Windows 10: Remote Connection in Windows 10, some questions

Discus and support Remote Connection in Windows 10, some questions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran the recent update for windows 10 a while ago, a couple of days I think. I checked my remote connection settings today and they were enabled, this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SusieVickers, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Remote Connection in Windows 10, some questions

I ran the recent update for windows 10 a while ago, a couple of days I think. I checked my remote connection settings today and they were enabled, this was a shock as I had initially turned them off. Did the update turn it back on? I have reset my computer to factory settings a few weeks back, could that have perhaps done that? Remote Connection in Windows 10, some questions 7f1a6c1a-2022-4a2d-849e-1188377eabe9?upload=true.png

Also is there any way to check if someone has remotely accessed my laptop?

:)

SusieVickers, Sep 13, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Arul_D Win User
    How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 13, 2020
  4. mlee49 Win User

Remote Connection in Windows 10, some questions

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Remote Connection in Windows 10, some questions

1. Remote Connection in Windows 10, some questions - Similar Threads - Remote Connection questions

2. Windows 10 remote access question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 remote access question: Hey folks. Some questions... I understand that I need Windows 10 Pro edition on the computer I will be accessing remotely. Does the laptop I will be using remotely need to have Windows 10 Pro as well in order to access the desktop at home? Or can it be Home edition? I can't...
  3. Some windows apps will not install remotely, some will

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some windows apps will not install remotely, some will: Hi. I am trying to download a few of my games from the Microsoft store remotely to my laptop. One of the games installed but another wont install. I thought that maybe the system was backed up with download requests so I thought I should wait but that didn't work. I...
  4. Remote desktop questions

Remote desktop questions: How well does remote desktop work? My desktop pc is connected to the network with Ethernet, but I want to try using my ipad or Windows laptop on the Wi-Fi to connect. How does it work with accessing files, watching videos, using Photoshop and other programs, or playing games?...
  5. Some questions

Some questions: So, I'm on Windows 1909 18363.449 x64 and I have some questions: I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I...
  6. Remote Desktop Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop Question: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on my laptop. I have a friend who is new to Windows and needs occasional help. If I upgrade her Windows 10 Home to Pro, I can use Remote Desktop to access her laptop and essentially take control (do updates, open apps, show her how to do...
  7. Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection: I'm having an issue here I'm hoping someone can help me with. I connect to a Remote Desktop Connection from home for work and for some reason, it's not allowing me to use dual monitors for the software. Hope this is in the right forum as well. I know about the Remote Desktop...
  8. Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection: I'm having an issue here I'm hoping someone can help me with. I connect to a Remote Desktop Connection from home for work and for some reason, it's not allowing me to use dual monitors for the software. Hope this is in the right forum as well. I know about the Remote Desktop...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection Explained - Question remote XP?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Remote Desktop Connection Explained - Question remote XP?: Hi. I just viewed Kari Finn's clearly explained Remote Desktop Connection on Win10 and how to connect to remote computer, thank you for that. Good job! In my case though, I use Win XP Home edition. Do I have to have Win XP Pro edition to connect on RDC to Win 10 host using...
  10. Some questions:

in Windows 10 Support
    Some questions:: Win10Pro-x64, i5 2500, 16GB RAM 1) TrustedInstalleiter: When will you finally make this system easily overridable? I'm not even master in my own system then? 2) UAC: Often I'm prevented from installing programs by UAC, same question: when will you make this finally...