Windows 10: Remote access connection

Discus and support Remote access connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to connect remotely to my Windows 10 Pro desktop from my android phone. I downloaded the app from the google play store and followed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesFerguson1951129, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Remote access connection

I am trying to connect remotely to my Windows 10 Pro desktop from my android phone. I downloaded the app from the google play store and followed the directions to allow access. However whatever I put into the app on my phone for Host name or IP address and user name doesn't work. Every help file I have found talks in geek speak and although I am not a novice, I evidently don't know what information I need. It keeps saying it can't find the computer. I use a modem from AT&T on a DSL connection. Can anyone help me set this up.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

JamesFerguson1951129, Jul 12, 2019
  2. mlee49 Win User

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Remote access connection

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Thema:

Remote access connection

1. Remote access connection - Similar Threads - Remote access connection

2. Remote Access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote Access: How do I access my desktop remotely from my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/146ff10b-0831-4716-b03d-1c5cb16c2d0b
  3. VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.: I am connecting to a remote network via VPN. I can make the connection but cannot access the remote's local network even though I have allowed access on the Server's Incoming setting. The login account has read/write permissions to the local shares. Both Remote and Client...
  4. Remote Access

Remote Access: I have followed the instructions to Enable access on my desktop I have downloaded the client to my laptop. I have keyed in the computer name I want to connect to When I execute Remote Access on the laptop I am asked to key in the user id and password I specified when I...
  5. Remote Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Access: I have two PCs, one is a Laptop with Windows 10 Pro and a Desktop with Windows 10 Home. My network identifies both, one as "WIN10-PRO" and the other as "WIN10-HOME". I have no problem remotely accessing "WIN10-PRO" files from "WIN10-HOME"; however, I cannot remotely access...
  6. remote access

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote access: Hi, I been using the remote access all of last week and this Monday . Now I can n o longer log in to my remote access computer. Can anyone help me. I have Windows 10. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/c2a8b633-bf64-4620-ad43-222d3eb63473
  7. remote access

remote access: can i use the windows 10 remote workstation software download on my windows 10 home computer to remote into my office 7 windows at work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/eead4cae-a3f1-4ec7-9587-21304e9ae60a
  8. Remote access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote access: I unfortunately allowed someone maintaining they were from BT Openreach and they were trying to get me to make a payment through my bank. Very fortunately this was not successful and no damage appears to have been done I am now concerned that they may be able to still...
  9. Remote Access Connection Manager Fails To Start

Remote Access Connection Manager Fails To Start: Windows 10 Pro, with latest updates, on a corporate domain. I am unable to use my VPN as the Remote Access Connection Manager service is not running, despite being set to start automatically. If I try to start it manually I get an error saying that it could not be started...
  10. Problem connecting - Remote Access Host and WebDrive

Problem connecting - Remote Access Host and WebDrive: I recently did a new clean install of Windows 10 and two applications seem to have some problems connecting. WebDrive should allow me to connect with a remote server where I edit a couple of websites. It won't connect. Remote Access Host should run on my Windows 10 PC and...