Windows 10: Remote Access

Discus and support Remote Access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have two PCs, one is a Laptop with Windows 10 Pro and a Desktop with Windows 10 Home. My network identifies both, one as "WIN10-PRO" and the other as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BillyS8, May 7, 2020.

1. BillyS8 Win User

Remote Access

I have two PCs, one is a Laptop with Windows 10 Pro and a Desktop with Windows 10 Home. My network identifies both, one as "WIN10-PRO" and the other as "WIN10-HOME".

I have no problem remotely accessing "WIN10-PRO" files from "WIN10-HOME"; however, I cannot remotely access "WIN10-HOME" from "WIN10-PRO".

Please help.

Billy

:)

BillyS8, May 7, 2020

2. Remote access

In this case, we suggest checking this
    link
    to learn more about using the Remote Desktop app. This article will guide you on how to remotely access a desktop PC or a mobile device. For additional troubleshooting can you also answer the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you receiving error messages when using
      the Remote Desktop app?

We will wait for your reply.

Jefferson Ore, May 7, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Remote access

Hi zabby937

Did you allow those Tech Support scammers to have Remote Access to your PC, they would have asked you to allow that?

Once you have turned off Remote Access, they can no longer access your PC.

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features, order that list by Date Installed

Check for any software installed on that date, like TeamViewer or LogMeIn, if you find any remoting application like those, uninstall it

Other than that, you have taken all the right steps and your PC will be fine, you do not need to worry about this further . .

DaveM121, May 7, 2020
  4. Steevo Win User

Remote Access

hijacked via remote network access

Sounds like you are the recipient of stolen goods. All of our work laptops have this feature where it locks the BIOS and hard disk remotely if stolen, misplaced, or after a certain number of failed access attempts to the data on the disk without the TPM key.

I would suggest returning it to wherever you bought or got it.

Steevo, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Remote Access

1. Remote Access - Similar Threads - Remote Access

2. "Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone": OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Why is Remote desktop connection not showing in the list? I have seen it on 2 other computers so I feel like it should be there. [ATTACH]...
  3. How Do I Find The Person Who Has Remote Access To My Computer?

How Do I Find The Person Who Has Remote Access To My Computer?: I get the feeling that someone is reconfiguring software on my computer because it does not act correctly. Now, I have searched in Network Discovery for years to see why this was going on and I have sought Tech help, reset my computer more then enough to know that this is...
  4. Newbiew: how to create a remote access to laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newbiew: how to create a remote access to laptop?: I'd like to set a remote access to my girlfriend's laptop from my pc/laptop. She currently works from home, whereas I as GP need to go out to get to work (we also prepare to move to each other, but currently llive separately). Sometimes she has some technical issues and...
  5. how to access another PC's HDD when the remote pc is using a microsoft account for login...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to access another PC's HDD when the remote pc is using a microsoft account for login...: I want to access some files from my family PC downstairs from my work Laptop upstairs. I now use my Microsoft account credentials to login to the family PC, previously i would have gone to familypc\user and then password however putting in familypc\*** Email address is...
  6. When I log in to Remote Desktop to access my work computer, all Google.com sites stop working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I log in to Remote Desktop to access my work computer, all Google.com sites stop working: My IT team has me using SonicWall NetExtender to log in the work computers, and then I launch a remote desktop profile that gives me access to my work PC. When I'm connected, any Google sites google.com, Gmail etc. won't load. It also makes Slack temperamental. When I...
  7. remote access and administration overides by third party

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote access and administration overides by third party: Hi my computer has been having admin. issues and its almost like someone is using my pc for a server/proxy. the files that I can pull up are related to Bluetooth audible recordings being saved and possisbly distributed back out to other users. the is the second time my pc has...
  8. How do I set up Remote Access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I set up Remote Access?: My boss has two high-performance towers set up at his place and I want to work remotely & securely from my laptop. We already have few Win10 pro licenses available, so this won't be a problem. He can also provide me with a VPN service. I've been searching on reddit and...
  9. Technician wants remote access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Technician wants remote access: I recently built my first PC. I downloaded and installed a free version of Windows 10 Pro. I waited until I had some extra cash and decided to buy Windows 10 Home as my OS. I was told by one technician, Home will override Pro. But it did not. I get an error 0x803F700. I found...
  10. UWP RPC_S_ACCESS_DENIED Access for making the remote procedure call was denied

UWP RPC_S_ACCESS_DENIED Access for making the remote procedure call was denied: RPCclientusing C++ call RPCserver communication is ok, RPCclient call RPCserver both all C++: [ATTACH] UWPRPCclientC# reference RPC dlluniversal C++ call RPCserver is fail,and errorcode is 5-> RPC_S_ACCESS_DENIED Access for making the remote procedure call was denied....