Windows 10: remote access

Discus and support remote access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; can i use the windows 10 remote workstation software download on my windows 10 home computer to remote into my office 7 windows at work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ericscallions, Feb 14, 2020.

1. remote access

can i use the windows 10 remote workstation software download on my windows 10 home computer to remote into my office 7 windows at work

:)

ericscallions, Feb 14, 2020

2. Remote access

In this case, we suggest checking this
    link
    to learn more about using the Remote Desktop app. This article will guide you on how to remotely access a desktop PC or a mobile device. For additional troubleshooting can you also answer the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you receiving error messages when using
      the Remote Desktop app?

We will wait for your reply.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 14, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Remote access

Hi zabby937

Did you allow those Tech Support scammers to have Remote Access to your PC, they would have asked you to allow that?

Once you have turned off Remote Access, they can no longer access your PC.

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features, order that list by Date Installed

Check for any software installed on that date, like TeamViewer or LogMeIn, if you find any remoting application like those, uninstall it

Other than that, you have taken all the right steps and your PC will be fine, you do not need to worry about this further . .

DaveM121, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Steevo Win User

remote access

hijacked via remote network access

Sounds like you are the recipient of stolen goods. All of our work laptops have this feature where it locks the BIOS and hard disk remotely if stolen, misplaced, or after a certain number of failed access attempts to the data on the disk without the TPM key.

I would suggest returning it to wherever you bought or got it.

Steevo, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

remote access

1. remote access - Similar Threads - remote access

2. Someone has a remote access to my PC, how to block them?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone has a remote access to my PC, how to block them?: I've experienced today a control takeover on my pc as i was doing my business, the hacker started typing chinese, opened a lot of windows, used the mouse. I've shut down the pc immediately and deactivated the WIFI. I've ran anti-malware scans but nothing to report here. I've...
  3. Someone has a remote access to my PC, how to block them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone has a remote access to my PC, how to block them?: I've experienced today a control takeover on my pc as i was doing my business, the hacker started typing chinese, opened a lot of windows, used the mouse. I've shut down the pc immediately and deactivated the WIFI. I've ran anti-malware scans but nothing to report here. I've...
  4. Someone has a remote access to my PC, how to block them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fix Remote server returned ‘550 5.7.520 Access denied, Your organization does not allow...

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix Remote server returned ‘550 5.7.520 Access denied, Your organization does not allow...: This is a security feature from Microsoft 365 where it will block emails from being forwarded outside the tenant. If you get such a message, this means that the recipient has forwarding set outside its tenant. To allow this feature, follow the below guide. Open the Office...
  6. When signing up for a remote desktop, has anyone with a v- account not been able to access...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When signing up for a remote desktop, has anyone with a v- account not been able to access...: I uploaded a picture of what my desktop looks like. It just says: "There are currently no resources assigned to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. When signing up for a remote desktop, has anyone with a v- account not been able to access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When signing up for a remote desktop, has anyone with a v- account not been able to access...: I uploaded a picture of what my desktop looks like. It just says: "There are currently no resources assigned to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. When signing up for a remote desktop, has anyone with a v- account not been able to access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows remote access locked the screen. Can the screen be set unlocked for other local users?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows remote access locked the screen. Can the screen be set unlocked for other local users?: Hello, A work computer has been set up for multiple local users and each has his own account. The Windows 10 has been set as "screen unlocked" or "no login required to unlock the screen" so anyone can see the status on the screen. However, recently someone wanted to have the...
  10. Windows remote access locked the screen. Can the screen be set unlocked for other local users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows remote access locked the screen. Can the screen be set unlocked for other local users?: Hello, A work computer has been set up for multiple local users and each has his own account. The Windows 10 has been set as "screen unlocked" or "no login required to unlock the screen" so anyone can see the status on the screen. However, recently someone wanted to have the...