Windows 10: remote access in windows 10 pro

Discus and support remote access in windows 10 pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; cannot connect using remote access because credentials will not verify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fairmont PlaceHOA, Mar 16, 2020.

1. remote access in windows 10 pro

cannot connect using remote access because credentials will not verify

:)

Fairmont PlaceHOA, Mar 16, 2020

2. Remote Access

I've tried TeamViewer but because I'm on a network they see this as being a business and their program cost around $700. I am really upset and will be contacting Windows Support again....as they are the ones that told me I needed PRO in order to gain
    remote access to my other computer. What I really need is just some steps on how to use PRO and the step-by-step actions required for me to gain remote access.

RochelleParr, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

remote access in windows 10 pro

Remote desktop in window 10 cannot access computer having windows 8

No, it's the other way round all editions include the Remote Desktop Client and can connect to any PC with the Remote Desktop Server enabled. Only Pro and above allow you to connect to them.

Enable or Disable Remote Desktop Connections to Windows 10 PC

https://docs.microsoft.com/windows-s...#supported-pcs

maideen5's region is Malaysia, English may not be their first language. As I understand it the OP's problem can be stated as:

• The Windows 10 PC can connect to the remote desktop of a PC running Windows Server 2012, but cannot connect to a Windows 8.1 PC.
    • A Windows 7 PC can connect to both, so the Windows 8.1 PC is known to allow incoming connections.

I don't have an 8.1 Pro machine, so I can't test this for myself. @Kari wrote the tutorial on this, perhaps he has a suggestion.

Edit: see post #10

Thema:

remote access in windows 10 pro

1. remote access in windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - remote access pro

2. Windows 10 remote access question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 remote access question: Hey folks. Some questions... I understand that I need Windows 10 Pro edition on the computer I will be accessing remotely. Does the laptop I will be using remotely need to have Windows 10 Pro as well in order to access the desktop at home? Or can it be Home edition? I can't...
  3. Remote Access to PostgreSQL on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Access to PostgreSQL on Windows 10: I have PostgreSQL 12 load on my Windows 10 workstation, however, I'm unable to access the service remotely from another machine/workstation. I've create both inbound and outbound rules specifying port 5432 and postgres as the service to interact with. If I drop the...
  4. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro: Up on entering password to access my office PC with Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro , my laptop screen goes black with a message " An error occurred while the connection was being stablished"...
  5. Remote access not allowing access on Surface Pro & Surface Studio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote access not allowing access on Surface Pro & Surface Studio: Hi. I have a Surface Studio 2 and Surface Pro latest. Both W10 fully updated. I clearly have a Microsoft Account in order to have joined this community, yet remote access will not accept my password for that account, thus not allowing me remote access to my computers. Same...
  6. windows 10 home vs windows 10 pro regarding remote access feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 home vs windows 10 pro regarding remote access feature: Recently purchased a Dell desktop and a Dell laptop - both came with windows 10 home installed. Dell representative led us to believe that we could use the remote access feature with the just purchased computers. We can't. That is my first question - what is the REAL...
  7. Remote Access Issue in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remote Access Issue in Windows 10 Pro: Two computers running Windows 10 Pro: A Dell desktop and a Dell netbook. Dell netbook. Both on same local WiFi network. Netbook can access desktop. But desktop cannot connect to netbook because password is not recognized. Desktop has traditional character type password....
  8. Remote desktop - Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop - Windows 10 Pro?: To remotely control a Windows 10 PC from another Windows 10 PC using Remote Desktop, do BOTH PCs need to have Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-windows-10-pro/a256a1ef-e79e-44cc-a378-d3594239d745
  9. Remote desktop access windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop access windows 10: Hi, How can i unenable the remote desktop acess windows 10? And does it work without wifi? What happened is as i browse something on google for youtube to mp3 converter sudd3nly theres a pop up error message that states i have to call microsoft. And they gave a number...
  10. windows 10 remote access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 remote access: I regularly access two separate computers, both running Windows 7 Professional, using remote desktop. I am set to purchase a Windows 10 laptop and have gotten much conflicting advice as to whether I can successfully continue to access these computers from Windows 10. 57861