Windows 10: Remote Desktop Black/Transparent Glitch

Discus and support Remote Desktop Black/Transparent Glitch in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a RDP server that hosts RDP sessions for my users on Windows 10. On rare occasions, there are specific people that encounter a bug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Evan1, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Evan1 Win User

Remote Desktop Black/Transparent Glitch

Hello all, I have a RDP server that hosts RDP sessions for my users on Windows 10. On rare occasions, there are specific people that encounter a bug with RD that we have not found the solution to. Spontaneously, their Remote Desktop will have either a black box or transparent box (that allows them to see into their local computer as if it was a window) on the top 1/3 of their screen. We can not touch anything inside of the box, but can play about with applications at the bottom of the screen. I have not encountered this personally, but I have been assigned to finding the resolution with no known way to replicate the scenario. From what I know, it occurs randomly to specific users since November 2020. Display adapters have been updated along with any further updates in Windows. The only known quick fix is to close out of remote desktop and reconnect. Has anyone else come across this bug? Any ideas? I can't find much on it. Thank you, Evan - - - Updated - - - In addition to the above, We have given one user a new PC and new monitors. The issue persists so I'm thinking the issue would have to lay with something that follows the user specifically since it continues to persist and only targets specific people.

:)

Evan1, Jul 13, 2021

2. Remote Desktop black screen

It logs in but get the black screen with only the pointer showing. I tried unchecking the persistent bitmap caching but still didn't help. This was suggested online. The remote computer graphics work fine when not connected with remote desktop. The driver
    that was installed when Windows 10 1903 was installed is the one not working with remote desktop. The old Microsoft basic graphic driver just made it impossible to use although it did work with remote desktop. Haven't found any other driver to use as of now.
    It is an older Dell Studio 17 and Dell doesn't list a graphic driver for it. I am still trying to see if I can find one though.

JamesWalther, Jul 13, 2021
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Remote Desktop Black/Transparent Glitch

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Remote Desktop Black/Transparent Glitch

1. Remote Desktop Black/Transparent Glitch - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Black

2. Display Transparency Glitch Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Transparency Glitch Windows 10: Hello,I've been struggling with a strange transparency glitch for months now. See here and here. It's hard to describe exactly what the issue is, but the desktop apps on both my laptop and extended display highlight whatever my mouse hovers over. That highlight then doesn't...
  3. Mouse Cursor is transparent in Remote Desktop Session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor is transparent in Remote Desktop Session: We have a client who has been using Windows 365 for the past year or so. Today when he logged in he didn't have a mouse cursor. During our troubleshooting steps, we figured out that he did indeed have a mouse cursor but it was transparent as you can see in the pictures. I...
  4. Mouse Cursor is transparent in Remote Desktop Session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Cursor is transparent in Remote Desktop Session: We have a client who has been using Windows 365 for the past year or so. Today when he logged in he didn't have a mouse cursor. During our troubleshooting steps, we figured out that he did indeed have a mouse cursor but it was transparent as you can see in the pictures. I...
  5. Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC: HelloWe use RealVNC to remote in to our machine at the office it works the same as team viewer etc, but when we went to login today the screen was black. I can remote into another machine that is at the office so it isnt the internet and if I use RDP on that machine I still...
  6. black transparent box on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    black transparent box on desktop: Hi ^^ , some people have black transparent box on desktop , and that the way i fix my problem 1-Open Geforce Experience 2-go to Settings > General 3-open IN-GAME OVERLAY 4-open Overlay settings 5-Go to HUD Layout > Set Position : OFF 6-Done *Party i Hope it help 172871
  7. Windows desktop is glitching out and turning black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows desktop is glitching out and turning black: I'm sure you've heard this before because to my knowledge it's pretty common, but the answers vary and I want to know what it is, when I hover over an I con is turns black but if I highlight the background it makes a black box behind but something new happened today and I...
  8. Black glitch on desktop

Black glitch on desktop: So once and a while I get this thing where my desktop slowly turn black, like when you hover over a icon or highlight Video: https://imgur.com/a/c4tEXx4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-glitch-on-desktop/8a2c0598-7b09-460c-bbd7-011a8b186307
  9. Start Menu Transparency glitch

Start Menu Transparency glitch: I'm using W10 1903 build and I noticed there's a glitch with the transparency effect. As you can see in the attached gif, start menu opens in full transparency and suddendly become blurry, this does not happen with the notification panel (but on another laptop I got the same...
  10. Remote Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop black screen: After installing update 1903 on second computer I get a black screen when remote desktop connects. Tried rolling back video driver which took me back to a Microsoft basic driver from 2006 but only offers 1024x768 for best setting. This causes programs to be so large you can...