Windows 10: Remote Access - when I return to the remote computer the applications have to be re-sized.

Discus and support Remote Access - when I return to the remote computer the applications have to be re-sized. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My remote computer is a laptop. My home computer is a pc attached to a 34 inch moniter. When using remote access, of course the apps need to be scaled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KennethStern, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Remote Access - when I return to the remote computer the applications have to be re-sized.

My remote computer is a laptop. My home computer is a pc attached to a 34 inch moniter. When using remote access, of course the apps need to be scaled down to be seen on my laptop since the dpi is very different. When I go back to my home computer any apps that have been opened in the remote session, even if closed, first open in a reduced size rather than in the normal sizing. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

:)

KennethStern, Dec 9, 2021
  2. RuskinF Win User

Remote Access

1. Follow these steps to disallow remote access to your PC completely:
    2. 1. Type “remote settings” into the Cortana search box. Select “Allow remote access to your computer”. This may seem counter-intuitive, but this opens the Control panel
      dialog for Remote System Properties.
    3. 2. Check “Don't Allow Remote Connections” to this Computer. You've now disabled remote access to your computer.

Try these two steps and tell us if your issue gets solved. If it does not then your PC may be infected. Use a Good antivirus to remove the infection from your device completely.

RuskinF, Dec 9, 2021
  3. Steevo Win User
    hijacked via remote network access

Sounds like you are the recipient of stolen goods. All of our work laptops have this feature where it locks the BIOS and hard disk remotely if stolen, misplaced, or after a certain number of failed access attempts to the data on the disk without the TPM key.

I would suggest returning it to wherever you bought or got it.

Steevo, Dec 9, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Remote Access - when I return to the remote computer the applications have to be re-sized.

Remote access

Hi zabby937

Did you allow those Tech Support scammers to have Remote Access to your PC, they would have asked you to allow that?

Once you have turned off Remote Access, they can no longer access your PC.

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features, order that list by Date Installed

Check for any software installed on that date, like TeamViewer or LogMeIn, if you find any remoting application like those, uninstall it

Other than that, you have taken all the right steps and your PC will be fine, you do not need to worry about this further . .

DaveM121, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

Remote Access - when I return to the remote computer the applications have to be re-sized.

1. Remote Access - when I return to the remote computer the applications have to be re-sized. - Similar Threads - Remote Access return

2. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  3. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  4. Remote Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Access: How do I access my desktop remotely from my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/146ff10b-0831-4716-b03d-1c5cb16c2d0b
  5. Remote Access - when I return to the remote computer the applications have to be re-sized.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Access - when I return to the remote computer the applications have to be re-sized.: My remote computer is a laptop. My home computer is a pc attached to a 34 inch moniter. When using remote access, of course the apps need to be scaled down to be seen on my laptop since the dpi is very different. When I go back to my home computer any apps that have been...
  6. Remote Access - when I return to the remote computer the applications have to be re-sized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Access - when I return to the remote computer the applications have to be re-sized.: My remote computer is a laptop. My home computer is a pc attached to a 34 inch moniter. When using remote access, of course the apps need to be scaled down to be seen on my laptop since the dpi is very different. When I go back to my home computer any apps that have been...
  7. remote access

remote access: can i use the windows 10 remote workstation software download on my windows 10 home computer to remote into my office 7 windows at work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/eead4cae-a3f1-4ec7-9587-21304e9ae60a
  8. Remote Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Access: Does Remote Access have a user history log to find out if someone attempted access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/d8ea08c3-8e8a-4fc9-becc-55e6d5f7a699"
  9. 'remote Access'

'remote Access': What happens when I allow remote Access? How to tell who can access this computer now, and, by what route, or means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/2ace370c-0a9b-4a3e-9015-14f05728ce0b
  10. Remote access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote access: I unfortunately allowed someone maintaining they were from BT Openreach and they were trying to get me to make a payment through my bank. Very fortunately this was not successful and no damage appears to have been done I am now concerned that they may be able to still...