Windows 10: Remote Assistance don't send mail with thunderbird

Discus and support Remote Assistance don't send mail with thunderbird in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm sure i'm not the only one guy with this issue. Since some new versions of w10, RemoteAssistance can't open the client SMAPI of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by noel blanc, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Remote Assistance don't send mail with thunderbird

Hello,

I'm sure i'm not the only one guy with this issue.

Since some new versions of w10, RemoteAssistance can't open the client SMAPI of thunderbird.

I use windbg, procmon, ida and i see that LoadLibraryA returns "ERROR_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH 577 0x241 : Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file". And it returns that because CI.dll detects a "wrong" certificat a call to CI.dll!CipReportAndReprieveUMCIFailure.

It seems that a new security level for RemoteAssistance was introduce in new versions of w10.

RemoteAssistance uses a SMAPI dll, mozmapi32 -inuse.dll in the case of Thunderbird as client mail.

This dll is well signed. But it seems that MS, for security reason, imposes a certificat with a "better" level and blocks other certificats when using RemoteAssistance msra.exe.

Why is it impossible to get technical informations from developpers/support when we are in face at an anomaly?

Is it possible to ask to MS why it is became impossible to use of the SMAPI client of thunderbird ?

And how to get that it works again?

I know MS doesn't answer me, I'm just a tiny ant.

:)

noel blanc, Nov 10, 2020
  2. SK-1 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

3. Thunderbird Mail Disappearing

Ok so this may or may not be the right area for this, but I wasn't really about to find a place for it and it is kind of network related.

So I have a client of mine that worked for a real estate company, and was about to leave the company, and wanted to keep his emails. So I downloaded Thunderbird, and saved all the emails for offline mode, and while I was there verified that without an active internet connection that the emails were still within thunderbird and completely accessible.

He called today, saying that his emails aren't showing up in thunderbird. I remotely connected to his computer to investigate and somehow, the emails were no longer in offline storage, they were gone completely. We were both aware that within 24 hours of him leaving the place of business that his email account was going to be deleted and once deleted he could no longer receive new emails from that email and would only be able to access the ones that we saved offline. I have no clue where the emails went, some of them are listed in the %appdata% roaming folder for thunderbird, but none of them are appearing in thunderbird and I can't open the file for the emails or the .msf folder files in thunderbird to get access to them. When I try to it just attaches it to an email and tries to send it.

I'm at a loss, hopefully you guys have some answer to this problem, whether it be hack the email server to get them back, or some sly way to open .msf folders(all the emails are in %appdata% roaming for thunderbird), but I can't think of anything. Please help and many thanks

Exile_Chavez, Nov 10, 2020
  4. pbmaster Win User

Remote Assistance don't send mail with thunderbird

Thunderbird problems

Right, so my gf's dad tried to back up his mail from Thunderbird to a network HDD by changing the location of the local folder for all his accounts, which is like 3 or 4. Now, none of his mail or accounts show up in Thunderbird and they aren't listed on the network drive. I was able to locate all the mail in its original location in AppData, but I don't know how to get it back to the way it was. Any ideas would help, thanks in advance.

pbmaster, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Remote Assistance don't send mail with thunderbird

1. Remote Assistance don't send mail with thunderbird - Similar Threads - Remote Assistance don't

2. Don't want to send mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't want to send mail: I can not send e-mail from windows Live Mail. Keep getting Error 554. What do I do?The message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***',...
  3. Don't want to send mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't want to send mail: I can not send e-mail from windows Live Mail. Keep getting Error 554. What do I do?The message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***',...
  4. Right click will not send to Thunderbird which is set as default mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click will not send to Thunderbird which is set as default mail: I have Thunderbird set as my default mail program. But if I right-click on a document or anything and choose "send to/mail recipient" it always opens my Outlook in Office 2019....
  5. Remote assist.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote assist.: I some times give assistance to a friend using 'Quick Assist', is there anyway I can have my cursor pointer showing on his screen while I move around his PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assist/def2c5f4-b2b1-4ed5-8166-4238096d9b73
  6. Remote assistance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote assistance: My pc was suffering from continuous incomplete updates. I contacted Microsoft and a technician tried to assist remotely on my pc. Whilst trying to solve the issues she uninstalled the wifi driver so I now have no internet connection. The wifi was infact working perfectly...
  7. REMOTE ASSISTANCE

REMOTE ASSISTANCE: Greetings, I've been reading someone's post or question about Remote Assistance. I know what it is & how it works & I believe the long name of it is Windows Remote Assistance. I was just wondering is this the same program that HP uses every time they connect to my own HP...
  8. remote assistance

remote assistance: What happens when I enable remote assistance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assistance/cb5205e8-e974-42b6-b23a-afb413d11b49
  9. send to not opening an email in Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    send to not opening an email in Thunderbird: On 3/1/2019 the right click send to mail stopped working, for pictures and for pdf documents. I am using Windows 10 and Thunderbird. At one point I got an error message that another program was using my mail. Restarting produced the same error....
  10. remote assistance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remote assistance: what is the easiest way to offer remote assistance from a windows 10 computer to a windows 8 computer? is there a way to connect the two if the receiving windows 8 computer can not access their email or can not grasp the concept of sending an invitation?...