Windows 10: Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY

Discus and support Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If you don't like Remix OS or/and have uninstalled this but still find remix os on dual boot DO THIS. I didn't like remix os so I uninstalled it but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarcF1_150, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY

If you don't like Remix OS or/and have uninstalled this but still find remix os on dual boot DO THIS.

I didn't like remix os so I uninstalled it but I still found it on my dual boot page when I turned on my computer.

Enough intro let's get started.

First If you didn't Uninstall remix os completely and delete everything that came with remix os.

Next press windows key, then again windows key+r and then it will show this: Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY a9657e70-e56a-49a0-bfc0-e6b113988804?upload=true.png Then type msconfig as shown in the picture.

And if you did it correctly it should show this:

Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY 8e024da3-9891-4e9c-a5e8-d872554a9deb?upload=true.png

First go to the "General" tab next to the "Boot" tab and then press normal startup. After this press apply on the bottom right. It will ask you to go to restart for your changes to be made. Press Restart.

Now after the restart your computer will load with the dots in a circle, For me it did it may be different for you but if you did this correctly you shouldn't see the Remix OS and Remix OS Advanced options thing.

Hoped this answered anybody with this question.

:)

MarcF1_150, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Hillbilly Win User

Remix OS

I tried to install to a blank hard drive, but it modified my Windows boot loader and there are no options to specify where to install a boot loader. I appears as of yet there is no way to do a fresh install of Remix OS for PC. I'm gonna do more digging around on this.

Hillbilly, Mar 16, 2021
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Remix OS

I know, that's why I'd take out laptop drive, add it to PC, install it and voila. I just worry it'll install bootloader to PC's drive and not laptop's drive... I could install it to laptop drive as USB device, but I don't want to be asked on every boot if I want to work as guest or as resident, I'd want to run it as resident by default.

Also the damn installer crashes when I want to uninstall Remix OS that I've installed on local disk. Now I can't remove it, though dual boot entries don't seem to exist in msconfig boot.ini hm...

RejZoR, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY

Remove RemixOS from dual boot

I installed RemixOS on my Windows10 (64bit) pc. After using few days I uninstalled Remix OS. To remove that I did following things-

1. I ran MSCONFIG and remove remix os from boot menu.

2. I formatted the drive partition where remix os was installed.

But it is still showing in dual boot. When I select Remix OS to boot it shows error(included in image)-

Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY 48bd8b93-ed51-443e-8ca2-16555d1c8fa7?upload=true.jpg

I ran MSCONFIG again but it is listing only one OS (following image)-

Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY 35950e8f-5e66-4eb0-879f-9afe05472c98?upload=true.png

Then I tried EasyBCD tool, but it is also listing only one entry i.e. Windows.

When I tried Command Prompt with 'BCDEDIT' command, it shows two boot manager, one is 'windows boot manager' where identifier is {bootmgr}, device is 'partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume2' and path is '\EFI\RemixOS\bootx64.efi'.

The second boot manager is 'Windows Boot Loader' where identifier is {current}, device is 'partition=c:' and path is \Windows\system32\winload.efi'. (following image)-

Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY 54e1b3df-c2a5-468f-ac59-a9e8a827ee28?upload=true.png

I tried command 'BCDEDIT /DELETE {bootmgr}' but it says "This entry cannot be deleted unless the /f switch is specified on the command line. Run bcdedit /? for more information.

Access is denied."

Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY 46dcbf62-8773-402c-ad77-50c6fd08a8a5?upload=true.png

I am totally confused right now.

Please tell me what to do now?

ASHEESH KUMAR N, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY

1. Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY - Similar Threads - Remix Remove dual

2. Dual-Boots OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Boots OS: Hello, I am a Gamer Who is Having a Very Old PC bought at 2012 I am Using Windows 10, My PC Has 2GB RAM, and 2.8GHz Intel Pentium Processor. Windows 10 uses huge amount of ram, especially Windows Security Uses it. Normally, The Windows 10 Uses Half Of My RAM 47~60%...
  3. Dual boot Phoenix OS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot Phoenix OS: Hi ! I have a HP 15 da0002tu notebook preinstalled Windows 10 . I need to dual boot windows and phoenix os. So I installed phoenix os to my harddrive from the exe installer. It installed successfully but when I turn on my laptop it keeps boot directly to windows 10 without...
  4. Dual booting OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual booting OS: Hi, I would like to install dual booting windows 10, both OS in same hard disc. I would like to confirm that no issue to have partition C and D in both OS and no access from each other? Thanks, Ratna...
  5. To start remix OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To start remix OS: After downloading the latest version of windows 10 I am not able to start REMIX OS on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-start-remix-os/0da641f6-0ec2-4928-865d-61f3ad96071e
  6. Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved

in Windows 10 Support
    Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved: Hi folks If you want the easy way to remove any extra entries you have in your windows boot menu at startup the easy way is simply from start menu -->run-->msconfig then from the popup choose the boot tab change default or delete etc. Much easier than mucking around...
  7. "Remix OS" for PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Remix OS" for PC: "Remix OS" Portable Android OS Evaluation available for download: Remix OS for PC - The Future of Android PC is yours. For Free. Forever. 37151
  8. HELP! Cannot boot Remix OS.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP! Cannot boot Remix OS.: Let me start the story. I have 2 harddisks. One is 1TB and other is 80GB. 1 TB has 2 partitions, C 465GB, E 465GB. 80 GB is D Drive. I was hoping to install remix os. I could easily install it in C Drive along with Windows 7. But, to make it more manageable I thought I...
  9. Removing a OS from boot menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing a OS from boot menu?: So i got a new hard drive and installed it few days ago and when i boot up, it asks me every time, which OS i want to boot up. This gets annoying since I only have 1 and I can't find the boot.ini anywhere and websites don't specify how to remove an OS from the boot up screen....
  10. Eliminating second OS from dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Eliminating second OS from dual boot: I have Win 10 as the second of a dual boot with Vista. Each is on it's own hard drive. If I remove the Vista drive then win 10 won't boot as it is looking for winload.exe. Is there a way I can give it access to the winload.exe it is looking forand then uninstall Vista? If...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to remove remix os boot manager on windows 10

2. how to delete remix os

3. uninstall remixos from dual boot windows 10

4. uninstall remixos from windows