Windows 10: Remote Desktop and Lock Screen

Discus and support Remote Desktop and Lock Screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! I have a trouble logging into my computer via LAN whenever the computer locks. I get the "Internal error occurred" error message. Since the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by YuvalO1, Jul 17, 2019.

1. YuvalO1 Win User

Remote Desktop and Lock Screen

Hi!

I have a trouble logging into my computer via LAN whenever the computer locks. I get the "Internal error occurred" error message.

Since the computer to which I'm trying to connect is a PC, I tried setting it to never lock to go to sleep or lock. This doesn't seem to work - usually after a day windows gets locked anyway.

I found somewhere the following solution:

Start Menu->Local Group Policy -> ‘Edit group policy’, then navigating to the following directory:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Security

On the right-hand side. Locating the ‘Require use of specific security layer for remote (RDP) connections’ and double-clicking it to edit it.

Selected 'Enabled' and then in front of Security Layer, chose RDP.

This worked for a little bit (I was able to connect even when the computer was locked) and then stopped working.

So I guess this is a two-part question - first, why does window keeps locking the screen even though I set screen and sleep settings to 'never'? And second, why can't I connect to the computer when the computer is locked?

I am using windows 10, v10.0.17134.

Thanks in advance!

Yuval

:)

YuvalO1, Jul 17, 2019

2. Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session

Hi All,

I've just recently started using Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop

When I remote to another device, say a PC. This causes the PC to automatically go to the lock screen. This seems to be default. I can still remotely access the PC, everything is fine except the person at the PC can only see a locked screen.

Is there any way of keeping the desktop on the PC active and view-able while the remote session is underway instead of it going to lock screen?

Thanks

Cosmic Ray, Jul 17, 2019
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 17, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop and Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Lock

2. Lock screen via Microsoft Remote Desktop shows no way to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen via Microsoft Remote Desktop shows no way to sign in: Hi there,On one of my Windows 11 Pro machines, I am having a strange problem:I successfully connect via Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS and the session is automatically signed in.When I'm away for a while, the machine switches to the lock screen but there are no buttons or...
  3. Lock screen via Microsoft Remote Desktop shows no way to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen via Microsoft Remote Desktop shows no way to sign in: Hi there,On one of my Windows 11 Pro machines, I am having a strange problem:I successfully connect via Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS and the session is automatically signed in.When I'm away for a while, the machine switches to the lock screen but there are no buttons or...
  4. Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen: The setup. the user has locked his computer and went home for the day. When he gets home, he tries to remote his computer. So, he uses MS RDP to connect to the computer. Both computers are windows 11 and in the same domain. He puts the remote computer name in the RDP client...
  5. Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen: The setup. the user has locked his computer and went home for the day. When he gets home, he tries to remote his computer. So, he uses MS RDP to connect to the computer. Both computers are windows 11 and in the same domain. He puts the remote computer name in the RDP client...
  6. Remote Desktop Dual Monitors Lock Screen Sign in screen ISSUES won't connect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Dual Monitors Lock Screen Sign in screen ISSUES won't connect: Issue is with dual display ONLY. Connects fine if remote PC is on desktop Connects fine using 1 display in all scenarios * Will NOT connect if remote PC is in "Lock Screen" * Will NOT connect if remote PC is in "Sign In Screen" [ATTACH] Because of a protocol error...
  7. Remote Desktop - How to Increase Lock Timeout

Remote Desktop - How to Increase Lock Timeout: I am on Windows 10 Enterprise. I use Remote Desktop Connection to remote into Windows 2012 and Window 2016 Servers and often move back and forth between my machine one or more remote servers. The timeout period, before the RDC forces me to re-enter my password seems very...
  8. Remote Desktop - Not showing lock screen when an RDP user is connected

Remote Desktop - Not showing lock screen when an RDP user is connected: Hello, I have an employee that needs to RDP into their office desktop computer. They can do this fine currently. However, my problem is that the office desktop The endpoint computer does not show the lock screen when the employee connects to their office desktop. The...
  9. Remote Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop black screen: After installing update 1903 on second computer I get a black screen when remote desktop connects. Tried rolling back video driver which took me back to a Microsoft basic driver from 2006 but only offers 1024x768 for best setting. This causes programs to be so large you can...
  10. Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session

Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session: Hi All, I've just recently started using Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop When I remote to another device, say a PC. This causes the PC to automatically go to the lock screen. This seems to be default. I can still remotely access the PC, everything is fine except the person...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock remote desktop

2. how to lock remote desktop screen

3. remote desktop pc locked

4. remote session lock screen