Windows 10: Remote Access Connection Manager Fails To Start

Discus and support Remote Access Connection Manager Fails To Start in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, with latest updates, on a corporate domain. I am unable to use my VPN as the Remote Access Connection Manager service is not running,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by herecomesbrod, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Remote Access Connection Manager Fails To Start

Windows 10 Pro, with latest updates, on a corporate domain.

I am unable to use my VPN as the Remote Access Connection Manager service is not running, despite being set to start automatically.

If I try to start it manually I get an error saying that it could not be started and I should check the event logs. The error in the event logs is:

Log Name: System

Source: RasMan

Event ID: 20030

"Remote Access Connection Manager failed to start because it could not load one or more communication DLLs. Ensure that your communication hardware is installed and then restart the Remote Access Connection Manager service. If the problem persists, contact the system administrator. There was an unknown error."

Other people in my company are experiencing the same issue. We use HP laptops and those with Realtek NICs have this problem, but those with Intel NICs do not.

I have tried removing and reinstalling all networking devices in Windows. I have also tried installing the latest driver for the Realtek NIC.

I have checked that the following registry keys exist and are configured correctly:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Parameters\AllowL2TPWeakCrypto = 0

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Parameters\AllowPPTPWeakCrypto = 0

I have checked that the services on which RasMan is dependent are running.

I have checked that the SYSTEM account has read and execute permissions on ..\System32\rasman.dll + rasmans.dll + rasppp.dll + rastapi.dll

You can tell I've been at this for a while.

I really don't want to have to resort to a system reset as this is also affecting remote users.

Here's hoping...

:)

herecomesbrod, Sep 6, 2018
  2. mlee49 Win User

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Remote Access Connection Manager

Hi Robin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Try to follow these methods, mentioned below to fix your issue.

Method 1:

Enable the disabled services and start the services.

To enable the disabled services and start the services:

a. Click on Windows key + R, then type services.msc in the Run command Window.

b. Select Services in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue

c. Right-click Remote Access Connection Manager service and then click Properties.

d. On the General tab, click Manual next to Startup type.

e. On the General tab, click Start under Service status, and then click OK.

f. Also check for the Dependency services.

The following are the dependency services of "Remote Access Connection Manager":

i. Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service

ii. Telephony

iii. Plug and Play

iv. Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

v. DCOM Server Process Launcher

vi. RPC Endpoint Mapper

Make sure the above services are started in the services list. If not, start all of the above services and check, if it helps you.

If the issue persists, follow the method 2.

Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the Network adapter’s drivers.

Step 1:

Try to update the Network adapter drivers for the device.

To do this, follow these steps, mentioned below:

1. In Device Manager, click the Network adapter drivers tab in the device's Properties dialog box.

2. Click Update Driver of Network adapter to start the Hardware Update Wizard.

3. Follow the instructions to update the Network adapter drivers.

Step 2:

If the issue persists, this issue occur due to the Network adapter driver may not be compatible.

I suggest you download the latest Network adapter driver from the manufacturer’s website and check, if it works.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the Network driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest Network adapter driver from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

I would like you to post your query with TechNet for the issue regarding "Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service" for better resolution

Technet forums

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Remote Access Connection Manager Fails To Start

Remote Access Connection Manager

Hi

My "Remote Access Connection Manager" service wont start on my PC due to "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

I am not able to start the service due to the "Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service" not running. But this service decides to start and stop for some obscure (but I am sure valid) reason. I need to setup a VPN to be able to connect to a remote computer
    and I am not having much luck with the Windows 10 offering. All existing posts refer to versions like Vista and Windows 8 etc, thus the re-post. I have Cisco VPN software installed, Shrewsoft VPN software installed, these are working.

This networking stuff is the dark arts!

RobinPooley, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Remote Access Connection Manager Fails To Start

1. Remote Access Connection Manager Fails To Start - Similar Threads - Remote Access Connection

2. windows could not start the remote access connection manager serivce on local computer....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows could not start the remote access connection manager serivce on local computer....: I have been dealing with above erorr in my windows 10 laptop.It refused to connect dial up connections can you help:windows could not start the remote access connection manager serivce on local computer. error20: windows could not find the device specified...
  3. windows could not start the remote access connection manager serivce on local computer....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows could not start the remote access connection manager serivce on local computer....: I have been dealing with above erorr in my windows 10 laptop.It refused to connect dial up connections can you help:windows could not start the remote access connection manager serivce on local computer. error20: windows could not find the device specified...
  4. windows could not start the remote access connection manager serivce on local computer....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How Do I Completely Disable Remote Access Connection Manager?

How Do I Completely Disable Remote Access Connection Manager?: How do I completely disable Remote Access Connection Manager as well as disabling Remote Desktop Configuration and Remote Desktop Services? I do not use Virtual Private Network VPN or Dial-Up....
  6. Cannot get Remote Access Connection Manager to start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get Remote Access Connection Manager to start.: Throws the following error when I try to start the service.When I go to Event Viewer, I see the following:"The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service service which failed to start because of the following error: The...
  7. Cannot get Remote Access Connection Manager to start.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get Remote Access Connection Manager to start.: Throws the following error when I try to start the service.When I go to Event Viewer, I see the following:"The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service service which failed to start because of the following error: The...
  8. Cannot get Remote Access Connection Manager to start.

9. Help starting Remote access connection manager for uni VPN.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help starting Remote access connection manager for uni VPN.: Following scenario: I would like to use my unis VPN to access the online library etc. They give a guide on how to do so. (I would link the original, but it’s German.) Internet options -> Connections-> add VPN. So far everything works. Add in sever name, then go to settings ->...
  10. Remote access connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote access connection: I am trying to connect remotely to my Windows 10 Pro desktop from my android phone. I downloaded the app from the google play store and followed the directions to allow access. However whatever I put into the app on my phone for Host name or IP address and user name doesn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rasman 20030