Windows 10: remote control

Discus and support remote control in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chuck carlos, Jul 31, 2022.

1. remote control

how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it

:)

chuck carlos, Jul 31, 2022

2. Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote Control $65

The Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote Control for $64.95 with free shipping. This remote features optimization for DVR (e.g., TiVo), programmable macros, and USB connectivity for both Macs and PCs.

List price: $149

joytime360, Jul 31, 2022
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 31, 2022
  4. tigger Win User

remote control

Remote Control

Which remote control is it?

tigger, Jul 31, 2022
Thema:

remote control

1. remote control - Similar Threads - remote control

2. Win10 Pro & Win11 Pro - How to set up unattended remote control between computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Pro & Win11 Pro - How to set up unattended remote control between computers: Hello,I need to set up the ability to remotely access and control multiple computers in my apartment. Neither the computers nor the network are business related, they are my own personal computers in my apartment. I have decided to relocate one of my laptops to my bedroom and...
  3. Win10 Pro & Win11 Pro - How to set up unattended remote control between computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Pro & Win11 Pro - How to set up unattended remote control between computers: Hello,I need to set up the ability to remotely access and control multiple computers in my apartment. Neither the computers nor the network are business related, they are my own personal computers in my apartment. I have decided to relocate one of my laptops to my bedroom and...
  4. My laptop is controlled remotely and I can’t control nothing!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is controlled remotely and I can’t control nothing!?: I’m facing a really strange virus or malware that’s controlling my laptop even when I clean installed windows wiped the hard drive even changed it and still the same every time I install windows I have the same virus setup and ready and I’m under a workgroup network when it’s...
  5. My laptop is controlled remotely and I can’t control nothing!?

My laptop is controlled remotely and I can’t control nothing!?: I’m facing a really strange virus or malware that’s controlling my laptop even when I clean installed windows wiped the hard drive even changed it and still the same every time I install windows I have the same virus setup and ready and I’m under a workgroup network when it’s...
  6. My laptop is controlled remotely and I can’t control nothing!?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I have been having issues with people remotely accessing and controlling my devices and my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been having issues with people remotely accessing and controlling my devices and my...: 2024-04-30 14:28:52, Info DISM API: PID=13816 TID=42616 DismApi.dll: - DismInitializeInternal 2024-04-30 14:28:52, Info DISM API: PID=13816 TID=42616 DismApi.dll: <----- Starting DismApi.dll session -----> - DismInitializeInternal 2024-04-30 14:28:52, Info DISM API: PID=13816...
  8. I have been having issues with people remotely accessing and controlling my devices and my...

I have been having issues with people remotely accessing and controlling my devices and my...: 2024-04-30 14:28:52, Info DISM API: PID=13816 TID=42616 DismApi.dll: - DismInitializeInternal 2024-04-30 14:28:52, Info DISM API: PID=13816 TID=42616 DismApi.dll: <----- Starting DismApi.dll session -----> - DismInitializeInternal 2024-04-30 14:28:52, Info DISM API: PID=13816...
  9. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  10. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...