly remembers each screen resolution based on the display setup used. When I use my Surface on the Dock, I use the Surfaces Screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RoterFruchtZwerg, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Remember DPI Scaling per Display Setup / resolution

Hi,

Windows perfectly remembers each screen resolution based on the display setup used. When I use my Surface on the Dock, I use the Surfaces Screen as 2nd Monitor.

My primary screen is 1920x1200 and I need to use it with 100% scaling.

The surface is 2736x1824 and I usually use it with 150% scaling.

However: while different scalings in a multi monitor setup actually seems to work, it has some minor issues, especially when you move one window from one screen to another.

This is why I would like to use the Surface screen with 1920x1200 (upscaled to 2736x1824 by GPU) and 100% scaling when it is docked.

Changing the resolution isn't a problem. Windows switches both screens to 1920x1200 when I use the Dock, and it switches back to 2736x1824 when I unplug the dock.

However, Windows does not change the scaling correctly! The scaling on the Surface screen is either always 150% or always 100% and it won't change automatically...

I guess the scaling is set per Screen only? Not per Screen+Resolution or Screen+Setup+Resolution?

Is there a way to set the scaling depending on the resolution and/or screen setup?

Thanks!

:)

RoterFruchtZwerg, Dec 14, 2019

2. Resolution & DPI scaling on 32inch monitor

Samsung LC32F397FWNXZA 32"
    resolution 1920 x 1080

graphics card:

GeForce GTX 1050 (2GB)

Maximum Digital Resolution 7680x4320@60Hz2

Would this suggest that it is the monitor that is the limiting factor?

I'd like to just make the apps smaller but unable to scale below 100% or adjust the DPI below the default.

JackieCharlesworth, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Broken DPI Scaling on Mixed Resolutions

I'm now on Windows 10 and this is still broken. Can anyone in Microsoft get this right?

I have a 1x4k and 2x1080p monitors and I've set my dpi scaling to 150% (4k) and 100% (1080p). No problems for apps that fall into #1 of this

but for apps that aren't dpi-aware, the text is very blurry either on the 4k or 1080p monitor depending on whether they fall into #2 or #3 listed on that

same post

This always happen (or will happen) to anyone who has (or who's planning to have) a similar setup to me. As more and more people jump into the hi-dpi display bandwagon, they should be able to keep using
    their old monitor without problems.

Some posts related to this but are for win 8/8.1:

Per-Display Scaling is Blurry

Multiple Display Scaling is Blurry

John Patch, Dec 14, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Remember DPI Scaling per Display Setup / resolution

DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered

Hi Yuan,

That may be because your screen resolution is not set correctly . . .

Your resolution should be set to the item in the list marked (recommended) if you set your resolution to that item, is DPI Scaling then enabled?

DaveM121, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Remember DPI Scaling per Display Setup / resolution

1. Remember DPI Scaling per Display Setup / resolution - Similar Threads - Remember DPI Scaling

2. Custom display scaling per monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom display scaling per monitor: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/caefzu/custom_scaling_per_monitor/ Is this possible by now? In windows10 you have to use custom scaling, because with the regular scaling option, basic stuff like properties of a file are blurry. The problem is that custom scaling,...
  3. Display scale, high dpi settings etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display scale, high dpi settings etc: Hi, i have a laptop with 3000x2000 screen resolution and a 1366x768 monitor, when i use the monitor some apps like Davinci resolve and inkscape show weird zoomed resolutions, does it have a way to plug and play my monitor withouth those resolution issues? using high dpi i...
  4. Resolution & DPI scaling on 32inch monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution & DPI scaling on 32inch monitor: I've got a 32inch monitor, using Windows10. I'm unable to reduce app size and content to less than 100% scaling. Apps are huge and take up lots of real estate on the screen but I am unable to make smaller. Windows 10 version does not let you adjust below 100% Unable to...
  5. unable to Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings: I am experiencing blurry text on a high DPI screen in apps such as MS Word 15. The previous solution was to Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings using the Compatibility Tab in the program's Properties dialogue. However, the Compatibility Tab no longer appears in my...
  6. unable to Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings: I am experiencing blurry text on a high DPI screen in apps such as MS Word 15. The previous solution was to Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings using the Compatibility Tab in the program's Properties dialogue. However, the Compatibility Tab no longer appears in my...
  7. Resolution & DPI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution & DPI: I still don't understand this dilemma. I'm working on a 22 inch monitor that has a native resolution of 1920*1080 but there are lots of elements in the Windows 7 x64 UI that is too small even for my vision which is 100% good. I also notice this tiny text phenomenon on...
  8. Windows 9: Resolution support up to 8k, better DPI scaling

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9: Resolution support up to 8k, better DPI scaling: Thanks to the copious amount of leaks we have seen over the past few days, we are learning all sorts of new details about the OS. And if you are willing to believe this leak, which you should, it looks like Windows 9 will support higher resolution displays better than Windows...
  9. Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10: How to: Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 How to Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 Dots per inch (DPI) is the physical measurement of number of pixels in a linear inch of a display. DPI is a function of display resolution and size; a...
  10. High DPI scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    High DPI scaling: Hey, I bought a 4k screen yesterday and I have this annoying issue with scaling. In 100% I can't see anything, so the solution is windows scaling. The issue is that a lot of programs doesn't work well with this method and makes the app almost unusable. Example:...