Windows 10: Remote access to Hyper-V VM

Discus and support Remote access to Hyper-V VM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have a Hyper-V VM created with a Windows OS running in it. Is there a way I can connect to the VM via Remote Desktop from a computer other than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by NavyLCDR, Apr 2, 2019.

1. NavyLCDR Win User

Remote access to Hyper-V VM

I have a Hyper-V VM created with a Windows OS running in it. Is there a way I can connect to the VM via Remote Desktop from a computer other than the host computer?

Thanks!
    John

:)

NavyLCDR, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Get access to VM machine on Hyper-V from login screen of Host PC

Hi Steven,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to get access to the VM machine on Hyper-V from the login screen of the host PC. However, as you are using Hyper-V and VM, I suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V and VM’s.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 2, 2019
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Unassign Hyper V VM with deleted User account

Hyper V is not assigned based on user accounts.

Hyper V is a server feature that allows you to create VMs but they are not assigned to users.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to?

And then share on a cloud drive and post link here for me to look at?

Also what are the steps you are doing to "assign" the VM to another User?

SarahKong, Apr 2, 2019
  4. DMACUK Win User

Hyper-V VM

With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine?

DMACUK, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Remote access to Hyper-V VM - Similar Threads - Remote access Hyper

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. Problem with VM on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with VM on Hyper-V: Good morning,after installing updates on windows server 2008 R2 it's a server to do some lab tests, I know the OS is obsolete, the VM working on Hyper-V starts normally and works but the screen remains black. How can I solve the problem?Looking online, the server in question...
  5. Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM: I have an Android 8 virtual machine running in Hyper-V on Windows 10. However I am unable to get sound working on the Android VM. I have tried absolutely everything I could find on google with no success. Some write ups say I must connect to the VM through RDP instead of...
  6. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  7. Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.: Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder. Clicking OneDrive doesn't give a OneDrive folder. 111321
  8. @KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM

@KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM: Hi there particularly @Kari. I'm playing around now with HYPER-V. I want to access 1 X 9 TB and 1 X 7 TB Linux internal HDD's from a HYPER-V VM (Centos 7). I'm running HOST W10 pro x-64. I've taken the two HDD's offline to the HOST but can't seem to get the VM to...
  9. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  10. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...