Windows 10: Remote Desktop App Not Updating

Discus and support Remote Desktop App Not Updating in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a couple of computers on which the Remote Desktop App refuses to update. Most of them seem to be stuck on version 10.1.893.0 Current version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeKul, Mar 25, 2017.

1. MikeKul Win User

Remote Desktop App Not Updating

I have a couple of computers on which the Remote Desktop App refuses to update.
    Most of them seem to be stuck on version 10.1.893.0
    Current version is 10.1.970.0
    Uninstalling or resetting the app installs version 6.3.9600
    Just updated one machine with the Creators Update and still stuck on version 6.3.9600
    Anybody seen this before?

:)

MikeKul, Mar 25, 2017

2. revert from Remote Desktop App from version 10.1.874.0 to 6.3.9600.16419

Hi Stijn,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if Remote desktop app is updated properly or there is change in the app.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Remote Desktop app from Windows Store. Check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/apps/remote-desktop/9wzdncrfj3ps

Please get back to us with an update on issues with using Remote desktop app in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 25, 2017
  3. Squimjay Win User
    Shift, CRTL keys no working with Modern Remote Desktop

The Remote Desktop Preview app is where they test new features coming out that will be rolled out later to the main Remote Desktop app. So eventually the Preview app version that just came out will replace the current version of the Remote Desktop app.

Squimjay, Mar 25, 2017
  4. Remote Desktop App Not Updating

Do you mean that a cycle/manual check for updates in the store reveals an update is available for the remote app but when you choose to update it then it fails - or it just doesn't find an update at all? If it's the latter then I have seen this before with other apps. Facebook for example I have seen an app update available following a manual check on one of my machines but the other machine doesn't get it til days later. I don't know why it sometimes occurs and it's very irritating but I'd say be patient as the update will eventually come to you.

Scottyboy99, Mar 25, 2017
  5. MikeKul Win User
    I have no problems installing the app.
    It just never appears as an update on some computers.
    It's like they cannot see that a new version of the app is available.
    And if I uninstall & reinstall it reverts to the version that came with the anniversary update.

MikeKul, Mar 25, 2017
  6. MikeKul Win User
    My machine with Windows version 15063 just updated itself to the current version of the app.
    Just decided to take its time.

MikeKul, Mar 27, 2017
  7. Yep seems to be a Microsoft thing. I just got the same this morning with camera app. One machine found and installed the update, the other is not seeing any update at all. Sure is annoying and baffled why it happens on the odd occasion but it'll come through eventually!

Scottyboy99, Mar 27, 2017
  8. MikeKul Win User

Took something like 3 months with this app.*Sad

MikeKul, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop App Not Updating - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop App

2. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop App: So I'm trying to set up the remote desktop app on my iOS device it goes to connect to my pc fine but then asks for a user account but no matter how I type it it doesn't work.I log in to my PC with a Microsoft account not a local account.I tried creating a random local account...
  3. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Remote Desktop App: So I'm trying to set up the remote desktop app on my iOS device it goes to connect to my pc fine but then asks for a user account but no matter how I type it it doesn't work.I log in to my PC with a Microsoft account not a local account.I tried creating a random local account...
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop App: I have two versions of Microsoft Remote DesktopPC1- Version 10.2.1817.0PC2- Version 1.2.3130.0 x64The 10.2.x version includes capability to add 'PCs' & 'Workspaces' as opposed to the 1.2.x which only allows adding 'Workspaces'. Has adding PCs been removed in in later version...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

Microsoft Remote Desktop App: I have two versions of Microsoft Remote DesktopPC1- Version 10.2.1817.0PC2- Version 1.2.3130.0 x64The 10.2.x version includes capability to add 'PCs' & 'Workspaces' as opposed to the 1.2.x which only allows adding 'Workspaces'. Has adding PCs been removed in in later version...
  6. Remote Desktop app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop app: I am trying to move away from Remote Desktop Connection Manager since it no longer receives updates or support. I downloaded the new Remote Desktop RD for Windows to give it a try. I have downloaded RD on macOS on a few machines and really like it. But, I noticed that on...
  7. Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?: Hello, I have tried a couple of things to make Remote Desktop Connection work with no results. I verified my firewall and that Remote Desktop was checked, I pinged my works router while connected to the VPN and it works, I unchecked the "only allow connections from...
  8. Remote Desktop App

Remote Desktop App: Does Microsoft have a free remote access app? [Original Title: Apps] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-app/001b4ce3-56de-414c-849d-2268cf01dc1c
  9. Remote Desktop App Stuck Updating

Remote Desktop App Stuck Updating: There seems to be a problem with the Remote Desktop Store App. It is stuck on downloading the update. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but problem still persists. [ATTACH]...
  10. Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10: How to: Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 How to Remove a Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your...