Windows 10: Remote Control Windows 10 using Mac

Discus and support Remote Control Windows 10 using Mac in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using a Mac and I want to remotely control a Windows 10 laptop, but this is behind a router. So behind this router, there are several PCs but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kolinkorr839, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Remote Control Windows 10 using Mac

I am using a Mac and I want to remotely control a Windows 10 laptop, but this is behind a router. So behind this router, there are several PCs but I want to be able to control a specific Windows 10 laptop.

Currently, I am using Chrome Remote Desktop, but there are problems with this: (1) There is a time limit on how long to use this, (2) Every time I want to control the Windows 10 laptop, my friend has to generate the code and gives it to me which means he needs to always be in front of the laptop when we start, (3) There are certain things when going through the network settings that Chrome Remote Desktop seems to not be able to edit (it is hard to describe this without actually showing it), suffice to say, this product is limited in what I want.

So, the new solution that I am looking for should satisfy the following conditions:

1. I should be able to control the laptop independently without the need for my friend to be in front of the laptop. For example, he can be sleeping so the laptop will be in screen saver mode and I should be able to control it.
    2. His laptop is behind a router and he does not know how to do any port forwarding configuration.
    3. We are looking for a free product since I just need to control his laptop.

These are the products that I am looking at currently.

1. I am looking at Microsoft Remote Desktop with ZeroTier installed.
    2. Another one that I am looking at is AnyDesk which gives favorable reviews but again, not sure if this will work in my case. Also, I think it needs my friend to accept the remote control every time?
    3. The last one I saw is Teamviewer.

Anyhow, does anyone know which product will work in my use case? Thanks!

submitted by /u/kolinkorr839
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kolinkorr839, Sep 21, 2020

2. Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote Control $65

The Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote Control for $64.95 with free shipping. This remote features optimization for DVR (e.g., TiVo), programmable macros, and USB connectivity for both Macs and PCs.

List price: $149

joytime360, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 21, 2020
  4. larsvonk Win User

Remote Control Windows 10 using Mac

Use e71 to remote control itunes

Hi,

I have a mac mini (snow leopard) with itunes. I would like to remote control the itunes running on my mac mini using my e71, like the iRemote for the iphone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Lars Vonk

larsvonk, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Remote Control Windows 10 using Mac

1. Remote Control Windows 10 using Mac - Similar Threads - Remote Control using

2. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  3. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  4. unable to take remote control of MAC using windows 10- 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to take remote control of MAC using windows 10- 22h2: we have a client seeking help for req/ind they are from no-tech background We need to support them but we have windows and they have a make Teams , any desk,zoom only we have ready-only access what else gadgets you have to control mac using windows 10...
  5. unable to take remote control of MAC using windows 10- 22h2

unable to take remote control of MAC using windows 10- 22h2: we have a client seeking help for req/ind they are from no-tech background We need to support them but we have windows and they have a make Teams , any desk,zoom only we have ready-only access what else gadgets you have to control mac using windows 10...
  6. unable to take remote control of MAC using windows 10- 22h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to use remote windows desktop on mac system computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use remote windows desktop on mac system computer: I replaced my computer with a mac computer and my other computer is windows 10 professional, how do I use remote windows desktop to control my pc computer on my mac computer again?...
  8. How to use remote windows desktop on mac system computer

How to use remote windows desktop on mac system computer: I replaced my computer with a mac computer and my other computer is windows 10 professional, how do I use remote windows desktop to control my pc computer on my mac computer again?...
  9. Remote access phishing on Mac

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote access phishing on Mac: Hi, I fell for a phishing attack today, where I was tricked into accessing a remote pc server via the Microsoft rpc 10 Apple app on a Macbook. It was an AWS server. The attacker got access to a crypto wallet with a little money in it. I know, I am dumb and yes, I am...
  10. How to enable & use Microsoft Remote Desktop from Mac

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable & use Microsoft Remote Desktop from Mac: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every operating system comes with its own set of quirks and, Windows and Mac are no different. Choosing between the Windows and the Mac is not an easy task and, the choice between the two mostly depends on your usage [...] This post How to enable & use...