Windows 10: Remote control

Discus and support Remote control in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need some help with remote control desktop. I have Win 10 Pro. I am trying to various family members with their pc's, which are Win 10 Home. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pmharskik, Jul 30, 2018.

1. pmharskik Win User

Remote control

I need some help with remote control desktop.

I have Win 10 Pro. I am trying to various family members with their pc's, which are Win 10 Home.

If they download the Remote Desktop app from the windows store, will i then be able to sign onto their computers?

Thanks.

pmh

:)

pmharskik, Jul 30, 2018

2. Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote Control $65

The Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote Control for $64.95 with free shipping. This remote features optimization for DVR (e.g., TiVo), programmable macros, and USB connectivity for both Macs and PCs.

List price: $149

joytime360, Jul 30, 2018
  3. tigger Win User
    Remote Control

Which remote control is it?

tigger, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Remote control

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Remote control

1. Remote control - Similar Threads - Remote control

2. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  3. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  4. Is my computer being remote controlled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my computer being remote controlled?: I saw this process on my computer named "8". Just a raw process named "8", the process had the picture of a command prompt, when I opened it up with the arrow next to it I saw a bunch of other processes some of which I recognized. There were multiple numbers like "7" and "6"...
  5. Is my computer being remote controlled?

Is my computer being remote controlled?: I saw this process on my computer named "8". Just a raw process named "8", the process had the picture of a command prompt, when I opened it up with the arrow next to it I saw a bunch of other processes some of which I recognized. There were multiple numbers like "7" and "6"...
  6. Configuration Manager Remote Control being Disconnected Every 10-60 seconds on Dell Rugged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configuration Manager Remote Control being Disconnected Every 10-60 seconds on Dell Rugged...: We did an enterprise tablet update via SCCM on Tuesday to a small application on our tablets. With the reboot, this ended up also including a host of other Microsoft Security Updates and Dell Updates. Immediately after, our tablets batteries were draining at double the speed...
  7. Configuration Manager Remote Control being Disconnected Every 10-60 seconds on Dell Rugged...

Configuration Manager Remote Control being Disconnected Every 10-60 seconds on Dell Rugged...: We did an enterprise tablet update via SCCM on Tuesday to a small application on our tablets. With the reboot, this ended up also including a host of other Microsoft Security Updates and Dell Updates. Immediately after, our tablets batteries were draining at double the speed...
  8. Configuration Manager Remote Control being Disconnected Every 10-60 seconds on Dell Rugged...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How do i use my remote control in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i use my remote control in windows: i have an issue where i want to use my bluetooth remote in windows 11 and when i connect does nothing just volume button works and some buttons work in browser like going back but how do i use navigation buttons and use my remote in windows 11 so i can use my pc from distance...
  10. How do i use my remote control in windows

How do i use my remote control in windows: i have an issue where i want to use my bluetooth remote in windows 11 and when i connect does nothing just volume button works and some buttons work in browser like going back but how do i use navigation buttons and use my remote in windows 11 so i can use my pc from distance...