Windows 10: Remember folder's view settings - don't have that box to check

Discus and support Remember folder's view settings - don't have that box to check in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apologies if this has been covered (surely it must have been). I've searched but can't turn anything up. If I resize a folder's display size on one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FenceFurniture, May 6, 2016.

1. Remember folder's view settings - don't have that box to check

Apologies if this has been covered (surely it must have been). I've searched but can't turn anything up.

If I resize a folder's display size on one screen, then all subsequent folders that are opened take on that size, and are displayed on that monitor, rather than remembering what size they were previously, and what monitor they were viewed on.

I had a look at Microsoft's tips and it says check the box "Remember folder view settings" - 'cept I don't have that box to check.

:)

FenceFurniture, May 6, 2016

2. Where is Windows 10 "Remember each folder's view settings"?

Win 10:

I don't have any problems with the folder views being saved (icon sizes, list etc), but I don't have a "Remember Folder Views" box to check. This seems to mean that the folders always open up to display the same size on the screen as the last folder I resized.
    It also means that all folders open up on that monitor (I run two).

I'm also finding that my two Firefox windows keep jumping around at the whim of Win 10.

Is it true that Microsoft have deleted this particular function (the folder remembers what shape it was and where it was on the screen)? I can't believe that such a useful feature would be deleted in an advancing world.

3. Roland-H Win User
    Where is Windows 10 "Remember each folder's view settings"?

This is the issue which you don't seem to understand:

Once I've chosen "details" view and adjusted things like column width, I want File Explorer to remember my view settings for that ONE folder (and I don't want it to apply my changes to any other folders, just that one.) After I close File Explorer and reopen
    it, I want that folder to look the way I left it, with the same column widths, etc.

Will Windows 10 do that? In XP all you had to do was check "remember each folder's view settings" in folder options.

Roland-H, May 6, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Remember folder's view settings - don't have that box to check

davidhk, May 6, 2016
  5. Thanks for your reply David. I did look at that tute before, but I don't want to apply the same settings to all folders (some have list, large/medium icons etc.

It doesn't matter if I access folder options in the folder ribbon or through the Control Panel, I still don't have the Remember folder views box. The only thing under "R" is "Restore previous folder windows at logon".

6. davidhk Win User
    Sorry I can't help.

P.S. The link,Microsoft Tips, was written for Vista.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Remember folder's view settings - don't have that box to check

1. Remember folder's view settings - don't have that box to check - Similar Threads - Remember folder's view

2. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  3. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  4. Windows 11 "Remember each folder's view settings" missing in explorer options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "Remember each folder's view settings" missing in explorer options.: I have been extremely annoyed that Windows 11 won't remember my view settings for folders. I have tried all the options in the advance settings to have it be remembered but the option to Remember Settings is missing. Having to switch to detail view every time I view a folder...
  5. Windows 11 "Remember each folder's view settings" missing in explorer options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "Remember each folder's view settings" missing in explorer options.: I have been extremely annoyed that Windows 11 won't remember my view settings for folders. I have tried all the options in the advance settings to have it be remembered but the option to Remember Settings is missing. Having to switch to detail view every time I view a folder...
  6. Remembering File Explorer views in each folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remembering File Explorer views in each folder?: Is there a utility that can remember your customized views of various folders and keep them persistent across time? For example, I dislike being given the "Type" field in the detailed view of File Explorer, since I have Explorer set to show filename extensions, and I usually...
  7. Windows Won't Remember Folder Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Won't Remember Folder Settings: I'm running 1909 No matter what I do, it just won't work! I tried: View: List Sort By: Date Modified Properties -> Customize -> Optimize Folder for General, including subfolders. I also tried: View -> Options -> Change folder and search options -> View -> Reset...
  8. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  9. search view not remembered

in Windows 10 Support
    search view not remembered: Hi, I've read a lot on this, but I don't find the solution. All my folder are set to "List" view. But when I search, the view is not list. I change it to list each time, but it only applies to current folder. How can I set "List" view for every search in every...
  10. Option to View Item Check Boxes in Explorer is broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Option to View Item Check Boxes in Explorer is broken: In the Explorer, View Tab, you can select, Item Check Boxes. This should show boxes next to each file and folder that can be selected. This seems to be broken. On my desktop, the check boxes are not there, but there is space for the check box, and you can select it but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remember folder view