Windows 10: remote access

Discus and support remote access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; can i use the windows 10 remote workstation software download on my windows 10 home computer to remote into my office 7 windows at work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ericscallions, Feb 14, 2020.

1. remote access

can i use the windows 10 remote workstation software download on my windows 10 home computer to remote into my office 7 windows at work

:)

ericscallions, Feb 14, 2020

2. Remote access

In this case, we suggest checking this
    link
    to learn more about using the Remote Desktop app. This article will guide you on how to remotely access a desktop PC or a mobile device. For additional troubleshooting can you also answer the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you receiving error messages when using
      the Remote Desktop app?

We will wait for your reply.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 14, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Remote access

Hi zabby937

Did you allow those Tech Support scammers to have Remote Access to your PC, they would have asked you to allow that?

Once you have turned off Remote Access, they can no longer access your PC.

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features, order that list by Date Installed

Check for any software installed on that date, like TeamViewer or LogMeIn, if you find any remoting application like those, uninstall it

Other than that, you have taken all the right steps and your PC will be fine, you do not need to worry about this further . .

DaveM121, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Steevo Win User

remote access

hijacked via remote network access

Sounds like you are the recipient of stolen goods. All of our work laptops have this feature where it locks the BIOS and hard disk remotely if stolen, misplaced, or after a certain number of failed access attempts to the data on the disk without the TPM key.

I would suggest returning it to wherever you bought or got it.

Steevo, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

remote access

1. remote access - Similar Threads - remote access

2. Remote Access (app) requesting access to the file system despite being set in Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Access (app) requesting access to the file system despite being set in Settings: When I try to copy/paste a file through Remote Desktop I get a dialogue saying, Allow Access You must give Remote Desktop access to your file system to copy files to the remote PC. This can be done under Settings / Privacy / File system. Providing access will close this...
  3. remote hard drive access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remote hard drive access: Hello; I replaced a hard drive in a laptop with a SSD cloned, it works fine. Bought a case for the drive removed, but when I connect it via usb, the drive powers up, and I get the icon showing a usb connection, but the drive doesn't show up in the tree. I left the...
  4. NAS access for remote users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS access for remote users: Good morning all, We are a small design and engineering firm that is beginning to allow more and more remote workers. With that comes the issues of data backup, file sharing, and user based access permissions. In researching options, I believe our needs would be easily...
  5. Do brand new out of the box HP Windows 10 computers come with allow remote access boxes...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do brand new out of the box HP Windows 10 computers come with allow remote access boxes...: I discovered within a few hours of taking it out of the box and setting it up in my new HP Windows 10 laptop that the allow remote access box had a check mark in it, which I immediately unchecked. This happened after I disabled McAfee Security 30 day trial which fully enabled...
  6. Remote access not allowing access on Surface Pro & Surface Studio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote access not allowing access on Surface Pro & Surface Studio: Hi. I have a Surface Studio 2 and Surface Pro latest. Both W10 fully updated. I clearly have a Microsoft Account in order to have joined this community, yet remote access will not accept my password for that account, thus not allowing me remote access to my computers. Same...
  7. Local Admin Rights & Remote Desktop Access Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Admin Rights & Remote Desktop Access Permission: Hello All, Good morning! In my environment now a days its difficult to manage granting Local Admin Rights and RDP access to the particular users on their particular host , as the GPO size is increasing to assign separate policy though "Restricted Group" settings. Even I...
  8. Many Microsoft / Odd Utilities try to randomly access remote IPs

Many Microsoft / Odd Utilities try to randomly access remote IPs: I have recently been instructed to activate custom rule set of Comodo firewall to be able to monitor what apps are trying to access the internet . To the irony I realized a huge number of connections are being done via programs that aren't really known to be any related to...
  9. Can I access passwords remotely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I access passwords remotely?: I have my username and password saved on my home desktop. Am I able to access my saved password by logging in to my account remotely? submitted by /u/aaatt22 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/el3nrr/can_i_access_passwords_remotely/
  10. Remote Access

Remote Access: Does Remote Access have a user history log to find out if someone attempted access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/d8ea08c3-8e8a-4fc9-becc-55e6d5f7a699"