Windows 10: remote desk top

Discus and support remote desk top in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two computers running windows 10; I would like to remote operate one from the other. Do I have upgrade both to windows 10 Pro, what are the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JC_1964, Feb 12, 2019.

1. JC_1964 Win User

remote desk top

I have two computers running windows 10; I would like to remote operate one from the other. Do I have upgrade both to windows 10 Pro, what are the steps to make the connection

thanks

:)

JC_1964, Feb 12, 2019

2. windows 10 remote desk top not wokring

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

Please check if there are any pending Windows updates and install them.

You may also run the in-built troubleshooter and check if it helps. Type control panel on the search tab in the task bar>type control panel> on the search tab (top right corner)>type troubleshooting> on the right>click on view all>choose hardware and devices>
    follow the on screen steps.

If the issue persists, try this:

After running Troubleshooter follow the below steps.
    • Type Remote Desktop in search bar.
    • Select Remote Desktop app and open it.
    • In the bottom you will see a button as Show Options.
    • Click on Show Options, you will see the options to enter your credentials.
    • Enter the credentials and click on Connect.
    • Check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Remote desk top

Hello community. First i want say u guys are so helpfull. The advice u have given has really thank u all. I now have another Question. How do i connect to my pc using remote desk top on another pc when i'm not at home when i want to veiw my email. And i
    actually have another question every time i turn on my pc i get an error message page can't be displaced can't use my pc every thing plug in could it a nic card how can i fix and also a message about net work hardware not detected

***Post moved to the appropriate category by the forum moderator***

larrycurryxc, Feb 12, 2019
  4. remote desk top

Remote desk top

Hi Larry,

Let's start with your first concern. You can visit How to use Remote Desktop for steps on how to properly set
    up and use Remote Desktop. About your other concern, we need more information so that we can identify the cause of the issue. Where does the error message "Can't be displayed" appears? Regarding the NIC, what exactly happens when you try to plug in a network
    cable? (freezes/hangs)

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

remote desk top

1. remote desk top - Similar Threads - remote desk top

2. WIN 11 and Remote Desk Top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11 and Remote Desk Top: Will win 11 support Remote Desk Top? Is it included in the install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-and-remote-desk-top/daff9602-d7bd-4892-9db9-b5d91ea3f157
  3. WIN 11 and Remote Desk Top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 11 and Remote Desk Top: Will win 11 support Remote Desk Top? Is it included in the install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-and-remote-desk-top/daff9602-d7bd-4892-9db9-b5d91ea3f157
  4. Remote Desk top connection problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desk top connection problem: I have three desktop computers connected to my wired LAN and in the same network group. They are all connected to one keyboard, mouse, and screen via 4 port KVM switch. Today, I tried to set up Remote Desktop access on all three computers, so I could also access/run each...
  5. desk top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top: My old desk top with the icon and info is disapperaed ps help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/c2f6e620-5b0b-4993-a40c-b9aea2f71dda
  6. desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top: my desk top display changed from the display where the desktop showed google chrome, trash, Kindle etc.. They are now in the taskbar. How do I change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/0d4d4504-e4f6-468d-bebb-da280d3e690a
  7. Remote desk top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desk top: I installed 10 pro on my office computer so I could do remote connection out of network and installed desktop client on my laptop. I had my internet company set up port forwarding on my router but I still cannot connect to my computer. What now!!!...
  8. desk top

desk top: while trying to copy pictures to put on a flash drive i have somehow put them on my desktop, how do i remove them and not delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/1281a9bf-36ba-4ad2-8803-513bf653ef54
  9. Desk top

Desk top: my desk top has disappeared. All the icons have disappeared. I can log onto the computer into my area of use, but once in nothing comes up. When you click on the home button - it does nit bring up any thing just a whirling ball? Is this my computer going faulty or...
  10. Desk Top

Desk Top: HI, I'm hoping someone can help me? All my program file icons on the desktop and in the start menu have gone. The programs them self's are still on the pc and working fine as I had pinned some to the task bar and these are still there and the programs open with no issues...