Windows 10: Remote Desktoip Color Depth - how to adjust

Discus and support Remote Desktoip Color Depth - how to adjust in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm attempting to increase the color depth of a remote connection but not getting anywhere. Google offers two suggestions: 1) On the RD Session... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by James1093, Sep 27, 2019.

1. James1093 Win User

Remote Desktoip Color Depth - how to adjust

Hi,

I'm attempting to increase the color depth of a remote connection but not getting anywhere.
    Google offers two suggestions:

1) On the RD Session Host server, open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration. To open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, point to Remote Desktop Services, and then click Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration.

But after I get to "Administrative Tools" there is no "Remote Desktop Services" to be found.

2.This Group Policy setting is located in Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Remote Session Environment

But I can't find where this is or how to get to it.

Thanks for any help.

:)

James1093, Sep 27, 2019

2. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 27, 2019
  3. JGBK Win User
    color depth

How do I change the color depth to 16-bit on windows 10

4. azzrock Win User

Screen Color Depth

I am confused with these

What is the difference with a 256K and a 262K color depths?

azzrock, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Remote Desktoip Color Depth - how to adjust - Similar Threads - Remote Desktoip Color

2. How to adjust color tone warmer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to adjust color tone warmer?: I would like to know on how to adjust color tone warmer under window 7Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-adjust-color-tone-warmer/d60823a0-5d1b-42fb-af49-86d945d2c59f
  3. How to adjust color tone warmer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to adjust color tone warmer?: I would like to know on how to adjust color tone warmer under window 7Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-adjust-color-tone-warmer/d60823a0-5d1b-42fb-af49-86d945d2c59f
  4. Changing Color Depth on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing Color Depth on Windows 10?: I have a Dell Inspiron 3583 laptop, and the Display Information in Settings lists my color depth as 6-bit. However, under List All Modes for my graphics driver, a color depth of 32 bits is listed, so I was wondering if I could increase the color depth of my monitor. If I'm...
  5. How to change Color Depth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Color Depth?: When I connect the HDMI out on my laptop to my Samsung TV, the TV displays the error message "mode not supported". For Samsung TV's, this means the TV is receiving a signal at a resolution the TV is not capable of producing. My laptop is set to a resolution that I know...
  6. screen color bit depth

screen color bit depth: my screen resolution on my Toshiba laptop looks like old time 8bit color with lots of distortion how do I get a better color depth display adpter is an intel 4600 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-color-bit-depth/a40f3cdb-cf31-4459-92f0-92d644026d7a
  7. Remote Desktop Color Depth - how to adjust

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Color Depth - how to adjust: Hi, I'm attempting to increase the color depth of a remote connection but not getting anywhere. Google offers two suggestions: 1) On the RD Session Host server, open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration. To open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration, click Start,...
  8. color depth

in Windows 10 Customization
    color depth: How do I change the color depth to 16-bit on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-depth/8ebdc1aa-f600-4cf7-bc40-2cc994eb2fa5
  9. Bit Depth (Color Depth) of my display is too low

Bit Depth (Color Depth) of my display is too low: Hey, When I install Intel UHD Graphics Driver, Windows 10 reports the bit depth to be 6 bits only..Please refer to the below screenshot When I uninstall Intel UHD Graphics Driver, bit depth increases to 8 bits... Why is this so? And even 8 bits is too low......
  10. Color adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color adjustment: Help! I've made a total mess of the color settings trying to get a better image. I'd be better off if I could put them back to the original settings. Can anyone tell me How to reset the color setting without messing anything else up?...