Windows 10: remote connection from different network

Discus and support remote connection from different network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not sure of the steps to properly connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dsorensen0315, Oct 8, 2018.

1. remote connection from different network

Not sure of the steps to properly connect

:)

dsorensen0315, Oct 8, 2018

2. Remote Desktop Connection using different networks

Hi Baskar,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to use remote connection from different network to connect your work PC. We will help you.

You can connect to a work PC from another work PC or your home PC. Only one person at a time can sign in to a PC. If someone else is using the work PC, you'll automatically sign them out if you sign in. Also, Windows Firewall will automatically open the
    required port when you start a remote connection. If you're using another firewall, make sure the port for Remote Desktop (usually 3389) is open.

I suggest you to refer the below links and check if it helps you connecting your devices to remote connections.

Refer: How to use Remote Desktop

With Remote Desktop Connection, you can sit at a PC and connect to another PC in a different location (the remote PC). For example, you can sit at your home PC and connect to your work PC, and use all of your apps, files, and network resources as if you
    were sitting right in front of your work PC.

Refer: Remote Desktop Connection: frequently asked questions -
    Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

remote connection from different network

remote desktop connection

• What is the operating system of that remote computer? Exact version and edition please, for instance Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 8.1 Pro.
    • Is the remote computer on the same network than the client, the computer you are connecting from? For instance, are both computers on your home network?
    • Are the incoming remote connections enabled on the remote computer?

Kari, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

remote connection from different network

1. remote connection from different network - Similar Threads - remote connection different

2. Remote Login from different network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Login from different network: Hello! If I install Win 11 PRO on a laptop at work and enable Remote Login, can I take my other laptop home win 11 home and remote in to my laptop at work? The laptops will be on different networks. I thought I read somewhere that they have to be on the same network but I'm...
  3. Remote Login from different network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Login from different network: Hello! If I install Win 11 PRO on a laptop at work and enable Remote Login, can I take my other laptop home win 11 home and remote in to my laptop at work? The laptops will be on different networks. I thought I read somewhere that they have to be on the same network but I'm...
  4. Remote Desktop from different network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop from different network: I'm trying to connect my laptop to my home PC through remote desktop. I want to use the power of my home PC at school. The networks are different, so how do I connect across the internet? Thanks....
  5. Remote Desktop from different network

Remote Desktop from different network: I'm trying to connect my laptop to my home PC through remote desktop. I want to use the power of my home PC at school. The networks are different, so how do I connect across the internet? Thanks....
  6. Remote Desktop through different network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop through different network: Hello,I'm trying to use Microsoft RD to connect to my home PC remotely.It all works when making a connection on the same network, but when I try to connect from a different network I always some sort of an error message.I'll mention that I CAN connect remotely using the...
  7. Remote Desktop through different network

Remote Desktop through different network: Hello,I'm trying to use Microsoft RD to connect to my home PC remotely.It all works when making a connection on the same network, but when I try to connect from a different network I always some sort of an error message.I'll mention that I CAN connect remotely using the...
  8. connection issues with Remote Desktop in different areas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connection issues with Remote Desktop in different areas: when I'm home I can connect to my pc anywhere with my MacBook in my house but when I go to school and connect to it with my MacBook, it said error code 0x204 which is telling me that remote desktop is not turned on, the pc is not turned on, or its not connected to internet...
  9. connection issues with Remote Desktop in different areas

connection issues with Remote Desktop in different areas: when I'm home I can connect to my pc anywhere with my MacBook in my house but when I go to school and connect to it with my MacBook, it said error code 0x204 which is telling me that remote desktop is not turned on, the pc is not turned on, or its not connected to internet...
  10. Can't connect to Remote Desktop from outside the network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to Remote Desktop from outside the network: Hi! Since corona virus kicked in, most people work from home now and so am I. I used Remote Desktop almost every day and it worked perfectly, and last few days, when I try to connect to my work PC from outside the network, I get error notification 0x204 and says to check if...