Windows 10: Remote connection

Discus and support Remote connection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I tell if someone else has turned on and is using Remote Access to my computer? If I find they have this turned on, how can I turn it off?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NobyeDrumm, Sep 12, 2019 at 5:47 AM.

1. Remote connection

How can I tell if someone else has turned on and is using Remote Access to my computer?

If I find they have this turned on, how can I turn it off?

:)

2. mlee49 Win User

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

3. Arul_D Win User
    How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

4. Kari Win User

Remote connection

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Thema:

Remote connection

1. Remote connection - Similar Threads - Remote connection

2. Different Scaling while using Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Scaling while using Remote Desktop Connection: I am visually impaired, and because of this I use different scaling options then most other people. I have my screen resolution set to recommended at 2560 x 1440 with my scaling set to 150% I have messed with these settings for a while and have found that this works best for...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection error: Hi, Today I tried to connect my Android phone to my Windows 10 PC via Remote Desktop Connection and I've constantly encountered this error: "Because of a protocol error detected at the client (code 0x1104), this session will be disconnected. Please try connecting to the...
  4. How to disable ALL remote connection to my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable ALL remote connection to my computer?: Hello, I would like to find out how to be 100% sure that no remote connection is allowed to my computer? I have windows 10 Home, version 1903. Since I have the Home edition my understanding is "remote desktop" would be disabled. But when I do a search for "remote" on...
  5. Can't Connect Remote Desktop Since Update 1903

Can't Connect Remote Desktop Since Update 1903: Hi, After updating my windows 10 computers with the latest updates, i'm unable to connect via remote desktop to our 2012 R2 server. The issue started after a restart on the server lately. All other computers on the network are able to connect, including not updated Windows...
  6. Remote Desktop: How to block connections from the internet f. a user

Remote Desktop: How to block connections from the internet f. a user: Hi, I would like to know how to block Remote Desktop connections from the internet for a specific user. The user should be able to do Remote Desktop connections from the local network to the server but not from the internet. I don't want to block remote desktop connections...
  7. An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 News
    An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection is a very vague error message. It occurs mostly when a user is trying to connect to a remote computer. This could be caused by a weak network connection, an [...] This post An internal error...
  8. Remote Desktop Connect: The credentials that were used to connect to IP did not work.

Remote Desktop Connect: The credentials that were used to connect to IP did not work.: Hi, I am trying to use Remote Desktop Connect of Remote Desktop App to connect remotely to another computer. I find the other computer using its IP and am prompted for my credentials. When I enter my microsoft credentials, it tells me "The credentials that were used to...
  9. Issues while connecting to remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues while connecting to remote desktop connection: Hi! I have a trouble logging into my computer via LAN whenever the computer locks. I get the "Internal error occurred" error message. Since the computer to which I'm trying to connect is a PC, I tried setting it to never lock to go to sleep or lock. This doesn't seem to...
  10. Remote access connection

Remote access connection: I am trying to connect remotely to my Windows 10 Pro desktop from my android phone. I downloaded the app from the google play store and followed the directions to allow access. However whatever I put into the app on my phone for Host name or IP address and user name doesn't...