Windows 10: Remote access phishing on Mac

Discus and support Remote access phishing on Mac in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I fell for a phishing attack today, where I was tricked into accessing a remote pc server via the Microsoft rpc 10 Apple app on a Macbook. It was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Carl Johnson_541, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Remote access phishing on Mac

Hi,

I fell for a phishing attack today, where I was tricked into accessing a remote pc server via the Microsoft rpc 10 Apple app on a Macbook. It was an AWS server. The attacker got access to a crypto wallet with a little money in it. I know, I am dumb and yes, I am embarrassed.

I am not worried about the money, but rather by me accessing their server, did I then give them access into my Mac? I am worried they might have gotten access to files etc.

I run a vpn, firewall and malwarebytes. I shut down the computer a little bit after. Not opened since.

Any advice is very welcome, thank you.

:)

Carl Johnson_541, Sep 30, 2019

2. remote access to mac computer?

You can use SSH to access the shell on your mac.. and you can use the VNC viewer to "remote desktop" onto your mac..

I use both, particularly ssh, frequently!

cpitchford, Sep 30, 2019
  3. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Steevo Win User

Remote access phishing on Mac

hijacked via remote network access

Sounds like you are the recipient of stolen goods. All of our work laptops have this feature where it locks the BIOS and hard disk remotely if stolen, misplaced, or after a certain number of failed access attempts to the data on the disk without the TPM key.

I would suggest returning it to wherever you bought or got it.

Steevo, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Remote access phishing on Mac

1. Remote access phishing on Mac - Similar Threads - Remote access phishing

2. remote access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remote access: how to stop remote access or make a change so others can not use it. I have a company that I thought was reputable. WHAT A MISTAKE. That is why I need to permanently stop remote access. PLEASE HELP. Thank you....
  3. 'remote Access'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'remote Access': What happens when I allow remote Access? How to tell who can access this computer now, and, by what route, or means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/2ace370c-0a9b-4a3e-9015-14f05728ce0b
  4. Remote access

Remote access: I unfortunately allowed someone maintaining they were from BT Openreach and they were trying to get me to make a payment through my bank. Very fortunately this was not successful and no damage appears to have been done I am now concerned that they may be able to still...
  5. remote access

remote access: Does remote access on Windows 10 give full permissions to the remote user? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/7663c4b3-6907-43f5-97af-c39c5a105630"
  6. Mac external harddrives access.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mac external harddrives access.: I am moving my video editing work from mac to windows. I have multiple external hard drives where all projects are stored and would like to be able to access them through my new window set up without having to reformat. is there away to do this. I am running window 10 pro....
  7. remote access

remote access: How can I make sure an IT guy doesn't have remote access to my old Lenovo laptop? My computer wouldn't shut down because "someone else is still using your computer". I checked and made sure that I was the administrator, but what else can I do? I haven't seen that msg...
  8. Remote Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Access: How can I access my work computer (Windows 7) with my Dell Laptop that has Windows 10 home edition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/938eeb9d-70ff-46c4-a523-ec3837c6b5c1
  9. remote access

remote access: I am beginning to feel uncomfortable it seems someone set up an anonymous account on my laptop and a workforce group in my networks. and somehow removed the certificate from my security software which is new. when I signed in they told me the certifate wasn't active. I paid...
  10. Phishing

Phishing: I got phished about a month ago by an Indian outfit. They trailed an HP printer driver installation page I was trying to use for a new printer, and place a "chat" ear at the bottom of the page. After I could not find what I was looking for, I clicked on the chat ear and the...