Windows 10: 'Remnants' Of WinZip From Old Win 7 User Account -Command Line Task?

Discus and support 'Remnants' Of WinZip From Old Win 7 User Account -Command Line Task? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all. Just upgraded (about 10 days ago) to Win 10 Pro Ver 1903 - OS Build 18362.628 My updates are current. Far as I know. About a year ago I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by T R Finlay, Feb 5, 2020.

1. 'Remnants' Of WinZip From Old Win 7 User Account -Command Line Task?

Hello all. Just upgraded (about 10 days ago) to Win 10 Pro Ver 1903 - OS Build 18362.628

My updates are current. Far as I know.

About a year ago I had to reinstall Win 7 due to a virus of some sort, and at the time I entered two new user accounts. After the reinstall , I had some difficulty deleting a previous user account but finally figured out how to delete it. had to do with certain permissions.

I do have a couple of programs (two previous versions of WinZip) that were installed using this now removed user account that still show up in the Control Panel> Uninstall view. When I attempt to 'uninstall' them (there is nothing there, program-wise) I get these messages from Windows Installer:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
    Use source:
    C:\Users\TomF\AppData\Local\Temp\in0F61D0A5\

Windows appears to be looking for an install package ' 332E6E26_stp.MSI ' which, of course, is no longer on the hard drive.

The path shown no longer exists, and that 'TomF' account no longer exists in the file tree. I removed them (I thought) prior to installing Win 10. Somehow some 'trace' of these two programs still shows in 'Control Panel> Uninstall '

Does anyone know the method for finding these 'remnants' in the registry, and the proper command prompt syntax for removing them (from the registry?) so that they no longer show in the 'Uninstall' view?

Many thanks!

:)

T R Finlay, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Dark Ride Win User

WinZip 10.0 Final

The ever popular archiving tool WinZip has reached version 10.

About WinZip:
    • The most popular compression utility for Windows, with more than 150 million downloads
    • Save storage space, dramatically reduce e-mail transmission time, and efficiently archive documents
    • Protect your sensitive data with AES encryption
    • Easy-to-use and powerful user interface: the intuitive WinZip Wizard for first-time users and the award-winning WinZip Classic interface for power users
    Download (5.6 MB)

Dark Ride, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

'Remnants' Of WinZip From Old Win 7 User Account -Command Line Task?

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile 'Remnants' Of WinZip From Old Win 7 User Account -Command Line Task? :)

Naki, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

'Remnants' Of WinZip From Old Win 7 User Account -Command Line Task?

1. 'Remnants' Of WinZip From Old Win 7 User Account -Command Line Task? - Similar Threads - 'Remnants' WinZip Old

2. User permission for using command line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User permission for using command line: I am trying to automate a process at work using an AutoHotkey-script. I need to use command line when running a given program for adding -FO and -V. What kind of permission is needed for this? Right now I only have reading permission for both the folder and the exe-file for...
  3. User permission for using command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User permission for using command line: I am trying to automate a process at work using an AutoHotkey-script. I need to use command line when running a given program for adding -FO and -V. What kind of permission is needed for this? Right now I only have reading permission for both the folder and the exe-file for...
  4. Add account picture from command line 1809

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add account picture from command line 1809: I want to have my script automatically set up an account picture for a user. In Windows 10 1809 17763 the account pictures are located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures. Images are stored with a string name such as '81b56e057727e2f4', not an actual file name....
  5. Can't delete Windows Scheduled Task from command line

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't delete Windows Scheduled Task from command line: I have a PC with two accounts, one with admin privileges and one without. When in the non-admin account, I create a scheduled task with the following command: schtasks /Create /SC DAILY /ST 07:00 /TN "MyTask" /TR "MyCommand" /F This works as expected and creates the...
  6. Create an advanced Scheduled Task from the Command Line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Create an advanced Scheduled Task from the Command Line: Hello. I'm trying to create a scheduled task to run a batch file on Windows 10 using either the command prompt or Powershell. When I create the task with the Task Scheduler GUI, it works perfectly. However, when I try to re-create that same task with the command line, there...
  7. Task Manager Command Line Arguments?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Command Line Arguments?: Rather low priority and eccentric inquiry. I'm looking to see if anyone knows of ways to control the launch of Task Manager (taskmgr.exe) with various visual options. In my case *every time* I run TaskMgr I do the following manually, and would love to have it automated...
  8. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...
  9. Can restore of Win 7 be started from command line ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can restore of Win 7 be started from command line ?: For some unknown reason I cannot any more navigate to Update panel from "Einstellungen" - it is blocked. I have to cancel the "Einstellungen" window by the task manager ! So in this moment I cant go forward nor backward any more: cant activate Win 10 neither start the...
  10. Change User Language by command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Change User Language by command line: Hi, I have a Win10 Enterprise version. I have set 3 Languages under the Setting -> Language. I can manually switch between the 3 languages under the Language setting page (by the set as primary language, then perform a sign out and sign in with the same user againg)....