Windows 10: Remote Access

Discus and support Remote Access in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I access my desktop remotely from my laptop?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AundreaRB, Aug 24, 2022.

1. AundreaRB Win User

Remote Access

How do I access my desktop remotely from my laptop?

:)

AundreaRB, Aug 24, 2022
  2. RuskinF Win User

Remote Access

1. Follow these steps to disallow remote access to your PC completely:
    2. 1. Type “remote settings” into the Cortana search box. Select “Allow remote access to your computer”. This may seem counter-intuitive, but this opens the Control panel
      dialog for Remote System Properties.
    3. 2. Check “Don't Allow Remote Connections” to this Computer. You've now disabled remote access to your computer.

Try these two steps and tell us if your issue gets solved. If it does not then your PC may be infected. Use a Good antivirus to remove the infection from your device completely.

RuskinF, Aug 24, 2022
  3. Remote access

In this case, we suggest checking this
    link
    to learn more about using the Remote Desktop app. This article will guide you on how to remotely access a desktop PC or a mobile device. For additional troubleshooting can you also answer the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you receiving error messages when using
      the Remote Desktop app?

We will wait for your reply.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 24, 2022
  4. Steevo Win User

Remote Access

hijacked via remote network access

Sounds like you are the recipient of stolen goods. All of our work laptops have this feature where it locks the BIOS and hard disk remotely if stolen, misplaced, or after a certain number of failed access attempts to the data on the disk without the TPM key.

I would suggest returning it to wherever you bought or got it.

Steevo, Aug 24, 2022
Thema:

Remote Access

1. Remote Access - Similar Threads - Remote Access

2. Remote Access Help Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Access Help Windows 7: Hello Im looking to get some assistance setting up my remote access for my desktop computer so that i will be able to use my laptop at home to access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access-help-windows-7/1e3d7d63-b200-428f-9b38-fa63f450cee1
  3. Remote Access Help Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Access Help Windows 7: Hello Im looking to get some assistance setting up my remote access for my desktop computer so that i will be able to use my laptop at home to access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access-help-windows-7/1e3d7d63-b200-428f-9b38-fa63f450cee1
  4. Shared Folder accessible remotely with Admin permission but inaccessible locally

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shared Folder accessible remotely with Admin permission but inaccessible locally: I am part of Local Administrator group on a Windows 2016 File server. D:\ drive is shared named "NERC" with Share Permission as Read-Only for Everyone and Security Permission as Full Control to Local Administrator group. When accessing remotely like \\<servername>\NERC\ I am...
  5. Shared Folder accessible remotely with Admin permission but inaccessible locally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Folder accessible remotely with Admin permission but inaccessible locally: I am part of Local Administrator group on a Windows 2016 File server. D:\ drive is shared named "NERC" with Share Permission as Read-Only for Everyone and Security Permission as Full Control to Local Administrator group. When accessing remotely like \\<servername>\NERC\ I am...
  6. Shared Folder accessible remotely with Admin permission but inaccessible locally

7. Need to access remote computer remotely, but RPC services are not running correctly. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to access remote computer remotely, but RPC services are not running correctly. How...: I am working in a big domain with many group policies in effect. We need to access a remote machine, but its RPC services are either blocked or offline.Things I have tried - 1. Remote shell commands with PSexec Cannot connect2. Group policy lookup with gpresult Cannot connect...
  8. Need to access remote computer remotely, but RPC services are not running correctly. How...

Need to access remote computer remotely, but RPC services are not running correctly. How...: I am working in a big domain with many group policies in effect. We need to access a remote machine, but its RPC services are either blocked or offline.Things I have tried - 1. Remote shell commands with PSexec Cannot connect2. Group policy lookup with gpresult Cannot connect...
  9. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?: I am trying to remote in to my home desktop pc from a new laptop. For some reason I can remote from pc to laptop with microsoft account login info with no issue. When I try to do the reverse -- access my desktop from laptop, I get an error message that says 'your credentials...
  10. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?: I am trying to remote in to my home desktop pc from a new laptop. For some reason I can remote from pc to laptop with microsoft account login info with no issue. When I try to do the reverse -- access my desktop from laptop, I get an error message that says 'your credentials...