Windows 10: Remote computer freezes when closing RDC since Windows 10 1903 update

Discus and support Remote computer freezes when closing RDC since Windows 10 1903 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating to Windows 10 1903 I found my Remote Desktop Connections would freeze the remote computer when I closed the session (using the X as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shadowblam, May 28, 2019.

1. Remote computer freezes when closing RDC since Windows 10 1903 update

After updating to Windows 10 1903 I found my Remote Desktop Connections would freeze the remote computer when I closed the session (using the X as I usually do). I would then have to reboot the remote computer in order to log into it either locally or remotely. After many trial and error tweaks I found that if I log off the remote connection before closing the session, it continues to operate correctly. Is this an intentional change or some kind of error?

:)

Shadowblam, May 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 Enterprise Tech Preview freezes often on RDC

Windows 10 Enterprise Tech Preview freezes often on RDC - Remote Desktop Connection.

What would be the root cause that Windows 10 Enterprise Tech Preview freezes every time I try to reconnect from one day to the following on Remote Desktop Connection using Hyper-V on the server side?

Thanks,

isi.carlos, May 28, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Kari Win User

Remote computer freezes when closing RDC since Windows 10 1903 update

Remote desktop in window 10 cannot access computer having windows 8

It is exactly as you said. Windows 10 Home and Single Language editions can only be used as remote host, computer hosting the remote session (connecting to another computer over remote desktop).

PRO or above is required for remote client, computer to which remote host is connecting.

Thema:

Remote computer freezes when closing RDC since Windows 10 1903 update

1. Remote computer freezes when closing RDC since Windows 10 1903 update - Similar Threads - Remote computer freezes

2. Computer freezing daily since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing daily since last update: My machine has been freezing daily since the last update, it never did that before. I tried looking online to see how to diagnose the issue but have not been successful. Has anyone else been having the same problem? Is Microsoft aware of this? Any plans to fix or diagnose it?...
  3. since last windows 10 update the computer freezes on the restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    since last windows 10 update the computer freezes on the restart: Since the last windows 10 update my computer locks up on the restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-last-windows-10-update-the-computer-freezes/7aa32692-972f-49b0-b491-405c94da19e4
  4. Computer freeze up since new update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freeze up since new update: Ever since the latest update i have had this problem occur twice, my computer just freezes up and i can’t do anything to fix it but shutting it down from the power button submitted by /u/lmDarkLord [link] [comments]...
  5. Can't Connect Remote Desktop Since Update 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Connect Remote Desktop Since Update 1903: Hi, After updating my windows 10 computers with the latest updates, i'm unable to connect via remote desktop to our 2012 R2 server. The issue started after a restart on the server lately. All other computers on the network are able to connect, including not updated Windows...
  6. Windows 1903 update. Computer Freezes. Help!

Windows 1903 update. Computer Freezes. Help!: Since the Windows 1903 update my computer screen turns black when I leave it un-attended for 20 minutes or so. If I press escape on the keyboard, the desktop re-appears but is frozen. I have to press the power button on the side of the monitor to turn computer off. Also if I...
  7. Computer freezing after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing after 1903 update: Since installing the 1903 feature update a week ago, I am getting frequent episodes of mouse freezing (or pointer disappearing) and computer seizing up. (MSI GT70 laptop, Logitech G9 Mouse). Ctrl+Alt+Delete has no effect, only solution has been to shut it down and reboot...
  8. Computer will not sleep since Windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not sleep since Windows 10 1903 update: My computer refuses to sleep since updated to Windows 10 1903. I've read up and followed other suggestions but the computer will not go to sleep. When I say I have tried everything I have. I come back to the computer after several hours and it is not asleep. If I'm lucky...
  9. Computer Unstable Since 1903 Update

Computer Unstable Since 1903 Update: Updated to 1903 three days ago (6-2-19) and my computer is crashing a lot. Watching videos, writing emails, doing nothing just on and computer decides to re-boot or computer didn't shut down properly and I will see the computer trying to recover. Computer has crashed approx....
  10. RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC: How to: RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC How to use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to and from your Windows 10 PC RDP or Remote Desktop Protocol is the Windows protocol taking care of remote desktop connections. Remote Desktop Connection, short RDC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp freezes windows 10 1903

2. remote desktop freezes and crashing windows 10 1903