Windows 10: Remote access from home desktop to work computer

Discus and support Remote access from home desktop to work computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to use my surface laptop from home to access my work computer. Very occasionally this works properly but, 99% of the time I just get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by C.Dye, Sep 17, 2018.

1. C.Dye Win User

Remote access from home desktop to work computer

I am trying to use my surface laptop from home to access my work computer. Very occasionally this works properly but, 99% of the time I just get connected to a blank black screen (I can move my mouse cursor around but nothing else). Any ideas how to solve this?

:)

C.Dye, Sep 17, 2018

2. Remote access

In this case, we suggest checking this
    link
    to learn more about using the Remote Desktop app. This article will guide you on how to remotely access a desktop PC or a mobile device. For additional troubleshooting can you also answer the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you receiving error messages when using
      the Remote Desktop app?

We will wait for your reply.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 17, 2018
  3. ShiBDiB Win User
    Remote Desktop not working

First off, im unbanned wooo

I'm trying to use logmein pro to get windows remote desktop setup for my main computer back home, its 8.1 pro and the remote desktop option in the computer properties is activated. (Also the remote port has been changed in the reg as I have a home server that I remote to as well which works fine). All ports have been forwarded and there's no firewall issues.

The issue is I just completely cannot connect to it using remote desktop. Is this due to logmein being installed? I don't want to uninstall it to test my theory and then be completely cutoff from the pc for 2 months if I'm wrong.

ShiBDiB, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Remote access from home desktop to work computer

Remote Desktop not working for my Windows/10 machine

I restored a computer to original Windows/10, set it to allow remote access, and still can't access it using Remote Desktop from another machine.

They are both network connected to the same wireless router.

I'm logged into the same Microsoft account on both.

I'm trying to access it using either computername or IP address - neither works.

I CAN successfully run TRACERT using either computername or IP address and both work.

Windows Firewall does not list an application named "Remote Desktop" (still doesn't connect even if I turn the firewall off).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

DaveFromNH, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Remote access from home desktop to work computer

1. Remote access from home desktop to work computer - Similar Threads - Remote access home

2. Remote Desktop only working from home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop only working from home: I’ve set up my Remote Desktop connection and did the port forwarding in my router. The computer is connected to internet. If I’m at home connected to my iPhone 5G instead of the same wifi, the remote connection works perfectly. But, when i try to connect it from outside of my...
  3. Remote Desktop only working from home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop only working from home: I’ve set up my Remote Desktop connection and did the port forwarding in my router. The computer is connected to internet. If I’m at home connected to my iPhone 5G instead of the same wifi, the remote connection works perfectly. But, when i try to connect it from outside of my...
  4. Remote Desktop only working from home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?: I am trying to remote in to my home desktop pc from a new laptop. For some reason I can remote from pc to laptop with microsoft account login info with no issue. When I try to do the reverse -- access my desktop from laptop, I get an error message that says 'your credentials...
  6. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?: I am trying to remote in to my home desktop pc from a new laptop. For some reason I can remote from pc to laptop with microsoft account login info with no issue. When I try to do the reverse -- access my desktop from laptop, I get an error message that says 'your credentials...
  7. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Remote access to Desktop from Samsung QLED TV with Remote Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote access to Desktop from Samsung QLED TV with Remote Access: PC running Windows 10 Pro with Remote Desktop enabled. User profile created on TV using Remote PC name Remote PC IP address First the TV says “the identity of the remote pc cannot be verified. This certificate is not trusted” If i go past that, it then says “remote...
  9. Remote access of home computers or cameras

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote access of home computers or cameras: For the last 15 years I have spent about half the time each year in another state but able to monitor my home situation via the internet and accessing my “unattended” home cameras and computer by simply using my 12 digit WAN address and with an unique 4 digit appended port...
  10. Remote desktop to dial into work computer from home stopped working suddenly - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop to dial into work computer from home stopped working suddenly - Windows 10: I have dialed into my work computer for years through Remote Desktop Connection. All of a sudden last week it stopped working. I tried some "stuff" I leaned on YouTube, but I am at a loss. Can anyone provide guidance?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access work desktop from home