Windows 10: Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred

Discus and support Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am currently receiving the "an internal error has occurred" error. However, it only happens from one particular PC when it tries to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stefan_278, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred

I am currently receiving the "an internal error has occurred" error. However, it only happens from one particular PC when it tries to connect to another. For simplicities sake let's say PC A cannot connect to PC BAll other PCs on the network can connect to PC B.I can connect from PC A to the other PCs on the network.PC B can even connect to PC A.The only place the issue exists is when A tries to connect to B.All PCs running Windows 10, except for PC B.I have confirmed remote connections are enabled and the user is allowed access.Network level authentication is off.I have rebooted all computers

:)

Stefan_278, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Raniel V. Win User

Remote Desktop Connection - An internal error has occurred

Good day! I'm Raniel, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Kindly perform the steps on these articles and see if it resolves your issue with Remote Desktop Connection:

https://appuals.com/fix-remote-desktop-connecti...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/an-internal-erro...

I hope this helps.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Raniel V., Nov 28, 2022
  3. SQLJR Win User
    Remote Desktop Error "Internal Error occurred"

*Original Title:
    Remote Desktop Error

Hi all

I have Just Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro.

I Remote to Server 2012r2 A lot through a VPN.

I haven't been able to connect Since the upgrade.

Tried to turn off the firewall still Keep getting the error "Internal Error occurred"

SQLJR, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred

Remote Desktop Connection - An internal error has occurred

Hi Raniel,

Many a thanks for your reply. Regarding link 1, Fix: Remote Desktop Connection 'Internal Error has Occurred',
    I have tried all but point no 3. (change MTU value) not very sure if that can help as current MTU value is 1500 and the recommended is 1458. Rest all options tried but in vain.

Regarding second link https://www.thewindowsclub.com/an-internal-error-has-occurred-error-for-remote-desktop-connection/ this
    guy has mentioned 4 points.

1. Surprisingly the first point contradicts with the solution above. In the first link they say "Make sure that check the option that says Reconnect if the connection is dropped."
    However the second one says "
    Uncheck the option that says Reconnect if the connection is dropped."

2. Does not apply since I am not using VPN

3. Not applicable as I am not using any domain

4. Local Security Policy updated.

Still having the same problem. However now I have found an interesting pattern. I am able to RDP to another server and from that server I can connect to the first one using same account. But the moment I try to connect to first server using RDP I get An
    Internal Error Occurred message.

Is there any way to check logs ?

Thanks

Bhavesh

Bhavesh Gaur, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred

1. Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop internal

2. Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred: I am currently receiving the "an internal error has occurred" error. However, it only happens from one particular PC when it tries to connect to another. For simplicities sake let's say PC A cannot connect to PC BAll other PCs on the network can connect to PC B.I can connect...
  3. Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred: I am currently receiving the "an internal error has occurred" error. However, it only happens from one particular PC when it tries to connect to another. For simplicities sake let's say PC A cannot connect to PC BAll other PCs on the network can connect to PC B.I can connect...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection - An internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop Connection - An internal error has occurred: Hi, I am using Win 10 Pro and trying to connect to a server using Remote Desktop. I was able to use it on my previous laptop without issue. However with the new laptop everytime I try to connect I am getting "An Internal Error has occurred". Can some one let me know how...
  5. An internal error has occurred

An internal error has occurred: When I use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my server, it usually connects just fine. But sometimes I get the error: "An internal error has occurred." I keep trying (like 20 times) and I keep getting the error. So I change the Display configuration (that is, the size...
  6. An internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Support
    An internal error has occurred: When I use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my server, it usually connects just fine. But sometimes I get the error: "An internal error has occurred." I keep trying (like 20 times) and I keep getting the error. So I change the Display configuration (that is, the size...
  7. An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only).

An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only).: A couple of months ago, I started getting the error message "An internal error occurred" when connecting through an IPSec tunnel to all Windows 10 machines, a Windows 7 machine and a Windows 2008 R2 server machine. (every machine on the network). I can connect within the...
  8. An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 News
    An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection is a very vague error message. It occurs mostly when a user is trying to connect to a remote computer. This could be caused by a weak network connection, an [...] This post An internal error...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection "An internal error has occured" when try to connect to a local...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Connection "An internal error has occured" when try to connect to a local...: Hi Support, Recently I have faced with an error when try to connect to a local server using remote desktop. This issue occurs when I have updates my windows 10 with a new updates. Kindly assist on how to solve this issues. [ATTACH]...
  10. remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred

remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred: hi all. me need help for fix Error : remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred Win 10 En x64 [img] 31166