Windows 10: Remote Computer Management

Discus and support Remote Computer Management in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Working on domain Win 10 Pro systems. I am able to use Computer management on the target PC and it shows Task Scheduler, Event Log, Shared, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XXLMandalorian, May 4, 2021.

1. Remote Computer Management

Hello, Working on domain Win 10 Pro systems. I am able to use Computer management on the target PC and it shows Task Scheduler, Event Log, Shared, and Users/Groups fine but when I click on Device Manager, I get the fallowing error. On my PC and the target, I have enabled "Allow inbound remote administration exception" and "Allow inbound remote desktop exceptions in local group policy editor. In services on both I have set remote registry and Plug and play to Auto and are started. I'm at a loss of what do to. Do I need to put in my PC's IP in the remote reg and plug and play services? I have also only enabled them in Extended does it need to be done in standard as well?

:)

XXLMandalorian, May 4, 2021
  2. lbeck Win User

Can I start a computer remotely?

It occurs to me that maybe I'm working on the wrong computer. Possibly the remote computer is configured properly and the problem is with the computer sending the wake-up call.

Can someone recommend a step-by-step protocol for pinging or sending a wake up command to the remote computer?

Thanks

lbeck, May 4, 2021
  3. Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

We suggest that you disable any security program on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Then follow the steps below to ensure remote desktop is enabled:

• Click Start.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Right-click This PC.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Remote settings in the upper left hand corner.
    • Ensure the option Allow remote connection to this computer and
      Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer is selected.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 4, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Remote Computer Management

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Remote Computer Management

1. Remote Computer Management - Similar Threads - Remote Computer Management

2. What is Remote Desktop? Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Remote Desktop? Task Manager: Seems kind of sketchy and is located at the system32 folder. Saw it when opening task manager briefly, but it went away later and I couldn't find it again. I haven't seen it before and haven't had cpu problems with it. Is it safe?...
  3. What is Remote Desktop? Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Remote Desktop? Task Manager: Seems kind of sketchy and is located at the system32 folder. Saw it when opening task manager briefly, but it went away later and I couldn't find it again. I haven't seen it before and haven't had cpu problems with it. Is it safe?...
  4. Windows Remote Management Errors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Remote Management Errors: First off sorry if this is in the wrong section, first time posting here..I've noticed in Event Viewer under Remote Management that there are a lot of errors.I don't use any sort of Remote apps on my computer, is this something I should be worried about?I'm just on a home...
  5. msinfo32 Remote Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msinfo32 Remote Computer: Hey everybody, I'd like to use the Remote Computer... feature of Microsoft Information. However, I keep getting the error "the connection to <computer name> could not be established. Check to see that the network path name is correct, that you have sufficient permission to...
  6. Cannot remote manage Windows domain computer

Cannot remote manage Windows domain computer: I don't know why I cannot manage a domain computers (Windows 10) using user that is in local admin group. I would like to power shell 'Rename-Computer' or 'Restart-Computer' but I can't. I do no want to use domain administrator for such tasks only local admins, so let say I...
  7. disk management on remote computer

disk management on remote computer: Hi, in Disk Management (W10) I don't see an option for connection to remote computer. Just wondering is it possible by another means... Thanks. 150008
  8. remote connecting a computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote connecting a computer: How do you remote connect 2 computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-connecting-a-computer/4f8313df-f430-4b37-a11f-fc9c95d44d46
  9. Windows Remote Management events logged on my computer. Why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Remote Management events logged on my computer. Why?: I was looking through the Windows 10 Event Viewer and noticed that Windows Remote Management has been logging events, even though I have never used it. Log entries include: Event ID 254 Activity Transfer Event ID 145 WSMan operation Enumeration started with resourceUri...
  10. Managing a Computer Remotely

Managing a Computer Remotely: Hello. I am new to this forum, and don't know anything about Windows or administration. I would like to know what I would need to do to manage another Windows computer remotely. This might include the ability to changes settings on the remote machine, update software,...