Windows 10: Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

Discus and support Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to make local devices connected to my laptop (i.e. HP scanner) accessible in my Remote Desktop Connection. I am running WIN10 Pro. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidMales, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

I would like to make local devices connected to my laptop (i.e. HP scanner) accessible in my Remote Desktop Connection. I am running WIN10 Pro. I cannot locate the Remote Desktop Connections dialogue box that would allow me to specify which Local Resources I want to configure/access.

Perhaps it is because the laptop is managed by a remote Administrator that I cannot see/find this dialogue box. Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Dave M.

:)

DavidMales, Apr 20, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 20, 2019
  3. KamranRZ Win User
    Remote Desktop App - share resources

Using the Remote Desktop App from the Store I have not been able to share resources of the host computer with the remote desktop.

No such option is available and it seems like one cannot share the local drives with the remote desktop.

Is this a limitation of the app?

KamranRZ, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

What's new in Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview v10.1.847.0

The Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app is a designed to help you get your work done wherever you are. You can connect to remote Windows PCs or resources made available to you by your admin and be productive as if these resources were running locally.

Features
    • Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server
    • Access remote resources published by your IT admin
    • Connect remotely through a Remote Desktop Gateway
    • Rich multi-touch experience with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and RemoteFX supporting Windows gestures
    • Secure connection to your data and applications
    • Simple management of your connections from the connection center
    • High quality video and audio streaming
    • Connect from your phone or using Continuum for Phone

What's New in Version 847:
    • Added an extension to the on-screen keyboard with additional keys
    • Added the ability to pin desktops and remote resources to Start
    • Desktop connections are now available in the app's recent list
    • Bug fixes

Source and Download: Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app - Windows Store

Brink, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

1. Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Accessing

2. Calibre Server Accessible Locally but not Remotely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Calibre Server Accessible Locally but not Remotely: I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 2004 So if I type my localip:port in my browser Calibre pops right up on my network.....but when testing my ISPip:port in browser, it just says my computer "Refused to connect". I tried 2 different ports, both the default and then one I...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password

Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password: I setup all the computers in my house to have the same username and no password - all of them boot up and go directly to the desktop without any need to login. Each one is a Local Account and is Administrator. When I setup remote desktop under User Accounts it specifically...
  4. Remote Desktop Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Access: My computer isn't discoverable by other networks. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-access/bf8dd71e-9162-4d54-884a-97dec0fd91c4
  5. Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections

Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections: I recently installed an update and my local Windows installation stopped accepting Remote Desktop connections. I followed some of the steps I found in similar questions in this forum without success: Added RDesktop to the allowed applications in the Windows Firewall, and...
  6. Remote desktop connection drop, local network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote desktop connection drop, local network: System, Windows10 pro RD connection drop randomly after some minutes 15', 30' changes. I reconnect and continue. Perhaps, it's related about connection speed. If I use internet, drop probability increase. If driver problem, which driver? thank you, Günlük Adı: System...
  7. Local Admin Rights & Remote Desktop Access Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Admin Rights & Remote Desktop Access Permission: Hello All, Good morning! In my environment now a days its difficult to manage granting Local Admin Rights and RDP access to the particular users on their particular host , as the GPO size is increasing to assign separate policy though "Restricted Group" settings. Even I...
  8. Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.: I am setting up an HTPC in my basement that also will serve as my media server. My goal is to have the computer locally signed in as a normal user, displayed on the TV. But my concern is, will I be able to remotely sign into my “Plex” user and leave the viewer unaffected...
  9. No Access to Remote Desktop

No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop and is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...
  10. No Access to Remote Desktop

No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...