Windows 10: Remote access from Android / Chrome OS

Discus and support Remote access from Android / Chrome OS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did search (both here and more widely) and couldn't find a precise answer. I'm running Windows 10 Home on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Diem-Perdidi, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Remote access from Android / Chrome OS

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did search (both here and more widely) and couldn't find a precise answer.

I'm running Windows 10 Home on my desktop at home, and while out and about I have a Chromebook and Android phone (Pixel 2 XL). I'm using the Steam Link Android app to entertain myself on my commute, which is fine if I just prevent the desktop from sleeping and leave it running all day.

However, that's pretty wasteful, so I'd like to shut it down or at least put it to sleep while I'm actually at work, then be able to wake it up/turn it on, log in and fire my game back up when I'm on my way home in the evening. Problem is, since I'm not on the same LAN, Steam Link won't wake it up, Chrome Remote Desktop considers it offline and Windows Remote Desktop doesn't work with the Home edition (at least not without intermittently functional EULA-breaching workarounds that seem to receive short shrift round these parts).

So: how do you recommend I go about doing this? From what I've read, it seems to be possible, and I'm both reasonably tech-savvy and not averse to a bit of tinkering. However, I don't want to go off half-cocked and open up a massive security hole or break stuff just to feed my Civ addiction!

Thanks for your time.

submitted by /u/Diem-Perdidi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Diem-Perdidi, Nov 6, 2019
  2. farlex85 Win User

Remote app for android

I recently traded in my iphone for an android, and just realized that hippo remote is iphone only. I'm looking for a similar app for android so I can use it as a remote for my htpc. Any suggestions?

farlex85, Nov 6, 2019
  3. MPSAN Win User
    Is Chrome Remote Desktop Safe?

It had been suggested to me that I install Chrome Remote Desktop on my Win 10 pro so I could control it from my Android Tablet. However, I was wondering how secure this would be since the Android is on WiFi? We were going to use this with our Chromecast Ultra and have the Win 10 system get the shows....which it does via Ethernet, but use the Android to control it. Also, could this connection also be safe for using the Android Tablet to access our Quicken? I worry about using our home WiFi which is secure vs. using it on a public WiFi. Chrome/Google claim it is safe but I just wonder if this, or any other Remote Desktop would be OK?

MPSAN, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Loyd_G Win User

Remote access from Android / Chrome OS

Microsoft Remote on Android

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting us here in Microsoft Community! We will need the following information for us to isolate your concern.

• May we know if you are trying to remotely access the Surface device from your Android phone?
    • What is the make and model of your Android phone?
    • What browser are you having an error?

Keep us posted so we can assist you further.

Loyd_G, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Remote access from Android / Chrome OS

1. Remote access from Android / Chrome OS - Similar Threads - Remote access Android

2. Desktop remote on android, impossible to access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop remote on android, impossible to access: so this question has already been asked numerous times but none of the solutions I found work. To date, my Microsoft account that I use on the PC, which I want to use remotely, does not have a password because I only log in with the PIN and I have no way to log in using the...
  3. Desktop remote on android, impossible to access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop remote on android, impossible to access: so this question has already been asked numerous times but none of the solutions I found work. To date, my Microsoft account that I use on the PC, which I want to use remotely, does not have a password because I only log in with the PIN and I have no way to log in using the...
  4. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  5. Remote Accessing Win11 pro 2h22 on my Android Device

Remote Accessing Win11 pro 2h22 on my Android Device: I have been trying this for a few weeks now but I always get into new issues after I fixed smth, I already watched plently youtube tutorials but none of them worked for me. These are the things that I did:Enabling remote access through the settingsOpening Windows...
  6. Remote Access from Hackers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Access from Hackers: Hello Tech Savvys,Remote Access to one's system is a potential threat, so I thought of restricting all sorts of remote access to my system via unchecking " Allow Remote Access Connections " under control panel >remote access settings. However to ensure whether disabling the...
  7. Remote access to Desktop from Samsung QLED TV with Remote Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote access to Desktop from Samsung QLED TV with Remote Access: PC running Windows 10 Pro with Remote Desktop enabled. User profile created on TV using Remote PC name Remote PC IP address First the TV says “the identity of the remote pc cannot be verified. This certificate is not trusted” If i go past that, it then says “remote...
  8. Chrome OS and Fyde OS

Chrome OS and Fyde OS: I was installing CloudReady from NeverWare, but I learnt that CloudReady doesn't support Play Store. But I found this from Google. Will this coding enable me to use play store in cloudready ? It is attached below. [ATTACH] Or should I install Fyde OS ? Please help ! And...
  9. Android OS on PC

Android OS on PC: Need to run PC on Android OS within Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-os-on-pc/52cb574e-bbee-4aaf-9663-f96002cb6bb7
  10. REMOTE CONTROL ACCESS USING CHROME WEB BROWSER.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REMOTE CONTROL ACCESS USING CHROME WEB BROWSER.: Hello, Let's say that someone creates a web site. They create and upload an app to that web site. That app can instruct a computer to turn on remote control. You visit their web site and upon your arrival there, that app's self executable file opens and acts as an add...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to access chrome os remotely with android