Windows 10: Remote Computer selectively unreachable

Discus and support Remote Computer selectively unreachable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I run my Mailserver on a remote machine and access it for maintenance using VNC Yesterday I needed to make some space on its C: drive and moved files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jeanrouge, Oct 21, 2019.

1. jeanrouge Win User

Remote Computer selectively unreachable

I run my Mailserver on a remote machine and access it for maintenance using VNC

Yesterday I needed to make some space on its C: drive and moved files to another local drive on the Mailserver.
    Today the Mailserver program is not running and I cannot access the machine.

I can ping it both with the IP address and its name.
    I also got into its file structure using explorer (net use etc)
    NB: Using explorer I reinstated the files I had moved (Mostly Thunderbird files from the Roaming folder.
    (I stopped using Thunderbird a couple of year ago).

But I cannot restart it using shutdown (which is how I normally deal with restart problems).

Using the graphical interface I get "Failed to connect to registry".
    Using a command line I get "No more threads can be created in the system.(164)"
    (That may be because I've tried too many times and each time it has failed).

I cannot even access the Mail Program via a browser using the Mailserver login credentials to allow use of Web-Mail.
    The browser just times out using both the IP address and the name.

Remote Desktop stopped working ages ago that's why I use VNC
    The fact that Internet Explorer won't connect suggests a DNS problem but since I can ping that rules it I out I think.

Has anyone had a similar experience and managed to get things going again?

Tomorrow evening someone will be able to restart the machine but meanwhile I am email-less!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jean

:)

jeanrouge, Oct 21, 2019

2. Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

We suggest that you disable any security program on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Then follow the steps below to ensure remote desktop is enabled:

• Click Start.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Right-click This PC.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Remote settings in the upper left hand corner.
    • Ensure the option Allow remote connection to this computer and
      Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer is selected.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 21, 2019
  4. lbeck Win User

Can I start a computer remotely?

It occurs to me that maybe I'm working on the wrong computer. Possibly the remote computer is configured properly and the problem is with the computer sending the wake-up call.

Can someone recommend a step-by-step protocol for pinging or sending a wake up command to the remote computer?

Thanks

lbeck, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Remote Computer selectively unreachable - Similar Threads - Remote Computer selectively

2. the site is unreachable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the site is unreachable: i was making my walpaper gif and it send me in a website and it says this site is unreachable i refresh the website so many times and it didint work why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-site-is-unreachable/c3293428-23d0-47a1-8b11-6dcfa9e67e7f
  3. the site is unreachable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the site is unreachable: i was making my walpaper gif and it send me in a website and it says this site is unreachable i refresh the website so many times and it didint work why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-site-is-unreachable/c3293428-23d0-47a1-8b11-6dcfa9e67e7f
  4. unreachable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unreachable: microsoft device won't allow me to access microsoft.com it states : This site can’t be reachedhttps://www.comed.com/ is unreachable.Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE why is this happening? I have cleared cache, history, reset modem and restarted...
  5. unreachable

unreachable: microsoft device won't allow me to access microsoft.com it states : This site can’t be reachedhttps://www.comed.com/ is unreachable.Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE why is this happening? I have cleared cache, history, reset modem and restarted...
  6. Support is unreachable

Support is unreachable: I want to reach support about activating my windows 10 key after changing my hardware. I tried the troubleshoot option in windows settings, but that doesn't work and shows me the message "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device".I tried the get help application to...
  7. Support is unreachable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Support is unreachable: I want to reach support about activating my windows 10 key after changing my hardware. I tried the troubleshoot option in windows settings, but that doesn't work and shows me the message "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device".I tried the get help application to...
  8. Support is unreachable

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. The device is unreachable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The device is unreachable: I have been trying to import photos from my iPhone x to my Windows 10 HP computer. Most of the photos imported no problem, but a large number fail and I get the message "the device is unreachable" I have searched for days for an answer and got nowhere. Please note: I have...
  10. NAS unreachable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS unreachable: Hi, I have a NAS, accessible via 192.168.1.57:81 locally. The problem is : I can't see it under Windows. In Linux I can see it under network tab I try to access it with \\192.168.1.57 in My Computer but doesn't work too Any ideas ? Thanks in advance 79970