Windows 10: Remote access to Ubuntu machine

Discus and support Remote access to Ubuntu machine in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Is it possible to get remote desktop access to Ubuntu machine from Windows 10 ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BennyEngr_546, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Remote access to Ubuntu machine

Hi,

Is it possible to get remote desktop access to Ubuntu machine from Windows 10 ?

:)

BennyEngr_546, Oct 31, 2020
  2. RuskinF Win User

Remote Access

1. Follow these steps to disallow remote access to your PC completely:
    2. 1. Type “remote settings” into the Cortana search box. Select “Allow remote access to your computer”. This may seem counter-intuitive, but this opens the Control panel
      dialog for Remote System Properties.
    3. 2. Check “Don't Allow Remote Connections” to this Computer. You've now disabled remote access to your computer.

Try these two steps and tell us if your issue gets solved. If it does not then your PC may be infected. Use a Good antivirus to remove the infection from your device completely.

RuskinF, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Windows Remote Desktop Client and Ubuntu

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while connecting to Ubuntu client using Windows Remote Desktop connection.

In order to connect to remote desktop session on an Ubuntu machine you need to install XRDP server on Ubuntu first. You can refer the article

Installing XRDP
    from Ubuntu to install the XRDP server and connect to a Windows PC.

If you have already installed the XRDP server and then you are trying to connect to Remote Desktop session, I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Remote access to Ubuntu machine

Remote Desktop not working for my Windows/10 machine

I restored a computer to original Windows/10, set it to allow remote access, and still can't access it using Remote Desktop from another machine.

They are both network connected to the same wireless router.

I'm logged into the same Microsoft account on both.

I'm trying to access it using either computername or IP address - neither works.

I CAN successfully run TRACERT using either computername or IP address and both work.

Windows Firewall does not list an application named "Remote Desktop" (still doesn't connect even if I turn the firewall off).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

DaveFromNH, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Remote access to Ubuntu machine

1. Remote access to Ubuntu machine - Similar Threads - Remote access Ubuntu

2. Remote Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Access: HelloI am in the process of moving to Windows Server 2022. We are a small firm. We have only 12 users, but do need to access our works network remotely. We only have the one server.I have had a look at the remote access features in WS2022, and will be able to configure this...
  3. Remote Access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote Access: How do I access my desktop remotely from my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/146ff10b-0831-4716-b03d-1c5cb16c2d0b
  4. Remote Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Access: I have followed the instructions to Enable access on my desktop I have downloaded the client to my laptop. I have keyed in the computer name I want to connect to When I execute Remote Access on the laptop I am asked to key in the user id and password I specified when I...
  5. Ubuntu Share not accessible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ubuntu Share not accessible: I have a Ubuntu pc in my network that acts as a Server for my files. I could access the samba share normally until a few days ago but now I can't access the share anymore. When I try to connect it, I get an error saying "An error occurred while reconnecting Y: to: \\ip\name...
  6. Remote Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Access: I have two PCs, one is a Laptop with Windows 10 Pro and a Desktop with Windows 10 Home. My network identifies both, one as "WIN10-PRO" and the other as "WIN10-HOME". I have no problem remotely accessing "WIN10-PRO" files from "WIN10-HOME"; however, I cannot remotely access...
  7. remote access

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote access: Hi, I been using the remote access all of last week and this Monday . Now I can n o longer log in to my remote access computer. Can anyone help me. I have Windows 10. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/c2a8b633-bf64-4620-ad43-222d3eb63473
  8. remote access

remote access: can i use the windows 10 remote workstation software download on my windows 10 home computer to remote into my office 7 windows at work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/eead4cae-a3f1-4ec7-9587-21304e9ae60a
  9. Remote access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote access: I unfortunately allowed someone maintaining they were from BT Openreach and they were trying to get me to make a payment through my bank. Very fortunately this was not successful and no damage appears to have been done I am now concerned that they may be able to still...
  10. Windows Remote Desktop Client and Ubuntu

Windows Remote Desktop Client and Ubuntu: Hi, I am trying to establish connection with an Ubuntu 18 machine I am building and am not able to get Remote Desktop to connect successfully. Is there something especial that I need to do? I have used the name and the IP address of the Ubuntu machine with same results: I...