Windows 10: Remote Desktop Camera Devices not showing in applications

Discus and support Remote Desktop Camera Devices not showing in applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have been in the process of getting users access to their work PCs through Remote Desktop Connection and have noticed there is no rhyme or reason as to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by goforplatypus, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop Camera Devices not showing in applications

Have been in the process of getting users access to their work PCs through Remote Desktop Connection and have noticed there is no rhyme or reason as to why some laptops integrated webcams work over RDP and some don't. I have tried everything I can find to include, system updates, device driver updates, uninstall, reinstall, group policy edits FXRemote. Does anyone have any additional guidance as to where I could look next to get this resolved.

The camera is recognized in Device Manager on the local machine under Camera, and recognized under Remote Desktop Camera Devices but does not show in Microsoft Teams or any other video software our users use on a daily basis.

I can't find a reason why some laptops work and others do not.

:)

goforplatypus, Jun 25, 2020

2. Remote Desktop Client App Doesnt play sound on device

Hi Kevin,

Based on the information you provided, we can try performing basic troubleshooting steps on the application.

We suggest that you follow these methods on how to resolve the issue:

Method 1: Clear app cache and force stop the application.

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Applications then select Application manager.
    • Select Microsoft Remote Desktop app then tap on Clear Cache.
    • Tap on Force Stop then restart your device.

If issue persist, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the application.

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Applications then select Application manager.
    • Select Microsoft Remote Desktop app then tap on Uninstall.
    • Reinstall the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on the third-party store app.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 25, 2020
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 25, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Remote Desktop Camera Devices not showing in applications

Remote desktop rebooting

Hi,

We may need more information about the issue on the remote desktop that keeps rebooting, kindly respond to the following questions:

• How do you access the remote desktop?
    • Is the process of the connection through a wireless connection?
    We suggest that you check your firewall or antivirus settings if it is blocking the connection between the two devices.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

David Haz, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop Camera Devices not showing in applications

1. Remote Desktop Camera Devices not showing in applications - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Camera

2. Remote desktop connection disconnected immediately and remote screen shows "a device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection disconnected immediately and remote screen shows "a device...: Hello, I have used remote desktop connection for months.My host laptop is Windows 10 Pro. My remote desktop is Windows 11 Pro.Suddenly, there are errors in connecting.It still connects to the remote desktop but immediately an error shows up on the remote screen showing "a...
  3. Remote desktop connection disconnected immediately and remote screen shows "a device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection disconnected immediately and remote screen shows "a device...: Hello, I have used remote desktop connection for months.My host laptop is Windows 10 Pro. My remote desktop is Windows 11 Pro.Suddenly, there are errors in connecting.It still connects to the remote desktop but immediately an error shows up on the remote screen showing "a...
  4. Remote desktop and audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop and audio devices: Hi,Does anyone know of a way to determine which of the client PC's audio devices become the 'remote audio' devices for the host PC/VM in a remote desktop session? It seems always to use the client's default mic & speakers, regardless of what I try to change that.I've tried...
  5. Remote desktop and audio devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop and audio devices: Hi,Does anyone know of a way to determine which of the client PC's audio devices become the 'remote audio' devices for the host PC/VM in a remote desktop session? It seems always to use the client's default mic & speakers, regardless of what I try to change that.I've tried...
  6. Remote desktop and audio devices

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Remote Desktop Connect - Camera & Microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connect - Camera & Microphone: Hi there, I am setup with a laptop and have a second monitor connected to it. The laptop has a camera and microphone and I have confirmed they work outside of a remote connection. I connect to a VPN, and then connect remotely to my desktop at work. I have gone in to the...
  8. Remote Desktop Connect - Camera & Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop Connect - Camera & Microphone: Hi there, I am setup with a laptop and have a second monitor connected to it. The laptop has a camera and microphone and I have confirmed they work outside of a remote connection. I connect to a VPN, and then connect remotely to my desktop at work. I have gone in to the...
  9. help with remote desktop camera access win10

help with remote desktop camera access win10: Hi, I have win10 home on my laptop. Laptop camera works fine. Setup privacy and policy as per web articles. Setup remote desktop to access camera. Also fiddled with firewalls on both sides. No matter what, when I rdp into my work computer WIN10 pro, the work...
  10. Barcode scanner issue with Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Application

Barcode scanner issue with Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Application: Dear Microsoft Forum Members, We have a customer that is using Terminal Server 2012 in combination Windows 10 Pro (1803) desktops and Honeywell Voyager 1602g barcode scanners, when they scan a barcode, they get an error message in the software program they use for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop camera devices not working