Windows 10: Remote connection

Discus and support Remote connection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I tell if someone else has turned on and is using Remote Access to my computer? If I find they have this turned on, how can I turn it off?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NobyeDrumm, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Remote connection

How can I tell if someone else has turned on and is using Remote Access to my computer?

If I find they have this turned on, how can I turn it off?

:)

NobyeDrumm, Sep 12, 2019
  2. mlee49 Win User

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Remote connection

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Thema:

Remote connection

1. Remote connection - Similar Threads - Remote connection

2. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.: My Pc Shuts down on its own and sometimes it gets restart on its own.I also receive certain patches when i am using remote desktop connection. I tried changing the graphic card,ram and motherboard,and also re-installed the windows on the same system. But that didnt solve the...
  3. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.: My Pc Shuts down on its own and sometimes it gets restart on its own.I also receive certain patches when i am using remote desktop connection. I tried changing the graphic card,ram and motherboard,and also re-installed the windows on the same system. But that didnt solve the...
  4. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue Screen when remoting connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when remoting connection: Hi Gentleman,I met a blue screen issue mostly when remoting connection to the PC. whatever using VNC or remote desktop or other applications.OS is windows 7the details are as below:- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [ Guid]...
  6. Blue Screen when remoting connection

Blue Screen when remoting connection: Hi Gentleman,I met a blue screen issue mostly when remoting connection to the PC. whatever using VNC or remote desktop or other applications.OS is windows 7the details are as below:- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [ Guid]...
  7. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  8. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  9. Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC: When I open the Remote Desktop window on my computer, I enter the computer name I want to connect to, as well as my domain name and username Domain\Username. After pressing connect, the UAC window from Windows Security appears to enter my password. At this point, the username...
  10. Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC

Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC: When I open the Remote Desktop window on my computer, I enter the computer name I want to connect to, as well as my domain name and username Domain\Username. After pressing connect, the UAC window from Windows Security appears to enter my password. At this point, the username...