Windows 10: Reminders not working

Discus and support Reminders not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am on windows 10 Pro 10586.63 with all updates applied. Whether through Cortana or by keyboard, the data is accepted but when I hit the REMIND button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bpsanborn, Jan 14, 2016.

1. bpsanborn Win User

Reminders not working

I am on windows 10 Pro 10586.63 with all updates applied. Whether through Cortana or by keyboard, the data is accepted but when I hit the REMIND button it comes back with an error message saying the reminder can't be placed.

I did a lot searching here and on google and found nothing. I can't find a "reminder" app installed so it must be function of something else

Thanks
    Brian

:)

bpsanborn, Jan 14, 2016

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    Cortana Reminders Not working

Thanks for the update.

Since you've already tried running the System File Checker tool, we would like to verify, have you tried using the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool? If not yet, here are the steps on how to use it:

1. Right-click the Windows key, and then select Command Prompt (Admin). If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow or Yes.

2. Type the following command, and then press Enter.

Note: It might take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.

3. Close the command prompt.

If you are still having the issue after using the DISM tool, we suggest that you copy your files to the new user profile as this may be related with a corrupted user profile.

To copy files to the new user profile, you must have at least three user accounts on the computer, including the new account you just created. Here are the complete steps on how to transfer data from one user profile to another:

1. Log on as a user other than the new user you just created or the user that you want to copy files from. (Note: You need to sign in as an administrator to access other user accounts and copy files.)

2. Open the My Documents folder by clicking the Start button, and then click
    Computer. Double-click the hard disk drive where Windows is installed (it's usually your C: drive), then double-click
    Users.

3. Open the corrupted user account folder.

4. Click the View tab, and then click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

5. Copy your files to the new user profile that you just created. Select all the files and folders that you need, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat
      • Ntuser.dat.log
      • Ntuser.ini
    6. Once you have copied all the files, log off.

7. Log back in as the new user.

If you have email messages in an e mail program, you must import your email messages and addresses to the new user profile before you delete the old one. If everything is working properly, you can delete the old profile.

Regards.

Kris Ver, Jan 14, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Reminders not working

Hi, Reminders are a Cortana - related function.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...1-b33c4ae9d110
    - unreliable feature for now, apparently.
    Umm, should be simple, one might think..

Cortana will fill the data as far as it can from a sentence starting
    'Remind me to...' but it won't save the reminder on my PC.

(Guess what, I don't use Cortana...*Wink)

dalchina, Jan 14, 2016
Thema:

Reminders not working

1. Reminders not working - Similar Threads - Reminders working

2. cortona not working on reminders and other apps

in Cortana
    cortona not working on reminders and other apps: i have windows 10 on HP diamond cut laptop. cortana is not opening calender, reminders and other apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortona-not-working-on-reminders-and-other-apps/cc4835da-d25b-46b6-a96f-0a0ce78d8d15
  3. How reminder work for Recurring task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How reminder work for Recurring task: hi every body, i get so confused on how MS todo reminder work ? i have several task that repeating everyday , but after some day the reminder do not notify me and the reminder item change to grey color. for example a task that repeat every day at 3pm, the reminder get...
  4. Windows 10 update "Remind me tomorrow" button not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update "Remind me tomorrow" button not working: I have windows 10, currently in the middle of uploading and converting some data, which will take at least a few days for my course (already been going for about 5 days...its a lot of data, a massive project that cannot be transferred in bits) and I have windows 10 trying to...
  5. Harmon Kardon Invoke 4 units. Cortana reminders recently stopped working on all Invoke units.

in Cortana
    Harmon Kardon Invoke 4 units. Cortana reminders recently stopped working on all Invoke units.: I have 4 Harmon Kardon Invoke units which use MS Cortana as the digital assistant. I have had them for 2 1/2 years and they always worked fine for reminders. Lately past week or two, give or take, I am not getting my reminders on any of my Invoke speakers anymore. Cortana...
  6. Notification Popup snooze reminder Time - Intermittently the only option that works is 5...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Popup snooze reminder Time - Intermittently the only option that works is 5...: On at least 2 of my Windows 10-64 Home PCs when a Notification Popup appears and I attempt to snooze it the popup will default to the 5 minute option no matter what I try to select. If I move the the notification to the action center I can then select a different snooze time...
  7. Cortana voice/type reminder not working after update

in Cortana
    Cortana voice/type reminder not working after update: Now, if I want to set a reminder, I have to click it, and type in specifically what and type in specific time instead of just saying, "Hey, Cortana, remind me to blah, blah, blah in 15 minutes." When there's devices/apps/programs such as Siri, Alexa, Google all using voice...
  8. Typing "Remind me" no longer works

in Cortana
    Typing "Remind me" no longer works: When I click the cortana icon, and type "Remind me", or any phrase such as "remind me to do whatever at this time or when I get to place", no longer works. In fact, it's probably been a while since this has worked for me. Instead, the cortana icon is only working...
  9. cortana reminder not working

in Cortana
    cortana reminder not working: I am not a minor so why isn't the cortana reminders working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder-not-working/5cc96a20-c408-4490-8b8f-3600cba45bf9"
  10. Reminders not working

in Cortana
    Reminders not working: I have a Windows Lynx Vision tablet, since the Windows 10 update a have a few bugs, firstly my reminders are not working or alerting me, secondly Cortana is unable to hear me and says "it may be a mic problem." Fan somebody help me please :)...