Windows 10: Remote connect to Windows 7 with Windows 10

Discus and support Remote connect to Windows 7 with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have 5 PC running windows 10 Pro and one PC running windows 7 Pro. I can remotely connect to all the Windows 10 PCs With my Windows 7 PC but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScreenName001, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Remote connect to Windows 7 with Windows 10

Hello,

I have 5 PC running windows 10 Pro and one PC running windows 7 Pro. I can remotely connect to all the Windows 10 PCs With my Windows 7 PC but all the Windows 10 PCs can't remote to my Windows 7 PC. Actually, I only can get to the Log On Screen and put my password in. After typing in my password, I have an error message telling me that I have put in the wrong password. If I sit in front of the Windows 7 PC and put the same password Windows 10 is telling me I'm putting in wrong, the computer session open right away. So the password is good. I even tried to remove the password on the Windows 7 PC and still have the same password error message. My setting in all networks are set like so:

Turn on network discovery

Turn on file and printer sharing

Turn off password protected sharing

After checking many forums, I havent found anyone that have the same issue as I do. I tried calling Microsoft but they told me that they are not offering support with Windows 7 anymore. Any one have an idea of how I could possibly remotely connect to my Windows 7 machine with a Windows 10 PC?

:)

ScreenName001, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Remote connect to Windows 7 with Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Remote connect to Windows 7 with Windows 10

1. Remote connect to Windows 7 with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remote connect

2. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  3. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  4. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Remote area connection doesn't recognise my username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote area connection doesn't recognise my username and password: I am trying to log in to the work computer using a remote area connection from my home computer. The IT guy says there is a problem with my computer but it was working last week and I've made no changes to my home computer. The work server went down over the weekend and they...
  6. Remote area connection doesn't recognise my username and password

Remote area connection doesn't recognise my username and password: I am trying to log in to the work computer using a remote area connection from my home computer. The IT guy says there is a problem with my computer but it was working last week and I've made no changes to my home computer. The work server went down over the weekend and they...
  7. I cannot use remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  8. I cannot use remote desktop connection

I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  9. Windows Remote Desktop Client fails to connect with error code 0x4 on only one of my computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Remote Desktop Client fails to connect with error code 0x4 on only one of my computers: I encountered this error message while attempting to connect to a remote host on one of my PCs. I have two computers on the same LAN, and I can easily connect to the remote host using the Windows Remote Desktop client without any issues on my other PC. So this means the...
  10. Windows Remote Desktop Client fails to connect with error code 0x4 on only one of my computers

Windows Remote Desktop Client fails to connect with error code 0x4 on only one of my computers: I encountered this error message while attempting to connect to a remote host on one of my PCs. I have two computers on the same LAN, and I can easily connect to the remote host using the Windows Remote Desktop client without any issues on my other PC. So this means the...