Windows 10: Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

Discus and support Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to make local devices connected to my laptop (i.e. HP scanner) accessible in my Remote Desktop Connection. I am running WIN10 Pro. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidMales, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

I would like to make local devices connected to my laptop (i.e. HP scanner) accessible in my Remote Desktop Connection. I am running WIN10 Pro. I cannot locate the Remote Desktop Connections dialogue box that would allow me to specify which Local Resources I want to configure/access.

Perhaps it is because the laptop is managed by a remote Administrator that I cannot see/find this dialogue box. Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Dave M.

:)

DavidMales, Apr 20, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 20, 2019
  3. KamranRZ Win User
    Remote Desktop App - share resources

Using the Remote Desktop App from the Store I have not been able to share resources of the host computer with the remote desktop.

No such option is available and it seems like one cannot share the local drives with the remote desktop.

Is this a limitation of the app?

KamranRZ, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

What's new in Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview v10.1.847.0

The Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app is a designed to help you get your work done wherever you are. You can connect to remote Windows PCs or resources made available to you by your admin and be productive as if these resources were running locally.

Features
    • Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server
    • Access remote resources published by your IT admin
    • Connect remotely through a Remote Desktop Gateway
    • Rich multi-touch experience with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and RemoteFX supporting Windows gestures
    • Secure connection to your data and applications
    • Simple management of your connections from the connection center
    • High quality video and audio streaming
    • Connect from your phone or using Continuum for Phone

What's New in Version 847:
    • Added an extension to the on-screen keyboard with additional keys
    • Added the ability to pin desktops and remote resources to Start
    • Desktop connections are now available in the app's recent list
    • Bug fixes

Source and Download: Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app - Windows Store

Brink, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

1. Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Accessing

2. Remote access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote access: I unfortunately allowed someone maintaining they were from BT Openreach and they were trying to get me to make a payment through my bank. Very fortunately this was not successful and no damage appears to have been done I am now concerned that they may be able to still...
  3. remote access

remote access: Does remote access on Windows 10 give full permissions to the remote user? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/7663c4b3-6907-43f5-97af-c39c5a105630"
  4. Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!): This is one of the strangest things and it started on Monday (or at least that's when I first noticed it). When I try to remote into a machine and I give it the login name, normally it will pop up a window asking for the password. It's sort of doing that, but I can't see or...
  5. Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!): This is one of the strangest things and it started on Monday (or at least that's when I first noticed it). When I try to remote into a machine and I give it the login name, normally it will pop up a window asking for the password. It's sort of doing that, but I can't see or...
  6. No Access to Remote Desktop

No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop and is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...
  7. No Access to Remote Desktop

No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...
  8. remote access

remote access: I am beginning to feel uncomfortable it seems someone set up an anonymous account on my laptop and a workforce group in my networks. and somehow removed the certificate from my security software which is new. when I signed in they told me the certifate wasn't active. I paid...
  9. Remote desktop access windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop access windows 10: Hi, How can i unenable the remote desktop acess windows 10? And does it work without wifi? What happened is as i browse something on google for youtube to mp3 converter sudd3nly theres a pop up error message that states i have to call microsoft. And they gave a number...
  10. Can't access remote laptop desktop

Can't access remote laptop desktop: I have a big tower computer with an ASUS mobo, and an ASUS U50f laptop, both machines running Win 10 Creators Pro, and successfully private-networked together wirelessly via a Linksys E1200 modem. I can run remote desktop on the laptop to access & use the tower, but not...