Windows 10: Remote Desktop access to Always On VPN client

Discus and support Remote Desktop access to Always On VPN client in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a number of Always On VPN clients using system tunnels configured at our site...and it would be helpful to be able to connect via remote desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jperkins71, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop access to Always On VPN client

I have a number of Always On VPN clients using system tunnels configured at our site...and it would be helpful to be able to connect via remote desktop to the Always On VPN clients.

Is there a way to get the RDP listener to listen for connections on the Always-On VPN interface? The RDP listener is aware of the wireless, wired and VPN link from a 3rd party VPN client installed on these remote devices, but the Always On VPN interface is not listed as a valid interface to listen on. The Always On VPN interface does not show up in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\lanatable adding the interface to this list would likely fix the issue.

:)

jperkins71, Apr 22, 2020

2. WM6.5 - Remote desktop over VPN

So i am trying to access a server on my network using my MW6.5 remote desktop over a VPN-connection

These are the issues i have:

• Remote desktop connects locally but not remote
    • VPN is working for Active Sync but not Remote Desktop
    • I have tried to access the remote client using only Remote desktop, and also tried to start the VPN-connection manually but there is no go
    Remote desktop works perfectly locally but as soon as i am outside the network it don't work.
    I use the same VPN-settings as for my Active Sync (pushmail from my exchange) and i am also trying to access the exchange server... that is, the same IP is used for both Active Sync and Remote Desktop.

I would guess that since Active Sync activelly start the VPN-connection when it tries to sync my email Remote Desktop would do the same when i use it - but no!

I am using a localized HTC HD Mini (swedish), we have a cisco VPN-concentrator, server is running Windows Server 2008 R2. I would like to know how to make this work.
    (if i missed some info needed i will supply what is asked for)

Robert Österlund, Apr 22, 2020
  3. eeps24 Win User
    Best FREE vpn client? Need to connect to my home VPN

I created a remote access VPN (l2tp/ipsec) on my router at my house. If I want to connect to my VPN server remotely ,what do you suggest as a good free vpn client?

I know windows 10 has a built in vpn client, but would I notice any improvments (speed, stability, etc) using like cisco anywhere connect or any other free vpn clients?

eeps24, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Remote Desktop access to Always On VPN client

Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

So here's the skinny.

I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support.

Notes:

- I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a Windows 7 Enterprise computer. Both are capable of multi-monitor through the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) client
    built into Windows.

- Both computers have two monitors - that is, I have two monitors on my work computer and two monitors on my home computer.

- Given that this is a work computer that I am remoting into, I
    don't want to use port forwarding
    for this connection, I want to use a VPN connection.

Can this be done? Can I use a VPN connection through the RDC program in Windows 10 in order to get multi-monitor support? Do I need to add a VPN connection to the VPN client in my Windows 10 or can I just go through the RDC program? How do I set it up? What
    information do I need to put where?

If not, is there a work around? Do I need to find a VPN client that supports multi-monitor work? Does anyone know of any good ones?

Thanks in advance for helping!

Quickchill, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop access to Always On VPN client

1. Remote Desktop access to Always On VPN client - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop access

2. Can't remote desktop to any server on the network over VPN Azure Vpn Client.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remote desktop to any server on the network over VPN Azure Vpn Client.: I had this issue before and tried to do a diagnostic. All the ports required are open and other users are able to connect. This device was able to connect for several months until now. Nothing seems to fix this issue other than a full wipe of the device which does not benefit...
  3. Can't remote desktop to any server on the network over VPN Azure Vpn Client.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remote desktop to any server on the network over VPN Azure Vpn Client.: I had this issue before and tried to do a diagnostic. All the ports required are open and other users are able to connect. This device was able to connect for several months until now. Nothing seems to fix this issue other than a full wipe of the device which does not benefit...
  4. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug with Remote Desktop Client: Hi, I have been trying to trace a bug that has been happening within our organisation for the last month or so. Users started reporting that when they login to RDP sessions internal or external if they are required to enter there credentials the MSTSC client just sits and...
  5. VPN remote access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN remote access: Hi all, I am new to the platform. I was very excited to find the group. I've been given a situation of cleaning up a contractors config and they arent being very forthcoming, so any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have a situation with WIndows 10 pro laptops with mapped...
  6. Best remote desktop client for accessing a Mac?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best remote desktop client for accessing a Mac?: I'm using Windows for the first time in a very long time and want to use a remote desktop to access my MacBook on the same screen. What's the best remote desktop client to do that? Just Microsoft's remote desktop? I'm using Parsec for gaming on this computer on my Mac and...
  7. Remote Desktop through VPN

Remote Desktop through VPN: I have a problem connecting to my remote pc via VPN. I have the same vpn server connected from phone and remote pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-through-vpn/f238f858-2e14-4c5f-a1d6-c5432901c0a8
  8. VPN and remote access

VPN and remote access: Hello all, It is possible to VPN to a secondary network while using my local network's internet connection AND keep the ability to remote to machines on the secondary network? Accomplishing the first two steps in not and issue....
  9. Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...
  10. Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...